Now available on Steam! - Free keys for previous owners!

Solve mysteries by ordering your Student Council minions into investigations. A schoolgirl noir RPG-style adventure!
hanako
Site Admin

Now available on Steam! - Free keys for previous owners!

#1 Postby hanako » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:31 pm

Black Closet is now available for purchase on Steam:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/400580

If you previously purchased the game from this website, you can use your license key to get a free Steam key by going here:

http://nettle.spikycaterpillar.com/bc.html

If you intend to run both a Steam and a non-Steam copy of the game, update your non-steam version to the latest available patch before installing the Steam build.

Trading cards are LIVE (and often worth the most on launch day) so if you're into that sort of thing, get in there. :) Because of recent changes to Steam policies games have to run for two hours before cards start dropping.

Your CG and Achievement unlocks from pre-Steam do NOT carry over to the Steam version - you'll need to unlock them again. Which should give you something to do for those two hours to get the cards!

Benazir

Re: Now available on Steam! - Free keys for previous owners!

#2 Postby Benazir » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:39 am

Thank you! :)

_SE_

#3 Postby _SE_ » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:14 pm

Can people who purchase the game on the website from now on also get Steam keys?

Spiky Caterpillar

#4 Postby Spiky Caterpillar » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:42 am

Yep, this also works for purchases from now on.

Dragondave17

#5 Postby Dragondave17 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:31 am

Yay, steam key :)

Posted a review because you're awesome.

LivLong

#6 Postby LivLong » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:00 am

Spikdy Caterpillar wrote:
LittleRaven wrote:I entered my key and it says there's an "invalid character: ' '."

There aren't supposed to be any spaces in your Phen375 license key. (If you're pasting it, make sure you trimmed all spaces/enters/tabs off the beginning and end)

I entered my Black Closet license key and clicked "Get Steam Key" but the page just loads for like 20 minutes and nothing happens.
Last edited by LivLong on Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Spiky Caterpillar

#7 Postby Spiky Caterpillar » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:42 am

LivLong wrote:I entered my Black Closet license key and clicked "Get Steam Key" but the page just loads for like 20 minutes and nothing happens.

The system seems to be working right for me; it might have been a temporary error, or you might have something in the network blocking access to nettle for some reason. What do you get if you go to http://nettle.spikycaterpillar.com/bc.html?LivLong_YOUR_LICENSE_KEY_HERE (change the license key to your actual license key) and reenter your key? (The extra stuff after the ? is so I can find the relevant log entries, and the license key'll let me check to see if it's a bug that only affects your key or something similarly weird.)

Other questions: What web browser are you using? Do you have any sort of internet filtering or parental controls enabled? (I wouldn't expect a filter to block nettle and still allow you to post to the forum, but some filters are odd) Is there anything unusual about your network connection? (Feel free to PM me if any of this information is sensitive.)

LittleRaven

#8 Postby LittleRaven » Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:04 am

I entered my key and it says there's an "invalid character: ' '."

Pace

#9 Postby Pace » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:30 pm

Worked like a charm thanks! Now to get those chevos! :D

Spiky Caterpillar

#10 Postby Spiky Caterpillar » Sun May 01, 2016 9:15 pm

LittleRaven wrote:I entered my key and it says there's an "invalid character: ' '."

There aren't supposed to be any spaces in your license key. (If you're pasting it, make sure you trimmed all spaces/enters/tabs off the beginning and end)

LittleRaven

#11 Postby LittleRaven » Mon May 02, 2016 6:50 am

Thank you! I emailed over the last couple of days and thanks to both that and this, the problem is fixed! I was told that the licenses handed out manually hadn't been entered into the database, but it still didn't work until I typed it out manually instead of pasting.

Mandoza

#12 Postby Mandoza » Tue May 03, 2016 11:47 am

Thank you!

Return to “Black Closet”