Forum Update

For official announcements and news items only.
hanako
Site Admin

Forum Update

#1 Post by hanako » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:04 pm

Messing around with the base code to improve security. Accounts should work as normal, as far as I know, though there will be many minor things that won't look the same until I tweak them more.

If you're looking at this because your account is somehow messed up now and you can't log in anymore, email hanakogames support!

Otherwise, if you have general problems with the new forum setup, you can post them here.

somestrangecircus

Re: Forum Update

#2 Post by somestrangecircus » Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:33 am

It's a bit blue. For some reason I strongly associate purple with Hanako Games. This throws me.

hanako
Site Admin

#3 Post by hanako » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:32 am

Yeah true, I haven't tinkered with the themes yet. I'm not totally sure whether I actually CAN fix the themes totally, or whether everyone would have to manually switch over to get purple even if I install it.

The purple style we used to use isn't compatible with this version of the forum software either.

Franka

#4 Post by Franka » Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:55 am

I'm missing, or can't find, "view new posts."

hanako
Site Admin

#5 Post by hanako » Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:25 pm

Trying to tinker a little. This version should have purple up top, at least, and looks a little more like the old style in terms of functionality. Going through all the CSS and manually purpling everything may be more effort than I'm willing to put in, though, and I can't find any pre-existing styles to speed it up. :) But it may slowly drift more purple over time, maybe.

There should be a New Posts link in the top right area now.

Ariel Schnee

#6 Post by Ariel Schnee » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:22 pm

[quote="hanako"]Messing around with the base code to improve security. Accounts should work as normal, as far as I know, though there will be many minor things that won't look the same until I tweak them more.

If you're looking at this because your account is somehow messed up now and you can't log in anymore, email hanakogames support!

Otherwise, if you have general problems with the new forum setup, you can post them here.[/quote]

It looks horrible.:(

Pace

#7 Post by Pace » Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:01 am

Just a request, whilst you are still tweaking the forums; that is to ask if you could like make the Hanako Games banner uptop be clickable and link back to http://www.hanakogames.com/ ?

Ariel Schnee

#8 Post by Ariel Schnee » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:12 am

I liked it a lot better when it looked like this - http://nightgazer.altervista.org/Hanako.bmp .

hanako
Site Admin

#9 Post by hanako » Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:05 pm

Pace wrote:Just a request, whilst you are still tweaking the forums; that is to ask if you could like make the Hanako Games banner uptop be clickable and link back to http://www.hanakogames.com/ ?
I'm not sure I can, but I'll look around. For me, it already seems to be clickable but it links to the main forum index. Is that not what happens for you if you click on the flower?

Unfortunately, the board style we used to use, with a lot of the old features and such, is no longer available for the latest version of the software, so I completely can't make it look like it used to. What I have up at the moment was the closest equivalent in terms of features.

I can install a bunch of optional themes and people can choose from them themselves in the control panel but a lot of them aren't much to look at.
Neko Hibiki wrote:I liked it a lot better when it looked like this - http://nightgazer.altervista.org/Hanako.bmp .
It was never supposed to look like that, though! You may have been set to a weird alternate version in the past. Try changing themes in the control panel, if the blue is really what you want.

hanako
Site Admin

#10 Post by hanako » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:15 pm

Currently testing out a feature to put new signups in a restricted group temporarily, to see if this cuts down on spambots.

Pace

#11 Post by Pace » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:21 pm

[quote="hanako"]
I'm not sure I can, but I'll look around. For me, it already seems to be clickable but it links to the main forum index. Is that not what happens for you if you click on the flower?[/quote]

Yes the Flower in the upper right does take me back to the top of the forums, but the board index is what I usually click to get back to the top. Can the Flower link be changed to to hanakogames.com? Sometimes I just like pursuing what is there.

[quote]
I can install a bunch of optional themes and people can choose from them themselves in the control panel but a lot of them aren't much to look at.[/quote]

That would be a nice option to add, the new look is growing on me so do not overwork yourself if you do not want to add more themes.

hanako
Site Admin

#12 Post by hanako » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:21 pm

Been getting a wave of fake signups lately so I continue tweaking the settings. New users have to post in the meet-and-greet before they can post publicly (and I have to manually approve them) and brand-new users should now be blocked from PMing people or even changing their profile/signatures until they've been manually accepted. I've also deleted a ton of inactive accounts, most of which had never visited the forum again after creation as far as I can tell.

KitCat

#13 Post by KitCat » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:10 pm

inactive at build nick? Nothing messages? Sounds that them get that answer what them cam asking already? Or... can it be something else?

Pace

#14 Post by Pace » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:26 pm

hanako wrote:Been getting a wave of fake signups lately so I continue tweaking the settings. New users have to post in the meet-and-greet before they can post publicly (and I have to manually approve them) and brand-new users should now be blocked from PMing people or even changing their profile/signatures until they've been manually accepted. I've also deleted a ton of inactive accounts, most of which had never visited the forum again after creation as far as I can tell.
Anything to stop the spam bots!

Ariel Schnee

#15 Post by Ariel Schnee » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:34 am

[quote="Ariel Schnee"]I liked it a lot better when it looked like this - http://nightgazer.altervista.org/Hanako.bmp .[/quote]

http://nightgazer.altervista.org/gallery/Hanako.bmp