Will Cute Knight ever be coming to Steam?

For hints and discussions on Cute Knight and Cute Knight Deluxe.
Shrakna

Will Cute Knight ever be coming to Steam?

#1 Post by Shrakna » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:21 am

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place to ask this, or if it's been asked before. (My apologies if it has) I noticed recently that Virtual Villagers was on Steam. This reminded me of fond memories I have of me and my aunt playing computer games. I then wondered if Cute Knight would be on Steam as well. (It being one of the games I remember.) I was interested to find out that Long Live the Queen is in fact related. (I thought they had a similar vibe, but never questioned it.) But that's all just irrelevant backstory. Back to the question. Would Cute Knight ever coming to Steam be a possibility in the future?

hanako
Site Admin

Re: Will Cute Knight ever be coming to Steam?

#2 Post by hanako » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:23 pm

I'm afraid it's not possible for me to put the game on Steam - first because the game is REALLY old and the engine is not very compatible, but also because of the distribution agreement signed with the publisher way back when. I'm not allowed to put the game on sale in any place it wasn't already on sale when we signed the contracts, only they can do it.

Shrakna

#3 Post by Shrakna » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:44 pm

That's sad, but I fully understand. Thank you for answering. :mrgreen:

Rebochan

#4 Post by Rebochan » Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:00 pm

Seems like contract negotiation is a hurdle that could be leapt with a lawyer and some new negotiation - I have trouble imaging a publisher WOULDN'T be willing to work on getting the game on Steam given it's notoriety for increasing sales.

The technical hurdles are probably another matter altogether though. I have to admit I kept holding off trying this game out because I expected it would eventually just release on Steam.