Magical Diary: Wolf Hall (Early development thread)

Male protagonist, in the Hall for bold and athletic boys.
Gamer

Re: Magical Diary: Wolf Hall

#31 Post by Gamer » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:58 pm

When can we play the beta version for Wolf Hall? I really liked Horse Hall! Speaking of Horse Hall-I hope you have another summer madness type sale because I would like to play the updated version. (I wasn't the one who bought the game originally.)

Have you ever thought about creating a game that covers all 4 years they're in school? That would probably be a hefty project but it would be interesting to think about how all your previous choices follow you throughout school.

Foelhe

#32 Post by Foelhe » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:38 pm

Beta version won't be coming for awhile, probably. Wolf Hall is still pretty early in development. And playing to graduation is probably not gonna happen. We might need an FAQ.

blushofspring

#33 Post by blushofspring » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:02 am

I'm super sad that a Horse Hall sequel still hasn't materialized over six years later... I'd totally buy it, you know. Horse Hall is by far my favourite game by you, and one of the best visual novels I have ever played, and never get bored of replaying. Do you accept donations? Please, take my money. You deserve it.

Will Pastel be a romance option??

Gamer

#34 Post by Gamer » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:38 pm

Hanako, are you going to have another Summer Madness-type sale? I'm bored and I feel like playing this game again but with the Big Steve path (which is only available in the updated version). Do let me know how Wolf Hall is progressing!

hanako
Site Admin

#35 Post by hanako » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:43 am

The last 'madness' type sale was several years ago. It will probably be several more years before there is any chance of such a sale happening again. Sorry, but that's why these things are advertised as special events!

Individual games do sometimes go on sale, both here and on Steam, but I can't tell you when that would be in advance. For one thing, I don't know. I don't have plans. I usually have some kind of discount for the holidays but exactly when and how much and for how long, I only make up when it happens. Sometimes I forget all about the holidays and the sales are really late. The only way to know is to subscribe to the reminders and find out when they happen.

Gamer

#36 Post by Gamer » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:56 am

Wasn't there a summer madness sale this summer? In any case, I'm hoping the beta version of Wolf Hall will be out sometime soon! Though I probably shouldn't get my hopes up there either.

hanako
Site Admin

#37 Post by hanako » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:52 pm

The last one before this one, was my point. It's not something that happens often.

H

#38 Post by H » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:33 am

All I really want for Wolf Hall is a romance with William.

He was my favourite guy in the first game, particularly because he wasn't romanceable. He was just so nice, and I just loved his story and how he ended up in Wolf Hall. Any other writer would have done things differently, and it was a genuine surprise, and a wonderful one, that is one of my favourite storytelling moments ever when he revealed the truth behind his issues with Damien.

Gamer

#39 Post by Gamer » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:35 pm

I don't need to romance William. I want an option for William and Damien to get back together (because I like ill-advised romances)!

H

#40 Post by H » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:16 am

Oh no! Definitely not that. That was one of the things I disliked about Magical Diary, that there was only one actual valid male romance option. I really disliked the other two, and they had creepy power dynamics. Grabiner's your teacher, and Damion's a creep. I actually did like that everyone is warning you against Damion throughout, and if you don't listen to them, well they're proven right. I thought interesting story, but he is horrid. I'd rather not have another Damion romance, I feel like been there, done that, let's try something new. I'm sure it'll end up being interesting anyway though, and hopefully different.

I did like the women and found those relationships far more pleasing.

William was sweet though, and kind, and nice, and all the moreso because he completely refused to date Mary Sue. I really liked him. And I loved how any other story William's hatred of Damion would have related to how Damion hurt either his girlfriend, or his sister, or some female relative/friend who couldn't stand up for herself, and that William punched him in a show of male bravado for that. And that didn't end up being the case, and that it was very personal.

hanako
Site Admin

#41 Post by hanako » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:42 pm

Still have to be super-careful how much I say so as not to ruin any of the surprises, but one feature we've added this time around is a system that takes a little bit of inspiration from Long Live The Queen. No, not dying all the time! But a way of occasionally showing the player how their stats and previous choices are affecting the way the story goes.

NelinaC

#42 Post by NelinaC » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:15 pm

OMG That screenshot looks very nice and cool!
It seems that the whole school looks different too. And getting missions in the night (the sky looks like it's late night or extreme early morning?)
But couldn't you see your stats in Horse hall? Because I thought that they where visible on the left side, right?
I still love it though <3

Franka

#43 Post by Franka » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:31 pm

Not that I would have a problem with dying all the time....

hanako
Site Admin

#44 Post by hanako » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:42 pm

NelinaC wrote:OMG That screenshot looks very nice and cool!
It seems that the whole school looks different too. And getting missions in the night (the sky looks like it's late night or extreme early morning?)
But couldn't you see your stats in Horse hall? Because I thought that they where visible on the left side, right?
I still love it though <3
The statbar is up on the top now - it's subtle most of the time but it becomes more visible when it's needed (which involves other features I don't want to show right now).

Yes, this is a night-time shot, from a location that wasn't used in the first game. (Most background images will be the same, although some may look a bit diferent because of the change in size and aspect ratio, but there are some new ones and a few things have been replaced completely)

Oki

#45 Post by Oki » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:45 pm

I want to play this so bad T_T I am so on board for everything T_T
I've been here so long even Hanako is sick of me