Just registered here to say...

Rule the world - or die trying!
Ork_Hero

Just registered here to say...

#1 Post by Ork_Hero » Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:34 pm

That Long Live The Queen is great. Thanks Hanako and everyone else who worked on it, love the art style and especially the music, so big props to that. It made me dust off my piano and play again just for old times sake. Dunno what it is but the music really moved me. I'm really hoping to see a sequel or continuation of Long Live The Queen, I've noticed that there's an updater as well, so do you add content every now and then? Big props for letting us activate the game on Steam as well on top of the downloaded copy :)

-Janice

hanako
Site Admin

Re: Just registered here to say...

#2 Post by hanako » Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:04 am

We've updated several times since release, mostly fixes but a few batches of content as well. I don't know if there will be any further content updates or not. Mostly that depends on whether we come up with any really good ideas that fit the existing game and whether we can, if necessary, get art for them.

I collected a whole bunch of ideas for new things into the steam release so it'll probably take a while for new demands to build up. :)

#3 Post by guest » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:15 am

Rather than make another thread, figured I'd just post here. I basically just wanted to also say thanks for making a great game. I was a big Princess Maker fan back in the day, and this is a huge throwback to them times for me.

I have a question, however (a few, actually). I purchased the game on Steam, but I hate Steam. Is there a way for me to download the regular installer? Steam pulled a Wal-Mart (like they often do) and undercut everyone else on price, so I caved and went for it. I've also noticed that GOG's version comes with extras that the Steam version didn't come with. Is there any place to get those, or are they a GOG-exclusive? Lastly, which version is updated most frequently? I almost went for the GOG one, but inferred from the wiki that the GOG version isn't updated as quickly or frequently (That, coupled with the Wal-Mart tactics pushed me to Steam).

ps. Is there going to be a downloadable soundtrack?

hanako
Site Admin

#4 Post by hanako » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:09 pm

Any updates that come out should be pushed to both GOG and Steam reasonably simultaneously, although the different backends mean that one might come through a day faster than the other. Direct sales have access to the fastest updates because they're hooked into the same system we use for internal testing.

The GOG extras are mostly just a handful of graphics - the important ones, like the map, are already available here on the forums, and the wallpapers are on the website.

I can't give out direct copies to Steam purchases for a number of reasons - for one I have no access to the Steam sales database so I can't tell who is a customer and who isn't. However, if you install the game files through Steam you may be able to make a shortcut to launch the game directly.

Due to the way the music was licensed I do not have the rights to distribute a separate soundtrack.

.... Did I cover everything? :)

#5 Post by guest » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:19 pm

You did, and thanks. All makes sense enough :D