'Errors' from people who downloaded corrupt game versions

Female protagonist, in the hall for adventurous girls.
HazelyInLove

Umm? is it just me?

#1 Post by HazelyInLove » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:55 pm

My sister got this for my younger sister b4 she went to college, and she showed me the problem, and here it is:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

Exception: Data file corrupt

While running game code:
- script call at line 2103 of /home/deekoo/code/renpy-projects/MagicalDiary/game/chapter1.rpy
- script at line 150 of F:\home\deekoo\code\renpy-projects\tmp\MagicalDiary-1.0.9-win32/game/week8.rpy
- python at line 152 of F:\home\deekoo\code\renpy-projects\tmp\MagicalDiary-1.0.9-win32/game/week8.rpy.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

File "Y:\Downloads\Magical Diary - Horse Hall\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 270, in bootstrap
File "Y:\Downloads\Magical Diary - Horse Hall\renpy\main.py", line 382, in main
File "Y:\Downloads\Magical Diary - Horse Hall\renpy\main.py", line 140, in run
File "Y:\Downloads\Magical Diary - Horse Hall\renpy\execution.py", line 259, in run
File "Y:\Downloads\Magical Diary - Horse Hall\renpy\ast.py", line 574, in execute
File "Y:\Downloads\Magical Diary - Horse Hall\renpy\python.py", line 957, in py_exec_bytecode
File "F:\home\deekoo\code\renpy-projects\tmp\MagicalDiary-1.0.9-win32/game/week8.rpy", line 152, in <module>

While running game code:
- script call at line 2103 of /home/deekoo/code/renpy-projects/MagicalDiary/game/chapter1.rpy
- script at line 150 of F:\home\deekoo\code\renpy-projects\tmp\MagicalDiary-1.0.9-win32/game/week8.rpy
- python at line 152 of F:\home\deekoo\code\renpy-projects\tmp\MagicalDiary-1.0.9-win32/game/week8.rpy.

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 6.11.2b

idk what time this happened. pleez help

hanako
Site Admin

#2 Post by hanako » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:29 pm

If you receive that error, you have downloaded a copy of the game from a third-party website instead of from the official game website. Your game file is corrupt.

To replace this copy with a valid copy, go to the options screen and run the updater using the license key you received when purchasing the game.
Last edited by hanako on Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

mitzelflx

#3 Post by mitzelflx » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:48 pm

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

File "C:\Documents and Settings\wendy\My Documents\meow\Magical Diary - Horse Hall\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 270, in bootstrap
File "C:\Documents and Settings\wendy\My Documents\meow\Magical Diary - Horse Hall\renpy\main.py", line 382, in main
File "C:\Documents and Settings\wendy\My Documents\meow\Magical Diary - Horse Hall\renpy\main.py", line 140, in run
File "C:\Documents and Settings\wendy\My Documents\meow\Magical Diary - Horse Hall\renpy\execution.py", line 259, in run
File "C:\Documents and Settings\wendy\My Documents\meow\Magical Diary - Horse Hall\renpy\ast.py", line 574, in execute
File "C:\Documents and Settings\wendy\My Documents\meow\Magical Diary - Horse Hall\renpy\python.py", line 957, in py_exec_bytecode
File "F:\home\deekoo\code\renpy-projects\tmp\MagicalDiary-1.0.9-win32/game/week8.rpy", line 152, in <module>

While running game code:

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 6.11.2b

I keep getting this problem when I do the second dungeon test ;o;

hanako
Site Admin

#4 Post by hanako » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:14 pm

If you receive that error, you have downloaded a copy of the game from a third-party website instead of from the official game website. Your game file is corrupt.

To replace this copy with a valid copy, go to the options screen and run the updater using the license key you received when purchasing the game.