Old Forest

Rule the world - or die trying!
ElCantardelaLunaOscura

Old Forest

#1 Post by ElCantardelaLunaOscura » Wed May 28, 2014 4:28 am

I've played and replayed this game, and we know that Lumens destroyed the Old Capital and in one of the endings Elodie asks herself why anyone hadn't dealt properly with this problem.

Well that's my question too. Hanako, can you give us more info about the Old Forest? What other creatures are there? Where did they come from?

On and another thing, while studying World History you come across this:You read about the western continent, Jiavar, where civilisation flourished so long ago that the ancestral Novans were still living in caves. No one knows what became of them; the population vanished without a trace, leaving only their enormous stone buildings.

Can you give us more info too? Or it's just some background story?
"Y a pesar de que no estás, te llevo cosida a mi piel.
Tu recuerdo se ha instalado en mi a vivir.
Y aunque nunca volverás, busco en el trastero de mi
ese beso abandonado que nunca te di."

hanako
Site Admin

Re: Old Forest

#2 Post by hanako » Wed May 28, 2014 4:57 am

Generally I can't give you information outside of what's in the game because it could constitute spoilers for possible later additions. Sometimes I know more than I've said, sometimes I don't... there are details that have been in my notes from the beginning which still haven't been put into the game proper.

The best I can suggest is to read all the skill texts and then theorise with other players. :)

tigri

#3 Post by tigri » Sat May 31, 2014 6:08 pm

I would love to see an adventure mode going to the forest.

As a princess maker 2 fan, I really enjoy Long Live The Queen. One thing I miss in this game is the top-down adventure exploration element, where I can put my sword/archery and lumen skills to use and explore a bit of the world.

I have played both Cute Knight games as well, but somehow they don't grab me the way Long Live The Queen does. I would rather see adventuring as a seperate optional feature and the core gameplay focusing on life simulation as Long Live The Queen already does.

Will there be such an addition to Long Live The Queen, or another game with this addition?

hanako
Site Admin

#4 Post by hanako » Sat May 31, 2014 6:34 pm

Consider the lecture you get for running off to the Old Forest - it's really not something Elodie should be doing with her time, considering the circumstances. :)

Definitely not for this game. Some of the many, many possible ideas for games in a similar genre that I toss around do contain more adventuring, but it's impossible to know at this point which if any of those ideas will ever get made. (There's the space travel game, the superhero game, the space empress game, the roguelike princess tournament game, the crystalpunk ominous prophecy queen game...)

Magical Diary has its own little-bitty dungeons, and the next game is meant to be slightly more dungeony, but that game is still a dating sim at heart.