Kickstarter + Early Demo

Male protagonist, in the Hall for bold and athletic boys.
hanako
Site Admin

Kickstarter + Early Demo

#1 Post by hanako » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:42 pm

The kickstarter is now live!!

There are also demos available both on itch and on Steam.

Please let me know if you encounter any problems with either the kickstarter or the demos, or even just if you have random comments

phoenixgirl

Re: Kickstarter + Early Demo

#2 Post by phoenixgirl » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:29 pm

Awww good luck with the KS. It's looking really hopeful so far. ^^

I was wondering. I'm not able to support on KS at this time since it still won't accept Paypal as a payment option, but will there be an option later on to fund the game using Paypal as well? I know some KS projects will later have such a separate option.
Please help and support me here.

manfromba

#3 Post by manfromba » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:58 pm

I hope that the final game will not force the PC to study all five classes for the first week. I loved how in Horse Hall, PCs could get in trouble for focussing all of their attentions upon 1 colour - and choose how to react to that trouble.

MillaMaxwell

#4 Post by MillaMaxwell » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:11 pm

I just played the demo and love it! The new art style and some of the little quality-of-life changes like the spell explanations just made me enjoy the game so much more. I'm really looking forward to the full game!

FantasyFan

#5 Post by FantasyFan » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:35 pm

Downloading the demo on Steam right now! I should be able to contribute to the Kickstarter after I pay my credit card bill (which will be after I get my paycheck, so it will be a couple of weeks, but I'm DEFINITELY contributing).

Foelhe

#6 Post by Foelhe » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:29 pm

To whoever pledged enough to get a romance with Manuel, you have my undying devotion. I was already over the moon about the Kickstarter getting started, and that was the bonus romance I was hoping for the most. This is a great day.

Runespoor

#7 Post by Runespoor » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:27 am

Wow, having played the demo, I cannot wait until I have the full game in my hands!

I'm looking forward to getting to know Barbara (and boy, her aesthetic is on point), and it was such fun to revisit events or meet character we already knew, but from a different perspective! In particular, fun to see how Minnie comes across differently - we're not "one of the wildseed girls from Horse Hall", we're "the mysterious foreign exchange student"...

The system of personality-dialogue looks like it will be super fun to figure out. I already did two playthroughs, picking slitghtly different options: both MCs got the same "flirty" descriptor, but one also got "scheming". Intriguing!

Like a comment above, I too hope in the final game we'll be able to fail our first week. :P If only because if memory serves, there's a Damien hanging around the gym, looking for impressionable-wildseed-prey. Which WolfPC is not - fun!

Other things of note:
- it took me until today to realise that the campaign WolfPC can run for isn't the treasurer spot. I'm very observant. (HYPE! HYPE! Competition hype!!!!!)
- Angela's redesign cracks me up so much, wrt William. It's like, William has a Type: terrible people who pay a lot of attention to their appearance. I would say I'm sorry, but he gives very nice woobie vibes, and while I'm not sure MD would go the Cruel-Elodie-with-Alice, I get curious.

Also: the dummy is incredibly creepy.

ViviFellow

#8 Post by ViviFellow » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:31 am

Wow, the kickstarter is almost almost financed (€6.713/8.961 € since this post), with 2 new teachers and Manuel route. I can't wait to play the full game! (>w<)

Edit: Funded!
Last edited by ViviFellow on Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FantasyFan

#9 Post by FantasyFan » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:19 am

Just played the demo and I'm hooked. I'm wondering, since the Wolf PC is apparently using a fake name, will the player get to choose his real name at some point?

Also, the Ellen and Virginia dynamic is adorable - it's really neat to observe them when you're not their roommate. Barbara looks like an awesome character - I'm excited to learn more about her.

PS: Someone PLEASE donate for the Raven dating option! I've wanted to date her ever since Horse Hall.

Canyon

#10 Post by Canyon » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:36 am

I hope someone pledges for the Raven tier, too. She is my favorite of the four extra side romance options. I always think she is very funny, even though she is serious.

Tomo-chan

#11 Post by Tomo-chan » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:02 am

Very excited ! I don't have time to play the demo right now, maybe tonight, but I launched it and the music on the title screen made me so eager to go back to the Academy !

Just wondering, Hanako : does the "Early Bird" reward "plus a bonus for getting in early" refer to it being cheaper than the next tier ? If it doesn't and it's another kind of bonus, does selecting another reward during the Early Bird period give that bonus ? I would like to select the Early Access tier, but I was wondering about that "bonus".

Also, I found it a bit strange that "unlocking romantic options" were tiers that just one person had to pay for, while generally those kind of things are stretch goals. Maybe we could lauch a kickstarter to gather enough money to unlock the romantic options ? :lol:

Good luck Hanako ! Everything will go well.

Franka

#12 Post by Franka » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:40 pm

Best of luck with the Kickstarter! Doesn't look like you need it, so please stop stressing so much, it's going fine. :)

Anyway, you should probably restrict people from naming themselves after characters already in the game. Other than the usual confusion, it also make the codex a little harder to decipher.

hanako
Site Admin

#13 Post by hanako » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:25 pm

Tomo-chan wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:02 am
Very excited ! I don't have time to play the demo right now, maybe tonight, but I launched it and the music on the title screen made me so eager to go back to the Academy !

Just wondering, Hanako : does the "Early Bird" reward "plus a bonus for getting in early" refer to it being cheaper than the next tier ? If it doesn't and it's another kind of bonus, does selecting another reward during the Early Bird period give that bonus ? I would like to select the Early Access tier, but I was wondering about that "bonus".

Also, I found it a bit strange that "unlocking romantic options" were tiers that just one person had to pay for, while generally those kind of things are stretch goals. Maybe we could lauch a kickstarter to gather enough money to unlock the romantic options ? :lol:

Good luck Hanako ! Everything will go well.
Yeah, the 'bonus for getting in early' just means it's cheaper. Sorry if that was unclear.

I know it's a slightly odd way of doing the extra romance options. (Rambly stuff you can skip all this if not interested) Basically, I didn't want to do the standard 'unlock X character at X stretch goal!' thing because I didn't want to have to rank them in order (which could lead to some frustrations depending on who comes first) and I wanted some options available for big spenders.

When the stretch goals go up (shortly), one of the planned levels is to unlock a side romance, and the backers will get to vote on who becomes romanceable out of a list of possibilities. So if nobody straight-up buys a character, then you'll have a chance to vote for them and the most desired character will get in.

The list of votable characters is larger than the list of four currently up as purchaseable routes, so if people buy all four of those routes, there will still be characters to vote on.

hanako
Site Admin

#14 Post by hanako » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:26 pm

Franka wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:40 pm

Anyway, you should probably restrict people from naming themselves after characters already in the game. Other than the usual confusion, it also make the codex a little harder to decipher.
Well, I won't let people name cameo characters after characters in the game, but if people want to be silly and mess around with confusing character names, surely that should be their choice? :D

KitCat

#15 Post by KitCat » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:00 pm

Nice news, sorry get it that late...

What?! $10,637 pledged of $10,276 goal . Can it be truth? already?!