Academagia - The Making of Mages (Magical School Sim)

For discussion of games by other creators such as Aveyond and Spirited Heart.
hanako
Site Admin

Academagia - The Making of Mages (Magical School Sim)

#1 Postby hanako » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:57 pm

No, this is not the one I'm working on, but it is something that Cute Knight fans should find interesting!

Academagia

You're a young student (either male or female) just starting out at a fancy magical school. That much is certain. EVERYTHING ELSE is up in the air. Are you from a poor family or a rich one? Born under a lucky star? Been clumsy all your life? Have a cat for a familiar? Make friends easily? Tend to accidentally get into trouble all the time?

You can set ALL these details for your background before you've even started your first day at school. Then once school starts, you'll have multiple events to schedule for every single day, eighty other students to interact with, and literally HUNDREDS of random events that you might encounter and which might go well or badly.

Skip class? You might find your way to a magical artifact hidden in a cave on the school grounds, or you might just annoy the teachers and end up in detention for the rest of your life. It is astoundingly complicated and no two playthroughs will be alike. (There's a wiki being built by players to share the secrets they've encoutnered so far!)

If you enjoy building different characters in Cute Knight this should keep you busy for a loooong time. :) There's no demo, but you can order the game here (Windows Only).

deb44

#2 Postby deb44 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:33 am

i wonder what will happen if someone buys it and they don't like it, lol.

a demo would be nice

H

#3 Postby H » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:03 am

The developer said, over on the Academagia forums. "We do not have any plans for a demo, although we may consider it in the future."

I like the Cute Knight games, and Princess Maker and those sorts of game so I ended up buying it anyway.

When I initially purchased Academagia I thought I'd made a huge mistake. It's quite a difficult game to get into with a steep learning curve at the beginning, once you get over that hurdle though it's an awful lot of fun.

It's not as user-friendly as Cute Knight is. It's still a bit buggy. It's definitely worth the money though.

hanako
Site Admin

#4 Postby hanako » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:47 pm

Yeah, it's not really well-suited to a demo because of the front-loaded difficulty curve, they'd probably need to design an entirely separate mini-game that teaches basic concepts with hand-holding.

They're steadily releasing bug patches and planning to open it up to user mods soon IIRC.

deb44

#5 Postby deb44 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:31 pm

i bought it. kind hard to figure out at first but it's fun

Aletea

#6 Postby Aletea » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:09 am

I bought it as well, and I'm glad I did: it's a lot of fun! There's so much depth to the game that it's kind of daunting at first, and they don't do a great job of explaining the internal workings of the game as you get into it. It's definitely worth pushing through and learning it yourself, however (and they do have guides and such online - they're also working on a wiki).

Indalecio

#7 Postby Indalecio » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:25 pm

I played through a couple of characters. This is a few things I've picked up.

1)During character creation, drop at least 1 point into the Fitness attribute. This will increase your Vitality and the amount of stress you can handle before resting. There's nothing worse than being bullied and having to skip class the next day because you're too injured and stressed out.

2)When studying or training, you can change the location where you study. It normally defaults to "Character's room", but if you study or train in other locations, they sometimes provide increases to additional skills. Studying in the libraries, usually will reward you with additional skills.

3)Useful skills to have
a)Persuasion - Raise this to 5 at least.
b)Observation - Having this high enough will increase your chances of success in some events.
c)Running - This option appears enough time in events to merit raising.

4)Maxing out studying for your classes at 10, will usually grant significant bonuses, including raising attributes. Researching some subjects, will also give attribute raises at 10.

deb44

#8 Postby deb44 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:25 pm

i found out that if you try to be bad student and miss class and detition all the time , that games ends really quickly :lol:

Naiomi666

thank you!

#9 Postby Naiomi666 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:45 pm

[quote="Indalecio"]I played through a couple of characters. This is a few things I've picked up.

1)During character creation, drop at least 1 point into the Fitness attribute. This will increase your Vitality and the amount of stress you can handle before resting. There's nothing worse than being bullied and having to skip class the next day because you're too injured and stressed out.

2)When studying or training, you can change the location where you study. It normally defaults to "Character's room", but if you study or train in other locations, they sometimes provide increases to additional skills. Studying in the libraries, usually will reward you with additional skills.

3)Useful skills to have
a)Persuasion - Raise this to 5 at least.
b)Observation - Having this high enough will increase your chances of success in some events.
c)Running - This option appears enough time in events to merit raising.

4)Maxing out studying for your classes at 10, will usually grant significant bonuses, including raising attributes. Researching some subjects, will also give attribute raises at 10.[/quote]

When follows these steps i did so much better. It's a pretty fun game. The only complaint i have though is the fact these games are going to last for 5 years. At least in order to complete the whole thing ill have to pay $100. I think it would have been better if they did 3 years.

deb44

#10 Postby deb44 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:15 am

they have content you can download, just check their forums

Naiomi666

#11 Postby Naiomi666 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:19 pm

[quote="deb44"]they have content you can download, just check their forums[/quote]

Its also not just the content. If every game could take about 1-2 years to make Then that would mean that it would take 8 years for this all of the games to develop. Who keeps the same computer for 8 years? I'm thinking of putting the game online so if i get a new computer in the future i could just put it on my new computer. Does anyone know any way i can do that?
Last edited by Naiomi666 on Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Indalecio

#12 Postby Indalecio » Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:34 am

You'd probably only need to keep the save game file. I'm not sure where to find it, though. Probably under your folder in "Documents and Settings"

jason95821

#13 Postby jason95821 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:22 am

does any 1 know how to contact there support
when ever i click on contact us on there website it does nothing
and since i have not bought the game yet i can not post on there fourms or contact mods

hanako
Site Admin

#14 Postby hanako » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:32 pm

You don't have to have bought the game to post on their forums...

kyoli

#15 Postby kyoli » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:40 pm

so bummed :( don't suppose you know where i could get a new download for it huh?

i can't even find the e-mail o got for it after i bought it so i don't know how to prove i bought or even where to go to ask them about it.

(stupid computer just had to be all faulty and needed to go in for fixing (i think they just gave me a whole new computer!)

Return to “Affiliate Games”