Alpha Bug Reports / Feedback

Rule the world - or die trying!
hanako
Site Admin

#31 Post by hanako » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:16 pm

If you patch up to 0.5.31 (currently alpha, but I've looked at it enough to be sure it won't totally explode so it should be an improvement over current and it'll be betaed later today) there is an attempt at fixing some problems with Elodie's aunt in the epilogue, as well as adding the beginning of the event checklist. (Also the previously mentioned issue with Selene and the crystal conversation looping should now be fixed.)

Any events you've encountered prior to that patch won't be recorded yet, you'll have to reach them again.

The other epilogue stuff, we'll look at.

The text you described should be the text for winning the Lumen duel, nothing related to military skill, so obviously something went wrong. Will look.

EDIT re EDIT (lol)

If you chose to dismiss your spy's allegations, Elodie does put the whole thing out of her mind. If you chose to have the family executed and then they showed up, that's a bug.

Yes, feel free to email me a log or PM a link to it or something, I'll have a look. :)
Last edited by hanako on Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aletea

#32 Post by Aletea » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:31 pm

I think my purpose in all of this must be to find when the epilogue doesn't match the events :lol: Here's another one for you:

I had Brin, the Duchess of Hellas executed in the interaction with Ixion. Yet in the epilogue, Elodie was noted to have never married and spent a great deal of time with the Duchess, Brin. Oddly enough, when I checked out the log, there was absolutely nothing about that whole confrontation where I had Brin executed - in fact, weeks 5 through 12 showed only that she had taken classes. At the ball, Banion gives his little speech about Brin to try and anger Elodie, however, so it at least recognized those events up to that point.

Edit: Oh, and in that playthrough, weeks 14-16 and 17-19 also were showing only classes and nothing else (not even the afternoon activity).

hanako
Site Admin

#33 Post by hanako » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:24 am

The occasional blank patches in logs had to do with logging being switched off when you went to the outfit screen and sometimes it didn't get turned back on.

Latest beta fixes a LOT of stuff related to logs and epilogues, and causes the agent to return in Week37 to give a report. Which, depending on various other things, Elodie may not want to hear.

So please patch up to 0.5.35 before reporting any further epilogue troubles. There are probably still going to be a few lurking, but we've definitely fixed some of them!

FantasyFan

#34 Post by FantasyFan » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:58 am

All right, I was going to wait until I actually FINISHED the game without dying (I've been trying over and over and over) to post here, but I have a bug to report (and yes I upgraded to the lastest version).

If I choose not to go to the party where you get attacked by bandits on the way, the game crashes when the king tells me that the neighboring kingdom has declared civil war.

Naiomi666

question

#35 Post by Naiomi666 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:57 am

I was wondering if there will be a way for the game to be easier?A lot of options in the beginning of the game require court manners and royal decorum but those are the stats that have penalties in the beginning of the game.

It's weird. When I just choose the meanest choices is when i won the game, but when i try and become a good ruler I keep dying! :(

hanako
Site Admin

#36 Post by hanako » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:06 pm

If you get to an actual crash, hit the 'upload traceback' button and it'll send the details to Spiky.

(The civil war is in YOUR country, not the neighboring one. We fixed one crash related to it already but there may be others lurking.)

However, are you sure you were updated to the latest version? Because of the bug in the updater in the earliest release, your patches might have been failing...
I was wondering if there will be a way for the game to be easier?A lot of options in the beginning of the game require court manners and royal decorum but those are the stats that have penalties in the beginning of the game.
It's meant to be tricky! But it generally isn't the end of the world if you miss some of the early tests. Since there are logs to track your choices on, people who DO manage to achieve things should be able to give you tips.

For example, it is possible to become a Lumen as early as week 9! But very tricky. (There's also some code in place in case someone is smarter than I am and manages it by week 8. If you somehow pull that off you'll be able to use magic in the battle. I'm not sure it can be done, but I'm covering my bases.)

If a stat is only at -1 you can still raise it, it'll just raise very slowly. Depending on your plans that can sometimes be worth it. If a stat is at -2 then you'll need to force your mood to change.

flwriter124

#37 Post by flwriter124 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:18 am

so i downloaded the new file and it worked to download 0.5.27(yay!) but i just tried to download 0.5.34 and it didnt work, so i tried 0.5.35 and it also didnt work..... should i download the new file again then retry? :?

hanako
Site Admin

#38 Post by hanako » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:21 am

to quote spiky's post:
I've got a candidate fix - if you download http://spikycaterpillar.com/long_live_t ... _admin.bat and replace your existing updater_admin.bat (it will be in the game folder inside the folder where you installed Long Live The Queen), you should be able to update to 0.5.29.

(Do NOT update to anything before 0.5.29, or it will reset your updater_admin to the old broken version.)
so if you updated to 0.5.27, then as part of the update, it promptly deleted the fix you'd just installed (because that fix file was part of a later update, so it didn't match the file list for 0.5.27, so it was thrown out).

So yes, you'll need to download the fix again in order to update again. But as long as you update to things later than 0.5.29 it should stay fixed. (And since there aren't any patches older than that still available, it should be okay.)

Spiky Caterpillar

#39 Post by Spiky Caterpillar » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:23 am

Yes, you should redownload. 0.5.27 has the old version of updater_admin.bat. (Alternatively, you can just open updater_admin.bat in Notepad and change the references to MagicalDiary.exe to LongLiveTheQueen.exe)

junsei7

#40 Post by junsei7 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:40 pm

Finally made it to a coronation! Yowza - part of me wants it to be easier, but I think I love the difficulty as it means you have so many strategic options open to you and it's really important what you choose to focus on. I like that. I already have a Word document on the go noting all my 'failures' so I have a hint what different paths to try - love those notification bubbles! :)

I did have a problem in the epilogue - I chose to marry Sedna, but in the epilogue it said that Elodie wasn't the marrying type?

hanako
Site Admin

#41 Post by hanako » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:45 pm

Assuming you're patched up far enough to have a log button at the end of your epilogue, can you send me your log? There are some circumstances in which you don't get to marry the person you indicated you were interested in, so I'd like to check to see if it went wrong or not.

If not patched far enough to have that button, who knows, lots of epilogue stuff has been fixed in patches! :)

junsei7

#42 Post by junsei7 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:07 pm

You're right - my mistake - I was one upgrade down. So sorry! Ignore me. Move along. Nothing to see here.

manfromba

#43 Post by manfromba » Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:44 pm

Well, many choices and a short length is excellent for me.

Will there be any f/f elements, or just f/m in keeping with the political nature of relationships?

hanako
Site Admin

#44 Post by hanako » Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:12 pm

There are some characters who prefer the company of other women, and it is possible to end up in an implied relationship with one, but that doesn't negate your need to marry and produce heirs for the good of the country.

In any case, romance is barely a footnote to the politicking going on.

---

Speaking of, how are those of you in testing doing with filling out your checklists? :)

liz4187

#45 Post by liz4187 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:18 pm

So far I have 9 items off of my checklist. I agree with it being very difficult. Every time I try to achieve a new ending I end up dying first because I forgot some stat or another. However I suppose it will be easier when the game is out and people start writing guides. I have so much difficulty with the adventure in the forest I either do not have enough Lumen power, or I die before I get to the party or when I have Lumen power and arrive at the party Brin's mom declares war on me... alas