Alpha Bug Reports / Feedback

Rule the world - or die trying!
Aletea

#16 Post by Aletea » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:23 am

I just noticed something odd: I chose to have her marry Talarist, the duke of Sedna. I also chose to have her delay in choosing who would control a particular province. In the epilogue, it claimed that she raised someone's status, and than that woman married the Duke of Sedna - and then, on the next page, it said that Ellodie and Talarist had a long courtship, and then married. Polygamy? :D

hanako
Site Admin

#17 Post by hanako » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:26 am

Not sure what you mean about it not taking hold. What happens exactly? It should download and then restart (and going to preferences after that will show the new version number). If that's not happening, what is?
I just noticed something odd
Oops! It was meant to cancel the other possibility if he'd gotten married already, looks like that slipped through. :)

Aletea

#18 Post by Aletea » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:31 am

That probably would work better than the polgyamy option :) or the man that the official marries could be a relative of the Duke's; a lot of political alliances have worked out by marrying siblings of the person in charge

flwriter124

#19 Post by flwriter124 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:35 am

2 screens for computer code come up. first one with a small amount of writing, then the security thing on my computer to allow the download, then another with a small paragraph of code that quickly disapears then the game loads. when i look at the preferences it says the version is 0.5.25 and has never been updated.

Oki

#20 Post by Oki » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:48 am

Alright, here's the endings I've gotten so far, along with some final comments since I've done...so much..

Beat the Lumens in a duel, no civil war. This process took a lot of tries because I had mastered all forms of Lumen and intrigue AND war but not swordplay or reflexes. Married the Duke of Taliblahblah and wasn't particularly notable in much.

Beat the civil war jerks through sheer force and beat the lumens through magic in a duel again. Married some foreign duke.

Married the civil war jerks and beat the lumens in a duel, again, even though I completely maxed out military force, hired criminals, and built war ships.

Finally got the ending where I beat off the invasion with just Naval force, which was extremely satisfying. Married the Duke of whatever land again, simply because his romantic ending sounded far more charming than anyone else.

Oh, and I got an ending where I got the Ixions to marry that noble woman and my skills in speeches were so bad and I was skipping through the entire feast so I accidentally got myself betrothed. Didn't want to see that ending though because I was so mad at my Naval forces not being good enough, but probably going to go back and get that one just because I'm sure the charming noble has a nice ending.

I have like...ten pages of saves. I have done pretty much everything. Congrats Hanako! I literally had Hakuoki, a Japanese Otome game that has just been licensed, sitting by my bed and I didn't want to find the cord to charge it when I had this to play XD

I have to say, I'm going to buy it when it comes out. Solely to see all the pretty art. Seriously, this game is fabulously well drawn. It's really the best drawn Hanako Games video game I've played. I seriously enjoyed sitting around and getting the pretty outfits....When the game is released I'm totally going to screenshot it. It's one of those games I enjoy, but I don't see there being much fandom for it from me. I think the weakest part of the game is after doing so many things and having so many endings I feel that I both cannot place myself as Elodie or give Elodie a personality in my own view. Because of this the game can only exist as it is to me, because the game is about making Elodie successful as a person in so many different ways. You did a wonderful job with it, but that's probably going to be it's biggest downfall. It's the most different from your other games and yet I feel that identity might give you the most to say about it. It's like a much more enjoyable Spirited Heart. Good job!

Now excuse me while I make monocle jokes! Hur hur

I've been here so long even Hanako is sick of me

hanako
Site Admin

#21 Post by hanako » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:16 am

To give you some idea of whether you've actually done everything, this is what's coming up soon for the event checklist.

been crowned Queen?
transformed into a Lumen?
found a spare Lumen crystal? (You can actually find THREE during the game!)
spoken to Adair's father at the gala? (Actual conversation, not just dancing)
faced a vote of no-confidence?
challenged someone to a duel?
been challenged to a duel?
been sent flowers by a woman?
faced a civil war?
encountered a tentacle monster?
discovered a terrible family secret? (This has to do with Kevan.)
hired a spy?
hired a Lumen Minister?
achieved a naval victory?
sunk a fleet with magic?
broken off an engagement?
forced someone else to get married?
saved the day with the power of music?
made a foreign duke your subject?
become an evil minion?

(That still doesn't cover everything by a long shot, but it should give people some ideas of stuff to search for)

hanako
Site Admin

#22 Post by hanako » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:25 am

2 screens for computer code come up. first one with a small amount of writing, then the security thing on my computer to allow the download,
Argh, some sort of security problem is blocking it from replacing the program, I expect. (Let me guess, you're running Vista or 7?) Spiky will have to poke it with a stick.

Do you have Magical Diary, and does _it_ let you upgrade properly? If MD works and this doesn't we can look at what's different in the code.

If worst comes to worst you can always get a new full download later when the game is completish.

Spiky Caterpillar

#23 Post by Spiky Caterpillar » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:52 am

flwriter124 wrote:2 screens for computer code come up. first one with a small amount of writing, then the security thing on my computer to allow the download, then another with a small paragraph of code that quickly disapears then the game loads. when i look at the preferences it says the version is 0.5.25 and has never been updated.
I've got a candidate fix - if you download http://spikycaterpillar.com/long_live_t ... _admin.bat and replace your existing updater_admin.bat (it will be in the game folder inside the folder where you installed Long Live The Queen), you should be able to update to 0.5.29.

(Do NOT update to anything before 0.5.29, or it will reset your updater_admin to the old broken version.)

Naiomi666

yay

#24 Post by Naiomi666 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:00 am

I love this game> I find it hilarious that when I was trying to win this game and become a good ruler I had a couldn't win. But when i played a magic hated, ruthless bitch I owned that play-through.

Also will there be faces for the different men because I can't tell them apart and I don't know who's who. Minor issue though.

hanako
Site Admin

#25 Post by hanako » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:43 pm

Most characters you can talk to will have faces coming. (People who just have titles like 'Maid' won't.)

Oki

#26 Post by Oki » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:01 pm

hanako wrote:
2 screens for computer code come up. first one with a small amount of writing, then the security thing on my computer to allow the download,
Argh, some sort of security problem is blocking it from replacing the program, I expect. (Let me guess, you're running Vista or 7?) Spiky will have to poke it with a stick.

Do you have Magical Diary, and does _it_ let you upgrade properly? If MD works and this doesn't we can look at what's different in the code.

If worst comes to worst you can always get a new full download later when the game is completish.
I was having the same error, and yes, MD does let me do it correctly. But SC's fix worked for me!
I've been here so long even Hanako is sick of me

Aletea

#27 Post by Aletea » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:24 pm

Something else I noticed: I failed to repel the other Lumen militarily, and Elodie's father died. However, in the epilogue, it said something about Elodie's victory over them - is that stat related, maybe? I did keep raising military stats up until the last day.

hanako
Site Admin

#28 Post by hanako » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:40 pm

mmm, do you know what it said exactly?

Since the invaders still leave after killing your father, provided you survive the composure check, it might have been vague. If your father dies you should get some text about Togami's plans for Borealis in the epilogue.

Alternately, if you drove back the Duke of Sedna's little incursion but not the big Shanjia invasion that killed your father you could still get epilogue notes about a victory, it would just be a different one.

We'll check it, I'm just trying to see if what you saw was actually something else. Which is one of the reasons we need to get a log button for the end of the epilogue working, so I can see what you see. :)

Aletea

#29 Post by Aletea » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:55 pm

Luckily, I had a save file right near it. It talks about Elodie's victory over the Shanjian king raising public opinion of Lumen's, kids playing at being magical, etc. The next paragraph below that talks about Julianna and Selene making an announcment (with encouragement from Elodie), which also didn't really make sense, because in this run-through I was playing an Elodie who imprisoned Julianna until she disappeared from the dungeons; she certainly wouldn't have been encouraging her to do anything.

I do get the text about the Togami's plans, but that's on a later page.

Aletea

#30 Post by Aletea » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:04 pm

Oh, and something else I just realized - someone else mentioned that the aunt's plot never seemed to resolve in the epilogue, with the last heard of it being the spy going to check things out. I've also had that problem, as I've had two run-throughs where I had the spy go to check it out, but nothing at all shows up about it in either the last few days or the epilogue.

Edit: I could give you the log from day 39, if nothing else. When looking back over the log, I noticed that while on day 34 Elodie is informed of the plot, she apparently has completely forgotten it when her aunt shows up on day 38 after her father's death, with just an acceptance of her aunt's guidance. Perhaps that's tied into this particular problem?