NEW BETA UPDATE!!! Details within! - 1.3 - January 2015

Rule the world - or die trying!
Spiky Caterpillar

Re: NEW BETA UPDATE!!! Details within! - 1.3 - January 2015

#31 Post by Spiky Caterpillar » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:37 am

Should be fixed in alpha 1.3.3.

Code: Select all

elif (flags.get('week39_husband','')=='Talarist') or (flags.get('week39_wedding','')=='delay' and betrothed_to_sedna) and not talarist_married:
When it should have been:

Code: Select all

elif ((flags.get('week39_husband','')=='Talarist') or (flags.get('week39_wedding','')=='delay' and betrothed_to_sedna)) and not talarist_married:
Pastebin seems to have trouble with the game logs - the best way to get logs to us if they're needed in the future is probably through
http://spikycaterpillar.com/savegame-upload.html

Spiky Caterpillar

Patch 1.3.4 in beta

#32 Post by Spiky Caterpillar » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:54 am

Assorted minor bugfixes:

You should no longer wind up marrying Talarist if you've already married him to an Elathian duchess. (in 1.3.3)

Using magic to destroy the invasion fleet no longer causes Sabine to deliver a report on chocolate-related research that she was never actually sent on (because you destroyed the chocolates)
High Lore skill no longer allows you to retry giving Togami your power indefinitely.
A certain conversation with Selene no longer causes Elodie to muse about a certain person's powers if Sabine has already given you a report on it. This fixes the bug where You could order the entire Mervan family executed, sacrifice Charlotte to seal the kraken, and then write her a letter asking if one of her parents is a Lumen.

phoenixgirl

#33 Post by phoenixgirl » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:40 am

Coolies. I got the earthquake achievement as well. It really helps

to have Selene as my lumen mentor and to raise certain skills

In this playthrough, I

raised my lumen and faith skills to the max so I got the conversation with Selene and Elodie muses that someone in Charlotte's family might be a lumen so Elodie is going to write to Charlotte and have her visit the castle. But then nothing happens after that.

Is that supposed to be the case?
Please help and support me here.

hanako
Site Admin

#34 Post by hanako » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:26 pm

Depends on when you wrote her that latter. If it was before the gala it's supposed to affect the gala. If it's later in the game then no, nothing comes of it, and Elodie's a little too busy to follow up.

GSN22

#35 Post by GSN22 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:12 am

Oh yeah one question about the beta- did they fix it so Brin can be romanced more easily now?

I remember before, two versions ago, that you had to a certain random thing (that might conflict with the ending you want) in order to get her to become romanceable. (it's been years since I've played so not entirely certain)

bookworm37

#36 Post by bookworm37 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:14 am

So....maybe I'm an idiot, but I can't seem to find the 'Check for Updates' button anywhere. I clicked on Preferences, but it's not there. And I'm not opening the Steam version (I have both versions of the game).

hanako
Site Admin

#37 Post by hanako » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:17 pm

GSN22 wrote:Oh yeah one question about the
Try it and see. This is a testing thread. :twisted: Try things, see what happens, report back!
bookworm37 wrote: So....maybe I'm an idiot, but I can't seem to find the 'Check for Updates' button anywhere. I clicked on Preferences, but it's not there. And I'm not opening the Steam version (I have both versions of the game).
With some versions, iirc, the Steam's preferences can end up overriding the old preferences, since the data is saved in the same location. Caution potentially dangerous advice: It may help to find your savegame folder (location varies by OS) and delete or rename your 'persistent' file. That will wipe out information like what lines you've seen before and what your options are set to.

However, as we're releasing content into beta on Steam now as well, you may find it a safer and simpler option to use the Steam version and opt into the beta. To do that, right-click on the game in your library and select Properties. That should bring up a box with various options tabs, one of which says 'Betas'. On there, you'll see a list of options you can choose from - select "beta" and it should patch up to the new test content.

bookworm37

#38 Post by bookworm37 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:50 pm

hanako wrote:
bookworm37 wrote: So....maybe I'm an idiot, but I can't seem to find the 'Check for Updates' button anywhere. I clicked on Preferences, but it's not there. And I'm not opening the Steam version (I have both versions of the game).
With some versions, iirc, the Steam's preferences can end up overriding the old preferences, since the data is saved in the same location. Caution potentially dangerous advice: It may help to find your savegame folder (location varies by OS) and delete or rename your 'persistent' file. That will wipe out information like what lines you've seen before and what your options are set to.

However, as we're releasing content into beta on Steam now as well, you may find it a safer and simpler option to use the Steam version and opt into the beta. To do that, right-click on the game in your library and select Properties. That should bring up a box with various options tabs, one of which says 'Betas'. On there, you'll see a list of options you can choose from - select "beta" and it should patch up to the new test content.
Thank you so much!

GSN22

#39 Post by GSN22 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:51 pm

I'd like to try it but, not really too into betas.

Two versions ago you had a specific, very random choice that had nothing to do with Brin in order to get her to be romanceable.

As long as you're nice to her and her brother, and you dance with her, that should be the minimum to romance her, imo.

hanako
Site Admin

#40 Post by hanako » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:59 pm

Your memory is incomplete - it was never exactly like that.

However, if you're not taking part in the testing, then you'll just have to wait to discuss things until everyone else has already done them. Feedback on something you think you vaguely remember from more than thirty patches ago is not helpful. ;)

---

So, has anyone managed to find the Brin marriage, or have any guesses about where it might be, remembering that I'm a horrible person?

GSN22

#41 Post by GSN22 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:50 pm

Actually maybe I will try the Beta.

So... am I direct user? How do I get the Beta anyway? I own this and several other Hanako games so I think that qualifies me. :)

hanako
Site Admin

#42 Post by hanako » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:05 pm

If you go to the preferences screen there should be an option to check for updates (the exact layout has sometimes been altered from version to version, so it's hard to say exactly where). If you enable beta versions you should be able to see the 1.3 stuff. You'll need your license key to download with.

It's possible that a really old version might have trouble updating that far, or that you might have lost your license key in the meantime. If so, if you forward me your receipt email I can generate a new download link with a more recent installer. The current installer won't have the beta content in it, but it'll be much further along so patching up will be easier, and the download email would also contain the license key.

GSN22

#43 Post by GSN22 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:38 am

Thanks! One question though... How do I clear out my old data so I can reset my achievements to zero? (I updated it but it includes all my old achievements)

[off-topic edited - this is a testing thread, not a requests thread!]

hanako
Site Admin

#44 Post by hanako » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:22 am

If you navigate to your savegame directory and clear out your old saves and/or persistent file, the checklist should go back to blank.

That won't unset Steam achievements (I know, you're not on Steam, but this information may be useful to others.) Steam really doesn't like people deleting their achievements so there's no game way to do that.

hanako
Site Admin

#45 Post by hanako » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:05 pm

hanako wrote:
So, has anyone managed to find the Brin marriage, or have any guesses about where it might be, remembering that I'm a horrible person?
Second question - has anyone attempted to flirt with Sabine?