Exam 5 Tips and Tricks

Male protagonist, in the Hall for bold and athletic boys.
hanako
Site Admin

Exam 5 Tips and Tricks

#1 Post by hanako » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:40 pm

Use this thread to post solutions, secrets, and other items of interest you've found in the fifth exam. Or, if you're stuck, post your list of spells and ask for advice.

Please do not post bugs here, those go in the main development thread!

This exam features lava and a portal.

Airy_sama

Re: Exam 5 Tips and Tricks

#2 Post by Airy_sama » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:46 pm

I used a mostly white build to some success. You can use communication to speak with the guardian, and he'll give you some info then it's all about getting over there. Which I think is best done with some combination of red, green, or blue. By the way I haven't gotten a black build far enough, but Could you use stone shape on the lava? I mean it is molten rock. By the way unrelated, but If a stuffed animal based on the guardian was ever made I'd buy like 20 e is so cute.

manfromba

#3 Post by manfromba » Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:24 am

Can this one be solved by a character will full White and Black magic but no other spells?

motmetod

#4 Post by motmetod » Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:03 am

Sure, Communication + Seal. For pure black you can get away with just Seal + Inspect (and similarly Freeze + Inspect for a red mage) but you won't get credit for not turning the guardian hostile. I don't recall if there's any merits tied to that.

Cautious91

#5 Post by Cautious91 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:51 pm

What was that about a Guardian's hostility? :?:
Here's what I have:
Not absolutely necessary, but helpful: White (Communication)
Probably necessary: befriending the Guardian(not sure, never went through without doing it) and disabling the trap. Inspect or advice from the Guardian needed for it.
Crossing the lava: Blue (Teleport Self), High Red (Freeze lava), Good Red-Green (Long jump), Moderate Green (Boost strength and Heal, applied in a timely fashion).
So far, I haven't been able to do anything with just White, and never tried Black.

hanako
Site Admin

#6 Post by hanako » Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:51 pm

Anyone who knows how to disable the trap will generally prefer to do it that way because it's cheaper, but it is also possible to move the pedestal out from under the shaft so that the trap can't hit you.

MillaMaxwell

#7 Post by MillaMaxwell » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:12 pm

I was able to get around the trap by using Televoke to set it off while staying safe myself.