Sequel Talk - Magical Diary Wolf Hall

Male protagonist, in the Hall for bold and athletic boys.
kallygirll

#121 Post by kallygirll » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:44 am

Oh please please please make this game!!!! Magical Diary has been one of the best games I've played! I wouldn't care what romances I'd be able to get, I'd just want to play :P

Pixelen

#122 Post by Pixelen » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:46 pm

Is there any more of a definite date for this game's release? I'm eagerly waiting for it! :D

hanako
Site Admin

#123 Post by hanako » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:55 pm

It's kinda hard to have a date for its release when it literally has not been *started* due to the art problem. :)

There is nothing in existence but a pile of design notes.

When and if it finally is actually able to begin production, I will post about it. If it goes like the first game, it will likely take about a year from that point. Might be more, might be less. There's really no way to know until it's actually being worked on.

marilhama16

#124 Post by marilhama16 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:06 pm

I guess we are all very excited for this game :D.

marilhama16

#125 Post by marilhama16 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:55 pm

I've been going through the forum and I've just realized I didn't make a proper ''wishlist'' as some other girls. Well, now it's time then... :D

1.First of all: WILLIAM! I simply loved him in Horse Hall and at first I was really upset that I couldn't date him, but I definitely think a boy would suit him more than a girl, so I guess the PC boy in Wolf Hall is the perfect match for him!
2.And this one is just as important as the first one. I know that some of the girls are complaining about playing with a boy character and are wanting the PC to be like a girly boy. Well, I don't think that, I for once I'm excited about being a boy in the game you know, I would really want the PC to be seme, man, c'mon he is a wolf! He's suppose to be a boy, be manly, be like all the other boys who likes video-games, soccer and stuff (except that the PC is a wizard, oh boy..) I'm not sure if you guys get it but that's pretty much how I see the character, I see him a bit like Donald and Luke.
3.Since Damien and Minnie are for sure in the game and I really hope William will made it that leaves us more two characters! And I would like the other girl to be Pastel! I don't think Hanako will put her as a datable character on this one since the game already have a butterfly girl as a datable character. And I would like to date Luke as well :D. Seriously I loved that guy and since he is a Wolf he is the perfect match for the character!
4.Now the things that I don't want to see in the game: Manuel, Big Steve, Suki, Raven, Balthazar, Jacob, Kyo, Potsdam, Barbara or any Snakes and Toads as datable characters, not in this game at least. But besides William, Damien and Minnie if Hanako create new characters for us to date I won't mind (or she can use some of the girls that were mentioned but not appeared in the game like Liz and Anisha but not Barbara seriously) but since most of the players are girls I think it would be more likely to have 3 boys and 2 girls.
And about Potsdam at first I was excited about dating her but then I don't know, it didn't felt right you know? To me Potsdam is like Dumbledore and the PC is Harry, so could you imagine Dumbledore and Harry as a couple? Sorry I can't.
5.And also I would like to win the election for president and join the chorale and/or the drama club.

Rozelliee

#126 Post by Rozelliee » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:23 pm

hanako wrote:There is nothing in existence but a pile of design notes.
Oooh, can we get a peek at those design notes?

*hint hint* *wink wink*
marilhama16 wrote: 5.And also I would like to win the election for president and join the chorale and/or the drama club.
I remember Hanako saying some time that there was a plan for the Wolf Hall PC being Minnie's rival and possibly being able to win the election.

Correct me if I'm wrong?

Oki

#127 Post by Oki » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:13 am

I can't stop formulating crack theories about the existence of both MCs and Damien, cool william bff stuff...Minnie dating. My brain. Taken over by magical diary. I wasn't too big on the boy thing but now I want it. A lot. Darn you Hanako Games just TAKE. MY. MONEY!

Jenkouken

#128 Post by Jenkouken » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:09 am

Can't wait for the sequel ^_^
I think it will be awesome to view the universe through a different looking glass!
Things I want to see/Looking forward to:
1. Dateable William (yay!)
2. More Ellen? I think she would be neat from a male perspective! Even if it's just as a consistent side character.
3. Bummed that Damien is coming back but there is not Grabiner story (but it's just as well, I would feel a little sad to see Grabby with someone other than my Shar MC).

Grabiner >>>> Damien =p

I'm just dying to see how the Grabiner storyline pans out. The ending felt like the beginning! I'm going to cross my fingers really hard for a continuation of Horse Hall into future year(s) - or just a Grabiner story continuation! Like everyone else, I'm just dying to see how all those different Sues turn out ^_^ (photo gallery is a nice touch, each Sue was different, and you can see which was which when you look back thru the gallery).

marilhama16

#129 Post by marilhama16 » Tue May 01, 2012 9:11 pm

The waiting for this game is killing me. I can't wait for it to come out!

EiriYukiLover

#130 Post by EiriYukiLover » Thu May 24, 2012 3:42 am

Jenkouken wrote: I'm just dying to see how the Grabiner storyline pans out. The ending felt like the beginning! I'm going to cross my fingers really hard for a continuation of Horse Hall into future year(s) - or just a Grabiner story continuation! Like everyone else, I'm just dying to see how all those different Sues turn out ^_^ (photo gallery is a nice touch, each Sue was different, and you can see which was which when you look back thru the gallery).
Ya I actually messaged them about that!!!!! Probably shouldn't have now that I think about it but I mesaged them:

"Well I know that the Grabiner ending seems to be popular because of the poll. That was certainly my favorite and one of the reasons I was reallly really hoping you came out with more. I came by that ending on accident my first time through and I immediately was in love. So if you made even a fan short of that or oh oh!!!! You should make an epilogue with him. Since he's a noble, having the main character adjusting to the life of a wizard despite her wildseed background and the obstacles she has to go through just to stay by his side. Shoot you could even throw Damien in there for his revenge time for leading him on and then marrying someone else. I would personally pay at least $50 for that epilogue, no joke. I plan on getting Date Warp soon too but Magical Diary continuing in some form is more appealling to me. Anyway please think about it! I'd love you if you did! "

Flared

#131 Post by Flared » Sat May 26, 2012 10:36 pm

Oh my, i just played Horse Hall and i'd LOVE to see a sequel!
Please make one, i know i'd buy it in a heartbeat!

Coga

#132 Post by Coga » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:51 am

Someone in the MD forum suggested Kickstarter- I don't know, maybe it could help? I'd definitely plonk in a tenner or two.

RyanA

#133 Post by RyanA » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:43 pm

First one was great, know this one will be greater too! Mainly because I don't have to wear girls clothes this time round, like some kind of 1/2 Prince D:

wildwizz

#134 Post by wildwizz » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:18 pm

I think that it would be better for the next year. Also i think it would be good to have some new charicters introduced. It would mean more romance and friendship options. It would be realy good if you could duel other charicters. But i think a romance with potsdam is to much, mabey a friendship plot?

Anondyne

#135 Post by Anondyne » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:22 am

I think Potsdam should not be a romanceable character. Not because of her age, since we know wizards can live for centuries with some green magic thrown in. What's a few decades of age difference in that life span?

I just think that Potsdam is the ultimate badass though, and part of that reason is the mystery of her. All the scenes that you can get for her in MD:HH, it's quite clear that she is playing a game of her own.

For her to be approachable in a romance, she'd have to have a flaw, something that makes her vulnerable. I don't want that for her, I like her much better as the slightly batty, crafty old lady who isn't afraid to kick ass and take names when it's needed. I think all the Mary and Gary Sues to come need their Dumbledore to be nigh invincible, at least for their first year.