Yo-Jin-Bo: The Bodyguards?

For discussion of games by other creators such as Aveyond and Spirited Heart.
hanako
Site Admin

#31 Post by hanako » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:29 am

Do you like games that are cracking dumb jokes practically every other line? :)

Muse

#32 Post by Muse » Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:06 am

I actually loved the humor in this one. XD The dumb jokes were always supposed to be dumb, and I felt that made it fun.

hanako
Site Admin

#33 Post by hanako » Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:34 am

I'm not actually objecting to it, just pointing out that it's one of the defining features of this game compared to anything else otome you're easily going to find. It's SILLY. So how you feel about silly will likely have an impact on whether it's a good game for you. There are pretty boys, there's long gameplay, there's a number of endings, and there are jokes.

Muse

#34 Post by Muse » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:48 am

hanako wrote:I'm not actually objecting to it, just pointing out that it's one of the defining features of this game compared to anything else otome you're easily going to find. It's SILLY. So how you feel about silly will likely have an impact on whether it's a good game for you. There are pretty boys, there's long gameplay, there's a number of endings, and there are jokes.
Oh totally. I wasn't meaning to make it sound like you were, my apologies. People DO definitely love or hate this game though. I've never seen any middle ground.

Also just for the record, apparently the Japanese version, while not totally adult, is a lot more risque than the US one. (No huge surprise there though.)

Benazir

#35 Post by Benazir » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:03 am

I liked storyline in this game ... and Tsukuba Muneshige. :)
But other bodyguards irritated me with their silly jokes and empty chatter. For this reason, I didn't want to play the game more than once.

lunanight

#36 Post by lunanight » Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:53 am

I dont think I have played such a game before. :(

Muse

#37 Post by Muse » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:51 am

lunanight wrote:I dont think I have played such a game before. :(
The game is called "Yo-Jin-Bo: The Bodyguards" and as far as I know is only available through Jbox as a download anymore

lunanight

#38 Post by lunanight » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:17 am

I hesitated to buy this game, I thought I wasnt gonna like it, but I'm glad I bought it!! :D I simply loved it! I'm just missing jin's ending. about to play him.

Bloomfree

Solution To The PC Game Save Problem

#39 Post by Bloomfree » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:13 pm

I had the same awful problem of not being able to save my PC game .

First solution to the save game problem is to
Keep the game cd in the cd drive or
If you have a image then the image should be mounted in your Daemon tools or Imgburn or whichever Cd mounting program you use.

Second Solution to the save game problem is to
Backup (i.e: Copy the folder to a different safe place for example: My Document folder) the Save folder which is in the following address:

(For Windows Xp) C:\Documents and Settings\#####\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\localhost\.

'localhost' is the folder with the saves of the game.
Copy this folder to a different folder to back it up.
Replace it when ever you start playing the game again.

Hoping this will solve the save game problem,allow everyone to see the endings with all the cute guys and the Club Yo Jin Bo Extra!!!
:D

Harumi261

#40 Post by Harumi261 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:32 pm

Oh man! this is definitely my favourite otome game! I've never come accross such humorous game before... and it also has good graphics and seiyus!! :o
i wish they had more games like that translated TT__TT

I also finished all the endings and right now i'm addicted to the OSTs
(they are indeed awesome!) but still i want more!!! Dx

I heard that the ps2 version has more endings and has a little bit different story in which you can end up with the enemies

you can get Harumoto and Kasumimaru.... and.... HAREM! :D

I'm kinda hesitating right now... should i buy the ps2 version or not? :?: :?:

Yumeshojo

#41 Post by Yumeshojo » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:38 am

Harumi261: I wish sooooooo bad I could have the ps2 version, but my Japanese is preschool at best and I have no Japanese ps2 *sigh* I'd LOVE the chance to romance Kasumimaru and Harumoto... If you do buy this game (and you can read Japanese and have a JP ps2) I'd be eternally grateful for some screenshots, translations, or even simple plot summaries from these two guys routes!

That being said, I obviously adored this game. It was the first commercial otome game I ever bought, and I still reply it from time to time. I find myself laughing at all the stupid jokes all over again, and I get all mushy for my favorite guys' endings (Ittosai, Muneshige, Mon-Mon). If the corny humor is something you like, I highly recommend it!