NEW BETA UPDATE!!! Details within! - 1.3 - January 2015

Rule the world - or die trying!
hanako
Site Admin

NEW BETA UPDATE!!! Details within! - 1.3 - January 2015

#1 Post by hanako » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:32 am

Our new pile of plot is now available for testing - currently to direct users only, although it will eventually roll out to Steam. To access the new content, go to Preferences, Check For Updates, and be sure to tick Enable Beta Versions.

(As of this post the beta is 1.3 - it may change as small adjustments are made.)

You will need your license key to download patches.

Please report bugs, general feedback, and things that you desperately want now that you know what new character heads you DO get. But remember that I am evil and wishes may be granted in the worst ways.

THERE IS A LOT OF STUFF IN HERE. I'm gonna try to sum up without giving away too much detail, but obviously some spoilers will by necessity be implied to guide people to testing the right things. If you want to go in blind, go for it, don't read the rest of this!

Important New Plot:

* Adair now has a face and some available conversations if you get engaged to him
* Spybard has a face, a name, and some new conversations
* You can now test the chocolates for poison. If you have the right skills.
* Refusing to duel Togami if you ARE a Lumen now has totally different events instead of a quick insta-game-over.
* There's a new checklist item
* Killing Togami in the duel now leaves a crystal
* It is possible to make Charlotte a Lumen (and for bad things to happen to her)
* You can print Lumen propaganda
* You can call your Lumen mentor to help if you have a partial success with sensing someone's magic
* You can ask your Lumen mentor about your mother's death
* It is possible to get the Everyone Loves Lumens outcome without dueling Togami (but I'm not saying how yet)
* You can send a spy to investigate Arisse
* You can ask Arisse to become your advisor
* You can get engaged to one man, dump him for another, dump him to marry a third, then divorce the third and get back together with the second
* Conversation at the party changes if Bennett has a title
* You can invite Talarist to the gala if you're engaged
* More information if you suspect Talarist of killing Adair and marry him anyway
* Marrying Banion after having Brin executed now has a unique epilogue.
* Under specific circumstances, you can marry Brin.

Minor Tweaks:

* now a NEW indicator after an outfit is unlocked (LPers keep missing them)
* lucille's journals automatically decode in epilogue if you have spybard
* skip ahead button doesn't show up on generic feedback
* first climbing check now lower
* naval battle shows a War test success/fail
* sense magic check added to 'poisoned' pillow
* elodie may now suspect that angry-Kevan knows she had Arisse bumped off
* Attend Court is now adjusted if dad is dead
* Visit Dungeon is now adjusted if Elodie's cruelty has gone up
* Suspecting Shanjia of war buildup now explains the situation better
* You can question Lucille about the Mervan assassination attempt, if you have the note and are talking to her privately
* In Depressed mood, Elodie automatically sacrifices herself to the Kraken
* You can no longer refuse Togami's duel if you are NOT a lumen
* More detail from Economics skills on several money-related issues questions
* You can no longer leave taxes the same if you have no accounting skill at all
* Lore 90 lets you know that power can be combined, to offer minionhood

Bugfixes:

* kiran gets the proper window if he rejects marrying elodie
* brin no longer sends flowers if banion dies
* missing period added to dogs 10
* wordwrap on bennett's dossier adjusted

Oki

Re: NEW BETA UPDATE!!! Details within! - 1.3 - January 2015

#2 Post by Oki » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:46 pm

I tried out a new play through and only managed to ping the Talarist stuff. To be fair, I could not get the Adair stuff! How in the world do you get Adair to die, and Talarist to have a say? Not marry him???

Talarist is SO FREAKING SMOOTH GUYS. Damien can't put down the word flow. I kind of think he'a adorable now. Still, I want to see the other side of him..kekekekeke. You all know me, I'm crazy! Love the new face for the musician, my problem is I'm now so attentive to game I kind of have trouble pissing off nobles. I even sent Adair to his grandpa this time but he didn't die. WHY?! WHY DON'T INNOCENT CHILDREN GET THEIR BLOOD ON MY HANDS??!
I've been here so long even Hanako is sick of me

Mir

#3 Post by Mir » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:53 pm

I know in old versions (I can't check this one yet since I have a Steam copy) Talarist would leave Adair alone if you had accepted his proposal in week 12 and don't break off the engagement. Do you have Elodie engaged to him?

Oki

#4 Post by Oki » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:57 pm

Mir wrote:I know in old versions (I can't check this one yet since I have a Steam copy) Talarist would leave Adair alone if you had accepted his proposal in week 12 and don't break off the engagement. Do you have Elodie engaged to him?
SO HE'S THE ONE WHO ALWAYS DID IT? AHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! I gotta do this now lmao

Miakoda

#5 Post by Miakoda » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:35 am

I may be doing something wrong, but I can't get the romance with Brin to fire up at all. I can't even get her to send me flowers at all; let along try to figure out whether how to marry her. I managed to regain the territory (I paid up), and danced with her at the ball. Sometimes I get Banion asking my Elodie to dance, after I danced with Brin, though...

hanako
Site Admin

#6 Post by hanako » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:46 am

It's entirely possible that the last-minute fix to try and prevent Brin from sending flowers if Banion is dead is now accidentally preventing her from sending them at all; I haven't checked. I think I'm coming down with a fever at the moment so my own testing may be a little fuzzy.

grawr

#7 Post by grawr » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:11 am

There's a minor bug in the scene before the duel where the option to offer your power doesn't disappear after one failure.
I was also unable to get the flowers from Brin; though she did encourage Elodie to marry Banion.
I haven't had much time yet, though have started looking for the new achievement!
PS I'm also glad to see my guess about the duel/crystal was pretty much confirmed.

Magnificate

#8 Post by Magnificate » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:36 am

* You can no longer refuse Togami's duel if you are NOT a lumen
Why not?

hanako
Site Admin

#9 Post by hanako » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:36 pm

I generally try to avoid 'why' questions because they tend to require either massive behind-the-scenes spoilers to explain or invite a lot of argument. 8)

Short and intentionally incomplete answer - because it bothers me watching people LP that path and choose 'refuse' for the wrong reasons and thus miss the much more interesting outcome.

That's not the whole reason, but it's a reason.

phoenixgirl

#10 Post by phoenixgirl » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:47 pm

Out of curiosity, I went ahead and downloaded the new beta. I like that the spybard finally has a face and I like the new scenes with Talarist at the gala. XD

I have a question. I got to the part where I refused to duel Togami even though I was a lumen and then I got the following:

Julianna says that Elodie can flee, etc. Then I get the option of either fleeing with Julianna or removing Elodie's crystal

But no matter which option I choose, I end up getting a game over (not death scene, though) scene. Is that supposed to be the case?
Please help and support me here.

hanako
Site Admin

#11 Post by hanako » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:53 pm

Yes -but hopefully a more interesting one than the one which was there previously. :)

You might also try it with a different mentor.

Magnificate

#12 Post by Magnificate » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:01 pm

hanako wrote:Short and intentionally incomplete answer - because it bothers me watching people LP that path and choose 'refuse' for the wrong reasons and thus miss the much more interesting outcome.
But! I'd say being obstinate or contrian is a valid reason to refuse Togami. ;)

Unlocked the Earthquake. I assume Togami must've lacked in divination and long-range magic detection to let Elodie get out of the castle?

Coincidentally, in the same ending Joslyn maried the cute little novitiate.

Spiky Caterpillar

#13 Post by Spiky Caterpillar » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:21 pm

1.3.2 up. This fixes the bug where Brin's flowers wouldn't arrive, and also adds a little more detail to the conversation with Selene about hereditary magical effects

hanako
Site Admin

#14 Post by hanako » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:07 pm

(Not really adding more detail so much as fixing some variants where Elodie should already know a particular detail so she doesn't foolishly ask about it anyway.)

Oki

#15 Post by Oki » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:30 pm

Magnificate wrote:
hanako wrote:Short and intentionally incomplete answer - because it bothers me watching people LP that path and choose 'refuse' for the wrong reasons and thus miss the much more interesting outcome.
But! I'd say being obstinate or contrian is a valid reason to refuse Togami. ;)

Unlocked the Earthquake. I assume Togami must've lacked in divination and long-range magic detection to let Elodie get out of the castle?

Coincidentally, in the same ending Joslyn maried the cute little novitiate.
How do I go about getting this one? Not so sure on my end. Gotten the Adair pieces, Talarist, BAHAHAHA

I LOST IT BANION TOTALLY FREAKING POISONS YOU DOESNT HEEE??? AND THATS AFTER HE GETS YOU PREGNANT OMFG