Hakuoki: Demon of the Fleeting Blossom

For discussion of games by other creators such as Aveyond and Spirited Heart.
lunanight

Hakuoki: Demon of the Fleeting Blossom

#1 Post by lunanight » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:58 pm

http://www.amazon.com/Hakuoki-Demon-Fle ... pd_cp_vg_1
has anyone bought this game and played it? If so what are your thoughts on it. I was very excited when I found out there was going to be an otome game for psp.

topostarlight

#2 Post by topostarlight » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:05 pm

I'm LOVING the game right now. Got 4 endings so far, working on my fifth. The story is rather interesting and I found myself wanting to know more and find out what was going to happen to these characters. The guys are gorgeous and I'm excited to see each one's story unfold. :)

So, yes, I highly recommend the game and can't wait for Aksys to bring more otome games over here!

lunanight

#3 Post by lunanight » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:30 pm

I just finished playing this game, I loved it! but the endings where bitter sweet to me in some parts I found myself crying! I loved the music and the art was good too.

DarthSnuggles

#4 Post by DarthSnuggles » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:12 am

I am really excited about this game, even though I don't own a PSP. I think it's really awesome that more otome games are being released in English, and I hope that this game does well enough to warrant creating or translating more titles into English.

My boyfriend has a PSP, so if I can get him to let me borrow it, I'll probably buy the game. It looks soooo beautiful.

k24601

#5 Post by k24601 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:45 am

It actually makes me a little angry that they're porting only certain / newer titles when there's tons of old ones / other titles that they should've brought to us first. Then , there's the issue of these games being available either only on one console or only the latest thing ....not everyone has the latest console / thing. (and games like Ninja love are only available to those with i phone / whatever and if I understand correctly they are wanting too much money for a full game or to have all the guys )

If I ever get lucky enough to own or get to borrow a psp and the game though I would love to try it....

I wish they would port the angelique games , giftpia, magical vacation, tokimeki memorial, various otome , and other games here.

hanako
Site Admin

#6 Post by hanako » Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:51 am

It's not really practical to expect a company to port older games which are unlikely to sell enough copies to pay for the project. Especially on a console, which has higher costs and requires a much higher minimum sales number to make a profit.

And releasing on more than one system at once? Puts the costs up even higher.

If sales are really high, then they can take the risk of bringing more games through. However, for really old games it's unlikely there will ever be an official translation.

If some crazy company tried to translate a bunch of old games for a bunch of systems... they'd go bankrupt, and none of the games would ever be released.

I wish someone would do a fan translation project for the early Angelique games, because it's the only way we'll ever get to play them...

k24601

#7 Post by k24601 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:39 pm

There's a fan translation for one of the early ones (snes if I remember correctly ) but the patch itself is not great but it's playable if you use both the patch and look at marfisa's angelique site at the same time / take notes whle reading and then read the notes while playing.....

marfisa also has neoromance or myneoromance / new angelique site that she's moving the old stuff over to the new one but the old one is still up

it may not be "practical" but it's just a pet peeve of mine because although I do already have quite a few consoles I don't have everything so naturally it upsets me that certain titles are available only on certain consoles or for i phone or whatever

I know it's probably a little unrealistic as a wish....it'd just be nice , that's all. and it'd make things easier not only for me but others as well ....I know I can't be the only one who only has certain consoles but not the latest ones and I don't have a way to play games like Ninja Love , ect. blah blah blah
If some crazy company tried to translate a bunch of old games for a bunch of systems... they'd go bankrupt, and none of the games would ever be released.
I don't believe that , doesn't make any sense to me ...but then again I'm not "in the business" so to speak and am "just" a gamer / customer and consumer so....*shrug*

I know it "takes money to make money" but if they wouldn't limit their games to only the latest stuff and wouldn't port only certain titles while not porting other titles...I don't see how they wouldn't make money back / more money for taking the effort , time , and money to stop limiting themselves since we otome fans would be willing to part with our money if only this or that was done but its not getting done...that's all I'm saying

I feel that we should let this be a "let's just agree to disagree about this" issue....

DarthSnuggles

#8 Post by DarthSnuggles » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:48 pm

k24601 wrote: I don't believe that , doesn't make any sense to me ...but then again I'm not "in the business" so to speak and am "just" a gamer / customer and consumer so....*shrug*

I know it "takes money to make money" but if they wouldn't limit their games to only the latest stuff and wouldn't port only certain titles while not porting other titles...I don't see how they wouldn't make money back / more money for taking the effort , time , and money to stop limiting themselves since we otome fans would be willing to part with our money if only this or that was done but its not getting done...that's all I'm saying .
I agree with you in principle, and I DEFINITELY wish some older games would receive translations--I'm looking at you, Princess Maker series--but I can also kind of understand, from a business standpoint, that that could be less than cost-effective. For example, a lot of people sell off or trade in their old consoles when a new one comes out, because for the average gamer who wants to keep up with the current hardware, it's just too expensive to keep every console. For that reason alone, sales of an older game would take a hit. It's not fair, but unfortunately, that seems to be the kind of thing that companies take into account when they decide which games to port.

I think the best thing we can do, as fans and consumers, is to keep financially supporting the awesome creators we DO have, and promoting the genre as a whole. The more we give our money to small companies and indie creators, the more it sends the message that this IS a financially-viable gaming genre. When people are spending their money consistently, companies do take notice, and I think that by supporting creators and the cool people who make fan translations (and helping out with the latter, when you can) we're increasing the odds that we eventually WILL see some localizations of older games.

In the mean time, I'm going to go and see if the Princess Maker 5 patch has been updated lately... :)