Update problem

Rule the world - or die trying!
TheBackwardNile

Update problem

#1 Postby TheBackwardNile » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:32 am

Hi I haven't playe for awhile and now when I try to update my game I keep getting an error in the update saying ImportError: No module named safepickle.
There is a lot more text to but that repeats a few times and has the word error in it so I suspect it may be the problem.
Uhm I am not a very technical person so I have no idea how to fix this.
I can still play the game just with an occasional error but I would like to be able to fully update the game if at all possible.
Some help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Spiky Caterpillar

Re: Update problem

#2 Postby Spiky Caterpillar » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:42 pm

What operating system are you using, and what version of Long Live The Queen do you have? (It should show you the version number(s) on the update screen). Do you have a file named 'safepickle.py' in the game folder?

TheBackwardNile

#3 Postby TheBackwardNile » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:05 pm

Uhm it's a Windows 7
64-bits(Is it called that I am translating from Swedish) operative system.

Original version: 1.0.3
Partially update: 1.3.25.1

And ehm no I cannot find a file named safepickle.py in the game folder

Spiky Caterpillar

#4 Postby Spiky Caterpillar » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:37 pm

Okay, it looks like there may be a bug in the update code for the version you have installed; the easiest way around it is probably to download the most recent Long Live The Queen demo from spikycaterpillar.com or hanakogames.com and update it to the newest version.

TheBackwardNile

#5 Postby TheBackwardNile » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:51 am

So I tried to install the the demo from hanakogames.com and when I tried to lanunch it this appeard:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While executing init code:
File "game/translation.rpy", line 23, in script
File "game/tracebacks.rpy", line 339, in python
File "game/translation.rpy", line 149, in python
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'compacted_translations'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Long Live The Queen\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 274, in bootstrap
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Long Live The Queen\renpy\main.py", line 294, in main
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Long Live The Queen\renpy\execution.py", line 269, in run
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Long Live The Queen\renpy\display\error.py", line 95, in report_exception
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Long Live The Queen\renpy\game.py", line 280, in invoke_in_new_context
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Long Live The Queen\renpy\display\error.py", line 40, in call_exception_screen
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Long Live The Queen\renpy\ui.py", line 236, in interact
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Long Live The Queen\renpy\display\core.py", line 1667, in interact
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Long Live The Queen\renpy\display\core.py", line 555, in replace_transient
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Long Live The Queen\renpy\display\core.py", line 825, in remove
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Long Live The Queen\renpy\display\core.py", line 753, in hide_or_replace
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Long Live The Queen\renpy\display\screen.py", line 175, in _hide
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Long Live The Queen\renpy\display\screen.py", line 244, in update
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Long Live The Queen\renpy\screenlang.py", line 1151, in __call__
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Long Live The Queen\renpy\python.py", line 981, in py_exec_bytecode
File "game/tracebacks.rpy", line 339, in <module>
File "game/translation.rpy", line 149, in _
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'compacted_translations'

Windows-post2008Server-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 6.12.2.1531
LongLiveTheQueen 1.2.2

What do I do now? was I supposed to delete the full version of the game I already have first? Or is there some other problem.

Spiky Caterpillar

#6 Postby Spiky Caterpillar » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:03 pm

I suspect the bug is triggered by the preferences for the full version being present, but I'll look into it a little more and see if I can fix it. Were you using a translation patch?

TheBackwardNile

#7 Postby TheBackwardNile » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:13 pm

Well not that I know of. I am not entirly sure what that is but I do play in English so if it's a language translation thing then no.

Spiky Caterpillar

#8 Postby Spiky Caterpillar » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:48 pm

Update: you're right, that crash is caused by installing the demo without uninstalling the full game.

I'm not sure if the uninstaller works right with updates (or partial updates), so it will probably be easiest if you install the demo in a separate folder and then click the 'Register Game' option on the title.

TheBackwardNile

#9 Postby TheBackwardNile » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:36 am

It works now thank you so much for all the help!

Return to “Long Live The Queen”