Togami's Crystal? *spoilers*

Rule the world - or die trying!
Micomicona

Togami's Crystal? *spoilers*

#1 Post by Micomicona » Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:49 pm

Sooooo... ever since i got this game, which was some time ago, I've always wondered what happened to it if you manage to defeat him in a duel. also curious as to the compatibility of the thing, as appealing to his poetic nature is absurdly effective, and therefore quite a bit more complicated than your average invading empire. If you assassinate your aunt you get a crystal, though it's end game so you can't do anything with it. you get the criminal's crystal as well, though you do little with that. I just wondered why there was never any mention of togami's crystal popping out of his heart or wherever.

hanako
Site Admin

Re: Togami's Crystal? *spoilers*

#2 Post by hanako » Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:58 pm

This is something intended to be expanded upon in the coming update. There will be more story coming out of that.

The main meta-reason it wasn't addressed before is that I wanted the achievements to reward you for finding those other crystals, which are much harder to get to, so his was quietly ignored.

GSN22

#3 Post by GSN22 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:37 am

I'm not sure how crystals are handled after duels but I always assumed that Togami's army would stingily take it with them. (assuming most people even know how Lumen abilities are passed on)

hanako
Site Admin

#4 Post by hanako » Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:31 am

However considering that Togami clearly takes the crystal of the person he duels with if he wins, it's only fair that Nova pockets his if he loses.

GSN22

#5 Post by GSN22 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:52 am

Maybe that's a rule in magical duels that winner gets the crystal?

Foelhe

#6 Post by Foelhe » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:44 pm

GSN22 wrote:Maybe that's a rule in magical duels that winner gets the crystal?
And by "rule" we mean "Who's gonna tell you no?"

Micomicona

#7 Post by Micomicona » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:26 pm

I remember vaguely that these duels can also modify resonance. If true, I wonder if the resonance of Togami's crystal changes if you win. Might make a good crystal for lottie.