Mac (Minor) Bug?

A visual novel in which a first date goes terribly wrong, leading to a mystery which must be solved before you vanish forever...
Muse

Mac (Minor) Bug?

#1 Postby Muse » Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:12 am

Hello,

I figured I'd share that I believe I found a minor bug on the mac version, and I was wondering if anyone else ran into this.

Occasionally (the mac version of) Date Warp won't close when I hit quit from the main menu; it essentially freezes entirely until I have to Force Quit on it.

I'm not sure what triggers this to be honest; it seems to happen after I have been playing for a long session, though.

Hope this helps? Just figured I'd share this little tidbit; the saves and everything else acts fine however, so it's not a big deal really. Great game! :mrgreen:

Spiky Caterpillar

#2 Postby Spiky Caterpillar » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:30 pm

Hm. Is it dropping a traceback.txt file anywhere? (Possibly inside DateWarp.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/game/) What version of MacOS are you running, on what processor? Is this the demo or the full build?

Muse

#3 Postby Muse » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:06 pm

There is no traceback file that I have found, in that location or by using the search function. I'm on Mac OS X Version 10.6.3. 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor. This is the full game. As I said the game runs fine, just occasionally from the main menu instead of shutting down it freezes.

Now that I think on it, does it sound like this could be a graphics card problem? This is an older laptop with an older card, and since this happens when the game has been running a while, perhaps it is merely a card conflict? My graphics card is an ATI Radeon X1600.

Sorry for the trouble and thank you for the help!

Return to “Date Warp”