Playing Black Closet Again

Solve mysteries by ordering your Student Council minions into investigations. A schoolgirl noir RPG-style adventure!
zeru57

Playing Black Closet Again

#1 Postby zeru57 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:54 pm

Mostly I played during the Alpha and Beta testing phase, so in some ways this is my first real crack at the production version and the changes that have been made and introduced since release. This game is one of my favorite games. So I'm going to keep playing and post some responses and feedback. So far I've played on Normal difficulty, and with a full complement of minions. A couple early reactions:

1) The Shock to the System cases seem to be a lot easier (I had complained about this in beta). My paranoia sends me at these cases full throttle, but I have yet to find a disastrous occurrence.

2) Most of the missing supplies turn out to be innocent mistakes. I'll interview everyone and eventually the box shows back up. "A mystery for the ages." Anyway, a lot less girls to put in detention.

3) The first couple of play-throughs were rough. Rust is a thing.

4) It seems like more cases get flung at the player faster, esp. the first semester. Two new ones every week. Don't fall behind!

zeru57

Re: Playing Black Closet Again

#2 Postby zeru57 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:08 am

5) Shock to the System is definitely nerfed. No bombs strapped to desks on a few play throughs.

6) I upped my aggressiveness on the missing supply cases once I realized I wasn't actually solving them. Have only had good results.

7) I like the case types that have been added, esp the missing book case.

8) Only once has the Steam Tunnels gotten close to foiling me.

9) Booting Althea to get another ending made things...harder. It's going to be a challenge to win with two minions!

hanako
Site Admin

Re: Playing Black Closet Again

#3 Postby hanako » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:28 am

I'm pretty sure that shock case is still in there, but the RNG wants to be your friend more now :) IIRC we did add more ways to resolve certain cases though, there were some early on that were just too hard to complete and too easy to make unwinnable.

Return to “Black Closet”