Visual Novels for Android&or dsi/ds

For discussion of games by other creators such as Aveyond and Spirited Heart.
loloser77

Visual Novels for Android&or dsi/ds

#1 Post by loloser77 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:49 am

[b][i] I'm really into visual novels but i cant really find any for my phone or dsi/ds please help lol[/i][/b]

Ellume

#2 Post by Ellume » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:48 am

For your DS you might be interested in Time Hollow or the Hotel Dusk series. If you have a flashcart you might be interested in the free homebrew LonewolfDS, but that is more a choose your own adventure novel then a visual novel.

hanako
Site Admin

#3 Post by hanako » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:37 pm

DS games:

9 persons 9 hours 9 doors - HIGHLY recommended as long as you don't mind a few messy murders and some puzzles to solve. :) It's mostly a visual novel and it's got a great story with multiple endings (but you need to find them all to get the truth).

Lux Pain Has some problems (the translation is messed up in places) but it's supposed to be a decent game if you like VNs and because it wasn't mainstream popular you can usually find it cheap.

Time Hollow - Mostly VN with a tiny bit of puzzling in a style particular to this game. Not really brain-straining difficulty, you'll be playing to follow the story. Only two endings though I think - the one you get going through the normal game and the special one you unlock after finishing.

Devil Survivor This is a VN/RPG cross. It has a branching plot with a lot of choices to make and multiple endings, but you will be fighting turn-based battles constantly, so if you don't like that kind of gameplay skip this. I'm playing it at the moment.

Trace Memory / Another Code Okay, technically it's an adventure game, and while there are sort-of two endings they only depend on how many optional puzzles you solved, but I liked it and it's got an anime girl protagonist so. :)

Phoenix Wright - There's a whole series of these mystery-solving games and they're basically VN/Adventure crosses. I never really got into them (I disliked a particular plot twist very early in the series) but they're quite popular.

... I could go on but that's probably enough for now.

Android I don't know much about yet but I expect there to be a surge in the near future as people using RenPy figure out how to port to it properly. :)

deb44

#4 Post by deb44 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:27 pm

Surviving Highschool is one that you can download on the Dsi XL, not sure if you have that though

Sara

#5 Post by Sara » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:37 pm

Ds/dsi:

Seconding Hanako's recommendations, especially the Ace Attorney games (my favorite games for the DS, actually), 999, Time Hollow and Devil Survivor, if you're a girl and you like romance VNs you can also play Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side (there's an english patch).

There's Princess Debut as well.

You can also port visual novels from the PC to your DS (such as Umineko no Naku Koro ni, Fate/Stay Night as a few others) with this program: http://weeaboo.nl/projects.php?project=1#cat1
I have tried converting Umineko (with the english patch by Witch-Hunt) and it worked perfectly.

You need to have your own copy of the game though.