The Royal Trap (early development)

Swords, pistols, and palace intrigue - will you fight to save your prince?
Hattee18

#16 Postby Hattee18 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:10 pm

I am soooo curious now. I hope you tell us more soon. :)

SilverHyena

#17 Postby SilverHyena » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:01 am

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I was looking forward to this game. Well, I guess it can't be helped. :(

Oki

#18 Postby Oki » Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:08 am

That's so heartbreaking! I'll do it for free! XD Bawwwww. If only I could will artists to not do so ;___;

Muse

#19 Postby Muse » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:13 am

That is such a shame. Sorry to hear that, Hanako.

jason95821

Re: Project on hiatus

#20 Postby jason95821 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:03 am

think i would die of laughter seening that just pop up randomly on a game :shock:

hanako
Site Admin

#21 Postby hanako » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:38 am

Just when we'd about given up, this project is starting to show signs of life again.

It is still early enough that I do not want to say anything about what the game is actually about, other than that, like I said, that line is not a real line of dialog. :)

However, we are potentially looking for some early readers who would like to look at a SMALL SAMPLE of what this game is about. (This is NOT a beta or a demo. This is a few scenes at the beginning, with half the art missing, no sound, etc.) The purpose of this exercise would be to get people who are willing to write reviews of the way the characters come across in the introductory scenes, so we can see if we're sending the right signals early on or if things need to be adjusted.

Anyone doing this would not need to pay for it, and it's NOT a beta access - you wouldn't be receiving updates or anything, just one sample to read and take notes on. Preference would be given to people who post wordy reviews and character analyses of things, since that's the sort of feedback we're looking for here.

FantasyFan

#22 Postby FantasyFan » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:26 pm

I'd totally love to do that! So do I PM you or what?

hanako
Site Admin

#23 Postby hanako » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:02 pm

This is a possible thing, not a thing that's definitely going on right now. If you're interested, post here (and post links to reviews and such you've written if you think it will support your case to be a Good Feedbacker) and then ifwhen we get a sample ready we will privately contact a couple of people.

Trying to scrape together enough sprites to run through the most important parts first though.

FantasyFan

#24 Postby FantasyFan » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:03 pm

All right, I am interested, and it just so happens that I started a game reviewing blog last month.

http://mygamereviews.livejournal.com/

Oki

#25 Postby Oki » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:23 am

I am actually part of a successful anime review blog that gets about a thousand hits a day. I'd be happy to mention the game, we're about to start covering otome games with the release of Hakuoki, Demon of the Fleeting Blossom.

hanako
Site Admin

#26 Postby hanako » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:29 am

Ohnonononono, we do not want people publicly reviewing it! Anyone receiving this sample will be doing so under strictest secrecy, because it may bear no resemblance to the final game!

What I'm looking for is people capable of writing critiques so that they can tell us how well the characters are coming across. People who look at a sample and say "Yeah, that was cool" = not very helpful feedback. People who are capable of expressing how they feel about individual characters, and why, and what information might help sway their opinions? Helpful.

Reviews are useful for games after they're released. Not when they're just being planned! :)

Oki

#27 Postby Oki » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:21 am

I meant when it was released, of course. :) I see opportunities to mention things and otherwise try not to, sorry about that, my bad.

Well, here's the thing. As rapid and ridiculous as I seem around the forums I just acknowledge this is a fanbase. I am very open to criticism. My friends come to me for it, and they know I am always willing to be open. Also I am just very critical. I think Magical Diary was the only otome game I played during my crazed phase I didn't have serious complaints about, but I did have complains about other elements. I am the least of all...rapid in real life. It's more like a persona I use to express my enjoyment of things online. I am an adult afterall, and the chance to enjoy something while still commenting on it is something I welcome, if you'd have me.

But again, I don't want to just go "Pick me!". I'm sure plenty of people here would be willing to do it, but keep me in mind if you ever run short! Thank you.

junsei7

#28 Postby junsei7 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:02 am

I'd be more than happy to comment. I don't have anything to link to (this forum is pretty much my only digital presence!), but I've got an Honours degree in English Literature, so analysing and critically appraising text is stuff I like doing. I'm sure you'll get tons of replies, but anything I can do to help, just let me know.

Nada

#29 Postby Nada » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:07 am

I don't usually review games publicly but I would love to do this. When I do write reviews on movies or games they are usually well detailed. I could review a movie or game and then perhaps PM it to you when you're ready, or have decided, to do this so that you can see if I am what you're looking for. =)

Yuki

#30 Postby Yuki » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:34 am

If it's just reading and you're after an unconventional viewpoint, I'm willing to take a look.

Return to “The Confines of the Crown”