Contest ideas

For official announcements and news items only.
hanako
Site Admin

#16 Post by hanako » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:21 pm

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hanakogamesnews/join

I don't send news out very often, and if you check the forums every day you'll generally get news faster than the newsletter does. Sometimes there are newsletter-only discount offers though.

Saetana

#17 Post by Saetana » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:27 pm

Thanks, I'll sign up now. :)

:twisted:

Saetana

#18 Post by Saetana » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:24 am

Well I have now signed up - god I truly hate and detest Yahoo, lol! I hadn't used it for ages so tried to create a new identity and finished it only to get a screen coming up saying I needed to get my parents consent, when I put my year of birth as 1965! I then recalled I had changed my password for my original identity so it had not been "deleted" as I thought and when the sign up screen came up for the newsletter I had the choice of my old identity plus one I must have created some other time I had completely forgotten about - but not the new "parent consent" one! Still, I signed up anyway - just a thought but I signed up through a different email address than the one I use for this forum (I had a problem signing up using the one I gave when I bought Cute Knight Deluxe, no idea why), is that likely to be a problem?

Saetana

#19 Post by Saetana » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:25 am

Ouch! Just realised I made myself 4 years older in my last post - not a good idea at my age. 1969!

fallowdeer1

#20 Post by fallowdeer1 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:44 am

Saetana, I've been a member for a long time, but I am a pretty quiet person. You may not worry about meeting the post requirements, but I can honestly say that I wouldn't have posted this much in years if it weren't for me wanting CKK. :wink: This forum is a nice place and good for updates and help, but I feel hesitant to use it like a chat site. I guess some of us are more brave than others. I fall into the more hesitant category. :)

Saetana

#21 Post by Saetana » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:26 am

fallowdeer, well anything that gets people posting more has got to be a good thing - I only joined a couple of months ago (I only recently discovered Cute Knight) but I have to admit a few of my posts have been regarding a specific problem I was having with the game. I find that once I post a couple of times and others post in the same topics then I end up posting again (and again....). I did try not to make posts for the sake of it to make up my intial 10 but ones that I may have made anyway (eventually), given how many I have made now I needn't have bothered but at the time of the competition being posted I think I had only made about 5.

Thinking about it, maybe people who had been members for say 6 months or more could have been exempted from the 10 posts requirement (given it shows our joining date), I too have forums where I have only made a handful of posts (if that). Still, as none of us thought of it in time to suggest to Hanako, its a little late.