One part I didn't understand

Hints, favorite characters, and general discussion of the adventure game Fatal Hearts.
drayvin04

One part I didn't understand

#1 Post by drayvin04 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:00 pm

Ok, there is one part I never figured out. Christina is having a flashback(I am not really sure which part of game) and in this particular flashback, she hears someone saying how the girl has to die and how he made her think he loved her to get close and kill her. Who is saying this? At first I thought it was gonna be a new plot twist where Bastian never really loved Kirstin, but that never happened. I remember seeing this dialogue, but it is never revealed who said it or why it is said, nless I missed something. :(

lill_sweetty

#2 Post by lill_sweetty » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:42 pm

Um...Flashback?

I'm not quite sure either...But couldn't you see Sebastian and Kirsten in the flashback? Because I seem to vaguely remember it....Though I can't remember the details.

As far as I know, your description seems to be pointing to Sebastian thinking (or explaining to Kirsten, I don't know) about the vampire lady that he found on his travels.

! SPOILER !

He hated vampires, but she loved him and wanted to be eternal lovers with him, so he actually got close to her and killed her. (He became vampires later because he took her heart with him, as it had magical abilities. The wofriemen were wrecking his home, and without any choice, he ate -?- the heart and became a vampire so he could protect his homeland. This was revealed in the walkthrough...)

Some things might be wrong. XD It's been awhile...But that's how I remembered it.

hanako
Site Admin

#3 Post by hanako » Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:18 pm

At first I thought it was gonna be a new plot twist where Bastian never really loved Kirstin
It's a sneaky trick to try and make you think that, yes. :)

If you're playing along Tim's path, Christina is under the influence of the wolfriemen, so they're pushing her to be more suspicious of Bastian. However, if you take the ending where Christina kills Bastian, she says basically the same things that Bastian says in the dream sequence - about having to pretend to love him in order to get close enough to kill him. If you recognise that it's the same, you may then realise that the first thing was talking about the female vampire Sebastien killed and not talking about Kirsten. What Christina does to him is what he did to Tarrenta - what goes around, comes around.

But since this is subtle, and all the Sebastien backstory has to be carefully pieced together from lots of different dream sequences, I explained it in a little more detail in the strategy guide.

lill_sweetty

#4 Post by lill_sweetty » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:57 am

O.o I feel so stupid...I played all the endings, knew about Sebastian's backstory, and yet never made the connection and felt the irony of Christina stabbing Bastian, and Sebastian stabbing Tarrenta. Once again, I have to applaud Georgina. This game really is very deep. I've finished it for a few months now, and yet I just learned something new today...XD

Mm...so this irony backs up that ending now, doesn't it? As I'm sure people who loves irony or destiny or even who just plain hates Bastian will probably relish in this ending.