LLTQ Plot enhancements (before the Steam release)

Rule the world - or die trying!
Sneaky

Re: LLTQ Enhanced Plot Suggestions - top secret

#46 Post by Sneaky » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:20 am

New art (for events like the tourney and parade), perhaps also a easter egg costume in Shanjian style.

I don't know what the latter would do for stats and I don't really care. Could be a 'nothing' costume like Boarding School. Could set your popularity to zero if you put it on.
Last edited by Sneaky on Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hazel

#47 Post by Hazel » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:32 pm

hanako wrote:NEW CONTENT
New to this patch:
---
Pressing Julianna about why she didn't tell us about Selene
Printing Press followup - the first printing
Ability to be slightly more polite about Sirin's advances
Asking Selene about her crystal's origins (if you find a spare crystal)
Greeting Charlotte at Gwenelle's party (if Lucille is a minister)
Printing Press for propaganda in the civil war
Talking to Charlotte if the family visits after your father dies
Talking to Charlotte at the end if Lucille is a minister
Making Ignatius available for marriage if you know he's divorced (Actually landing him is VERY tricky, but possible)
New character (Alice) now in-game. There is an epilogue. It is VERY hard to get. I will post hints later but for now, explore!
Ability to choose your gala dance partner directly if you have been pursuing social/politics skills
Fixing an error in the 'broken engagement' checklist item, which many people probably have even though they shouldn't (oops)
New characters and new Charlotte scenes both make me very happy. I am also curious about the printing press and its relation to existing literature in the game.

I suppose a crossover with The Royal Trap is probably out of the question?

The steam patch will probably spur me to play about twenty new rounds, making LLTQ an even better investment than before. Which hardly seems likely.

Edit: Do not know why the forum thinks I disabled BB code.

SilverBloodIllusion

#48 Post by SilverBloodIllusion » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:16 pm

With all the new updates, would it be possible for the checklist to get updated as well? That would be super fantabulous! The checklist was probably one of my favorite parts of the game... along with the death chibis but I still haven't "had my life drained" yet.

Another random idea (because I can't stop having them, and I like lists that of things to do) it might also be fun to have a checklist of end romances. I'm positive I haven't seen them all, but I'm not sure if I even know who all of them are.

hanako
Site Admin

#49 Post by hanako » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:03 pm

I'm not sure why it thinks some people have disabled BBcode. Maybe it's the forum style you're using? I've edited your post for now, I'll have a peek in the settings and see if I see anything obvious.

So far I have yet to officially cross over any game worlds other than CK/CKK which is a sequel anyway. Partly because I like writing different magical systems, so the rules of the universe tend to be different from game to game.

The checklist is going to be changed to make way for achievements, but I need to finish putting in content first.

However, while there will be some new entries, it's never going to be able to cover absolutely everything that's possible in this game. Some stuff is better suited to wiki'ing - the checklist is mostly to get people started.

Ramidel

#50 Post by Ramidel » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:58 pm

I think it's a permissions issue for the Secrets forum specifically. I have no problem with BBCode in the LLTQ forum, but it's off in Secrets.

hanako
Site Admin

#51 Post by hanako » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:26 pm

Huh, weird. Not sure how that happened. Well, I think I've found the odd bit and turned it off, so maybe it'll work now.

Since no one has mentioned finding Alice's epilogue yet, some hints:

You need to express your interest in her during the game (presents or dancing)
You need to NOT be engaged or choose interest in another at the end
You need to impress her with your ruthlessness in handling Shanjia

Hazel

#52 Post by Hazel » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:39 pm

...I'm starting to like Alice. I may be a bad person.

Ramidel

#53 Post by Ramidel » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:18 pm

It works.

I'll try for Alice again soon.

SilverBloodIllusion

#54 Post by SilverBloodIllusion » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:42 am

I got Alice's ending! :twisted: I love it!

Miakoda

#55 Post by Miakoda » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:11 am

I hope this doesn't count as a spoiler, but with your new content, I love the changes in the Grand Ball :D (For the picking of a partner).

And Alice's ending was great. However, if there was a path to give her a gift, I seem to have missed it. Still, great new content :)

hanako
Site Admin

#56 Post by hanako » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:41 pm

NEW CONTENT
now in beta - 1.1.16
New character Evrard added - there are SEVERAL epilogue variants, I get carried away. As this character can easily be missed entirely, start by looking in the paths where you allow Julianna to stay at the castle and teach you.
Some new tests of Climbing skill, including one in the naval battle.
Unlockable weekend activity to Tour the Barracks, which lets you check your military strength.
Commoners are now more disapproving of you accidentally summoning a sea monster
Ability to assign agents to hunt for Julianna after she escapes from the dungeons, if you have enough intrigue to assign agents. This opens up a handful of subplots, including an interesting conversation with Brin, the ability to convince your father that there really is a secret cabal of evil lumens, and a new resolution to the duel with Togami

---

Please look over these things and tell me if you encounter any problems! In particular please test the Barracks option - is this new option making mood management too easy? Is the reporting giving weird results at any point? Since that data wasn't originally visible to the player we may not have always remembered to update it when events happen so it should be checked.

Darksilverhawk

#57 Post by Darksilverhawk » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:00 pm

Just had a bit of an oddity. After posting a reward for Julianna, I got the text blurb about the mobs forming, but the text displayed over the class results screen, rather than the usual castle background for weekly events.

Oki

#58 Post by Oki » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:37 am

hanako wrote:Huh, weird. Not sure how that happened. Well, I think I've found the odd bit and turned it off, so maybe it'll work now.

Since no one has mentioned finding Alice's epilogue yet, some hints:

You need to express your interest in her during the game (presents or dancing)
You need to NOT be engaged or choose interest in another at the end
You need to impress her with your ruthlessness in handling Shanjia
You just get me
I've been here so long even Hanako is sick of me

Ramidel

#59 Post by Ramidel » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:45 pm

Intrigue is now excessively useful methinks. : )

...and I just got the Alice ending, and I was like, "oh my God, Hanako, you did not just do that!" I'm still giggling in awe. (Which is an appropriate emotion, considering the ending.)

Karlminion

#60 Post by Karlminion » Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:59 pm

I'm not sure if anyone reported this yet, but at the gala dance it sometimes brings up an error screen when you choose certain partners. Your uncle, one of the old men, are the ones I can confirm.

EDIT: Earl of Mima and Earl of Ishtar no longer glitch out. Is just Banion and Armand who produce the glitch. I sent an error report to Spiky Caterpillar, but figured it might be useful to report here as well.