Big Steve (Spoilers)

Female protagonist, in the hall for adventurous girls.
hanako
Site Admin

Big Steve (Spoilers)

#1 Post by hanako » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:39 am

Sales have been going well enough that I am considering adding the option of going to the final dance with Big Steve.

So, fangirls - what exactly do you want to have happen with him? (I'm not saying I'm going to do whatever you say, just looking to see if there's a common fantasy here to play with. :) )

perch

#2 Post by perch » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:57 am

SQQQQQQQUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Ahem. I know it's just being considered, but I had to get that out there.

Ultimately I think in my head canon I pictured my Sue finding Big Steve before the dance and then doing something cutesy like asking Mr. Hoppity and friend to be her date. Or Big Steve asking her out through Mr. Hoppity since he's done a lot of the approaching (though it'd be cool if Sue took charge at the end and went to him to show that she likes him, not just that he's only pursuing her).

Otherwise, I'd be really sweet/nice if Big Steve could get up the nerve to talk to MS without the aid of Mr. Hoppity or even starting to talk through Hoppity and then being gently brought into conversation on his own.

Mostly Steve doesn't even need to be romantic towards my Sue per se, I just love that she was kind to him and he reached out to her. Even just being friends or getting something adorable like asking if she'll come see him at a Bounders tryout or asking if they could write one another would be awesome.

FantasyFan

#3 Post by FantasyFan » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:19 pm

Involve Mr. Hoppity, definitely. I like the idea of him asking you out through Mr. Hoppity. Since you start out talking at the arcade, maybe have more meetings after he gets Mr. Hoppity. Like he could help you get better at pinball or something, or maybe you and he could play some of the ticket-spitting games and he could buy you a prize with tickets or something.

Also, maybe if you have a date before the dance, he could maybe explain why Mr. Hoppity was a special gift, maybe some secret that has to do with that.

Oh, and maybe you could show the scene where he demands that you get him coffee and maybe how you react to the order could gain (or lose) points with him.

And the dance picture in the gallery should definitely show Big Steave holding Mr. Hoppity.

Darinenelle

!

#4 Post by Darinenelle » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:43 pm

Yay another option!

I just wish it was William instead.

hanako
Site Admin

#5 Post by hanako » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:49 pm

William is intended to have full paths in later games; this is *not* a full path, just an update patch with some bonus content. Maybe. If the artist is up for it. We'll see.

junsei7

#6 Post by junsei7 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:24 am

As always @perch says what's in my head. :) I especially like the idea of Mr Hoppity asking you to the ball and then slowly Sue draws Big Steve to talk for himself. I do think Mr Hoppity would have to play some part because he's such a key part of their relationship. They're such a cute combo it would be really lovely to have them as an option.

skuzzbopper

#7 Post by skuzzbopper » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:56 pm

AWE! I, personally, would so love that.

First of all, more romance options are always good. And I really do like Big Steve. He's adorable.

So, like many of the other posters, I do think Mr. Hoppity should be involved somehow. I like the idea of having him finally forgo the use of Mr. Hoppity, and talk to my Sue without it. That would be squeeworthy.

Vanille

#8 Post by Vanille » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:55 am

Omigosh! Im so happy XD

But It's like almost 5 am here and Im falling asleep @,@ So I can't think of any ideas

madeofwhin

#9 Post by madeofwhin » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:19 pm

EEEEEEEE! Yes please!

FantasyFan

#10 Post by FantasyFan » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:51 am

BTW, sorry if this sounds naggy, but perhaps in addition to Big Steve, you could at the option to go to the dance with Pastel? Cause, you know, you can already kiss her and all.

hanako
Site Admin

#11 Post by hanako » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:52 am

Pastel has way too much storyline behind her to dump a quick explanation that would spoil her future path in a little dance scene here. :)

FantasyFan

#12 Post by FantasyFan » Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:42 am

Ah, I guess we'll have to wait on that. :)

two_powers

#13 Post by two_powers » Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:07 am

I'd love to see more with big stever for sure! As for thing I'd love to see happen there:

-- Steve asking the heroine out through Mr Hoppity (as more of a spend-time-together-date then a date-date, since it is Mr Hoppity asking you out) would be adorable. Or maybe having him say 'Mr Hoppity really likes you' but mean 'I really like you', with the heroine realizing that/having some-third party tell her that later.

-- Going off the the idea of showing the coffee scene (which would be cool to see)... I'd actually love to see that even more if it's on the path where the heroine doesn't take Damian’s hand (aside from the fact it would be cramped in around too much on the path where she does, the no-initiation path feels like it needs something special in it to make it worth taking). The heroine already earns weird points there (toad + weird just works)... and Steve would be adorably fail for asking (with her having to tell him she's not participating in Initiation).Ah, but it would be really cute if, after all that, she still got him the coffee anyway!! (^w^)

-- I'd love to have the heroine put two and two together between the sports club wanting to introduce magic to sports, and Big Steve's 'Bounders Practice'... and somehow convincing him to join up!
(Opening the possibility for Big Steve pulling her out of the way of a bit of stray magic during a game/practice during some of he club's more fail sports/magic experiments and making a thoroughly awkward/adorable moment of it!!)

-- Adding the option for the heroine 'play along' and thank Mr Hoppity for his gift might also be a nice add-in... followed sometime later by the heroine realizing/acknowledging the fact that Steve is very socially awkward, and the Mr Hoppity development is actually a good (if weird) social devolopment for him.

--Finally I'd love to learn a little bit more about Balthasar through Steve's path, as the two would be dorm-mates (year & house-wise). Maybe have Balthasar play the role of a very weird match-maker between the Heroine and Steve? (Balthasar is part of the sports club too after all ;)

Spazzbunny

#14 Post by Spazzbunny » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:50 am

See, since I'm holding onto the hope that, in one game, Big Steve will have his own path, I think I'd rather this be a simple, friendship ending rather than a last minute romance. ^^ I do like the idea of Mr. Hoppity being involved, simply because he's been the source of all of the new interactions, though. Well, I'm sure that whatever we get will be wonderful. Thank you for considering adding him in!

cuddlyEmo

#15 Post by cuddlyEmo » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:03 pm

I absolutely ADORED Big Steve in the game, and like some of the others, I believe that he should ask MS to the ball through his cute lil bunny of his ;)
In addition, I'd suggest this only happens if:
-(of course) you unlock him for later events in the game arcade
-you don't have a date for the May Ball
-you aren't married to Grabby
-you kissed the bunny on it's nose when he asked you to (in the special event)

It would also be nice to see the "event" where he demands coffee from MS in the intiation week.
Maybe also a few additional events where you meet him in the hallway, library, etc. (to show the evolving friendship, choices to those appreciated)

By the way, I love the way he goes all weird after receiving the bunny ;)

Your cuddly emo!