Unanswered Questions

Female protagonist, in the hall for adventurous girls.
Yumeshojo

Unasnwered Questions

#1 Post by Yumeshojo » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:48 pm

Just some random things that I wanted to know when I was thinking about my fic. If anyone has any answers, I'd appreciate it. My curiousity is never ending :)

1) The magical community. What's the government like? How big is the magical population as compared to regular people? Nobility was mentioned - why are certain families considered "noble"? What do they do? If Sue marries Grabiner, is her position a big deal? Would their relationship and her position be considered "scandalous"?

2) The blond kid in green magic class. Who is he? (or is this a spoiler for later games?)

3) Roommates. Do the game creators already have who is roommates with who decided, or will that be something decided if other games are made? I was trying to figure out who was roommates with who, but besides Minnie and Pastel, I couldn't figure out anyone else. I was thinking Suki and Raven, and Steve and Balthasar, but that's only because they are in the same house and same year. Who would be, say, Manuel's roommate? Does anyone else have three to a room like Sue?

4) Clubs. Was Suki a part of the drama club (because she was on screen with Raven when it was discussed) or the "save the dragons" club (because they was mentioned while she was on screen as well)?

5) Damien's path. If you don't pursue Damien and he is expelled for attacking a Freshman boy, did the game creators have anyone in particular in mind, or is that forever up to our imaginations?

I think that's it. Lol I'm too curious for my own good. I was just working on my fanfiction, and wanted to know if I could get any answers or if I'd just have to make stuff up (which is fine, since it is a fanfic). Anyway, any help, again, is appreciated :)

hanako
Site Admin

#2 Post by hanako » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:19 pm

The blond boy in Green Magic class is a character whose name I changed about ten times during development trying to get it right, and although I think have finally settled on one, I decided not to mention it just in case!

If you really want to know, his name is Taranis. Unless I change it again.

He's not going to be a major character for a long time (currently planned as a dating prospect for Falcon/Snake characters). Until then, about all you know is that he acts mean/rude to everybody and keeps to himself as much as possible.
Do the game creators already have who is roommates with who decided, or will that be something decided if other games are made?
It's stated in the first game that Luke and Donald share a room, as do Logan and Jacob. That doesn't mean it can't be changed depending on where the PC is placed to shake things up.
Was Suki a part of the drama club (because she was on screen with Raven when it was discussed) or the "save the dragons" club (because they was mentioned while she was on screen as well)?
Suki was attempting to recruit people to save the dragons.
Last edited by hanako on Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yumeshojo

#3 Post by Yumeshojo » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:52 pm

Thanks a lot :) A few questions answered! I forgot about those others being roommates lol. I figured Suki would be the one doing the dragon thing, after what happened with the Hodag. Thanks for the info! But what about the government/nobility stuff? Any word? (I feel like a reporter heh heh)

hanako
Site Admin

#4 Post by hanako » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:31 pm

If it wasn't explained in the first game, you'll just have to wait... :)

Yumeshojo

#5 Post by Yumeshojo » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:08 am

Aw, sadness. You're just trying to hook me so I'll buy any new games that come out *shifty eyes* Well, thanks for the rest then. So much speculation now...To the fic!

Ladygothika87

#6 Post by Ladygothika87 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:32 am

I like that name Hanako :D I hope you keep it. And I have to say thanks to Yumeshojo for asking those questions and opening this thread. I figured since something like this was already here I would ask on this thread instead of opening another... So, no technology right? How would a parent -mainly thinking wildseed but really either- get a hold of the school in case of an emergency? You know I would call but if they can't use technology I would assume phones would be out of the question? My question is for my fan fic too and I'd rather be as accurate as possible when it comes to this world. Would they have to write a letter? Come to the school? My question is if they couldn't come to the school what would they do?

Yumeshojo

#7 Post by Yumeshojo » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:25 pm

Huh, hadn't thought of that. But yeah, now that you've mentioned it, is the school charmed (kinda like Hogwarts in Harry Potter) so that parents don't come near when they drop off their kids? If an emergency happens, are parents brought to the school, or how would parents contact the school if the other way around? I'm kinda repeating Ladygothika's question, so I'll shut up about that.

I just had one more question - about birthdays. No one's birthday except Donald's is ever mentioned in game. Shouldn't birthday's be a bit bigger of a deal? It would be nice to have more birthday events, kinda like Donald's or how Valentine's went, with sending people a present. Ah, that sounded more like a suggestion, so I'm getting off my original question. Do all the characters (or at least the main ones in horse hall) have set birthdays? If so, can we know when they are?

hanako
Site Admin

#8 Post by hanako » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:39 pm

As usual - I'm generally not answering questions other than to clarify things that were already explained/hinted at. You'll have to speculate amongst yourselves and come up with ideas until further games come out. :)

You certainly did not see anyone receive any phone calls, nor did you see any parents arriving at the school.
No one's birthday except Donald's is ever mentioned in game.
Not true, actually - at least one other birthday is announced in the game. (Two if you count Jenny.)

Also, while it's not explicitly mentioned in the game, Virginia's birthday is clearly not during the school year. She's the same grade level as Donald, but he's older, and he's not born until the end of October - logically, it would be very difficult for her birthday to fall before May 1st.

However, there are apparently no big birthday parties being held by anyone. Draw from that what you will.

Yumeshojo

#9 Post by Yumeshojo » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:35 pm

I see...let the speculation commence, then! *mwahahahahaha* Thanks for all the help, Hanako!

ElCantardelaLunaOscura

I wanted to ask...

#10 Post by ElCantardelaLunaOscura » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:47 am

and I hope it isn't repeated.

-How old are Grabbiner and Postdam?

-What's Damien's age?

-What did Damien mean by demon's weaknesses?

Thanks if you answer.
"Y a pesar de que no estás, te llevo cosida a mi piel.
Tu recuerdo se ha instalado en mi a vivir.
Y aunque nunca volverás, busco en el trastero de mi
ese beso abandonado que nunca te di."

hanako
Site Admin

#11 Post by hanako » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:36 pm

Damien is a senior, so he starts the game at age 19.

The rest, well, see above and speculate. :)

DarthSnuggles

#12 Post by DarthSnuggles » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:25 pm

I am strangely excited to learn Blonde Boy's name. I like it a lot, too. I was pretty intrigued by him when he first popped up, and disappointed that we never really saw him again. Can't wait to learn more about him.

I'm also kind of glad that the age thing was cleared up, since it confused me a bit during my first playthrough, especially with Donald and Virginia (although that made more sense when I actually paid attention to the conversation with William and realized that Virgina was born premature).

I guess, since Mary Sue starts school at age 16 (and, presumably, so do all magical kids), the average age of graduation would be 19/20, depending on when your birthday falls? A bit later than normal high school, but not unreasonably so. (And would make sense in terms of some of the more, uh, mature things the students are implied to get up to. Marriage, for instance.)

Honestly, given some of the stuff that Professor Potsdam pulls (and some of the dialogue you can have with her, Minnie, and Damien) I kind of doubt that the parents of a wildseed student would even be notified if something happened to their kid. The "Walking in Darkness" ending is a good example, not to mention all the little hints and references to non-magical parents being encouraged to forget about their wildseed children. I didn't really get the impression that the magical world valued family as much as conformity.

...The more thought I put into this game, hanako, the darker and more sinister some aspects of it become. Was that intentional, or am I just over-analyzing things?

hanako
Site Admin

#13 Post by hanako » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:45 pm

*whistles innocently*

Yumeshojo

#14 Post by Yumeshojo » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:35 am

This thread is becoming much more informative than I had intended, and in much different ways :D

junsei7

#15 Post by junsei7 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:14 pm

This is why I love this game so very much - there's so much to think about after the game! There's such a rich world both revealed and hinted at, that lots of interesting questions get thrown up which you feel have a thought out answer that we'll get to eventually as more games come out. And the undercurrent of darkness through it makes the world that much more real and tangible - proper boundaries and consequences are sadly overlooked sometimes in fantasy games.