What are the (something)chat terms that differentiates star princess from wanderer?

In this sequel to Cute Knight, you have the whole kingdom to explore, and many secrets to find...
ashenfirefox

What are the (something)chat terms that differentiates star princess from wanderer?

#1 Post by ashenfirefox » Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:31 pm

In the astronomer.dlg file : this line determines if you get star princess or wanderer.

{1}if (global.dream > 100 && global.sins < 50 && global.boychat[5] >= 1 && global.foragechat[2] >= 2 && global.royalchat[1] >= 4 && (global.fishchat[1] >= 4 || flag_get("elsagift") =1)) global.position = 235; set_face(face_happy);{2}My real family...{3}{4}4,228{5}

The (something) variables (I think) keep track of which side quests you completed and which people you talked to. But which variables correspond to which side quests? I'm also wondering about boychat : it's an array of length at least 6. I don't know which character has at least 6 side quests to keep track of.

I'm guessing that these variables have something to do with the choosechat functions which also shows up in the .dlg files, but I can't find any info about that function anywhere.

hanako
Site Admin

Re: What are the (something)chat terms that differentiates star princess from wanderer?

#2 Post by hanako » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:28 pm

it's been so long I didn't remember this even HAD dlg files...

I suspect 'boychat' is referring to Gordy, the kid in the starting village.

If you look at the requirements for the wanderer outcome in the guide thread, it mentions required conversations with Gordy, his father, Betty, Helena, Al, either Elsa or Armand, and Venetia. Some of those conversations probably aren't being checked in the final because they were needed to unlock other things that are being checked.

'foragechat' is probably something to do with Betty, 'royalchat' something to do with Al.