LLTQ Plot enhancements (before the Steam release)

Rule the world - or die trying!
RedSocialKnight

Re: LLTQ Enhanced Plot Suggestions - top secret

#16 Post by RedSocialKnight » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:30 pm

Not to be contrarian about other people's requests, but I really like that Elodie has marriage options but no romances as such -- it really sets the game apart from other similar sims where catching one cute boy or another is a big part of the point. Elodie is very young -- and she is not in circumstances that allow for much sentiment.

It almost defines the tone of the game that there just isn't any space for romance in Elodie's life. When she can't be sure of simple survival, even a fourteen-year-old doesn't have a lot of extra energy to be boy- or girl-crazy.

hanako
Site Admin

#17 Post by hanako » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:40 pm

Some desires will be granted, some will absolutely not be, some will kind of be but not in the way that might have been expected...

Darksilverhawk

#18 Post by Darksilverhawk » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:25 pm

Oh, I second a consequence for the printing press beyond just having the note in the ending! It's definitely something you expect to pay off later that never really does, and considering the hospital and musician/spy both have in-game uses, it seems oddly left out right now.

Oki

#19 Post by Oki » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:05 am

The reason I ask for romance is not because I want her to catch boys like flies with honey. It's because Hanako will turn my sweet cutesy ideas into TERRIBLY DARK ROMANTIC OBJECTS. I hate sugary sweet. Hanako basically owns me based solely on her fondness for ripping out my heart and keeping it in a box to do her bidding with. It's definitely not about her ~prospects~ and more about THE EVIL TERRIBLE THINGS I LIKE TO DO TO PEOPLE'S HEARTS. And what's wrong with me wanting that in a game, or appreciating that? I don't see a problem, I just love interactions with people. *shrug*

Oh my boyfriend actually wanted MORE evil options.

For instance, he wants to be able to kill Togami, your father, and still rule over the kingdom in a horrible manner. If you could have an ultimate KILL EVERYONE EVERYONE FEARS YOU DICTATOR RULE he'd love it. That's what's stopping him from playing. . . lol.

kyoli

#20 Post by kyoli » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:36 am

My husband has 1 suggestion.... "Red Wedding"

Oki

#21 Post by Oki » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:19 am

kyoli wrote:My husband has 1 suggestion.... "Red Wedding"
Great minds have SOs that think alike?

hanako
Site Admin

#22 Post by hanako » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:42 am

Ramidel wrote: In other (opposed) notes, I second the idea that there should be some way to try to romance Selene and pry her away from Julianna. But then I'm a horrible Elodie x Selene fan.
I can currently think of exactly one way for Elodie x Selene to happen, and it's awful, and while some of you would appreciate it I can never write it because reasons. :)

Let's just say, it's not a relationship I'm thinking of.

... if you want to know the dreadful idea that has crept into my mind so that you can write the terrible fanfic that would result which cannot be posted here because reasons, and you are not an innocent soul who will be shocked forever, you know where the PM button is :)

Hazel

#23 Post by Hazel » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:01 am

I'm debating about whether or not I want to know... The game already has so much brutal stuff in it.

Ramidel

#24 Post by Ramidel » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:54 pm

RedSocialKnight wrote:Not to be contrarian about other people's requests, but I really like that Elodie has marriage options but no romances as such -- it really sets the game apart from other similar sims where catching one cute boy or another is a big part of the point. Elodie is very young -- and she is not in circumstances that allow for much sentiment.

It almost defines the tone of the game that there just isn't any space for romance in Elodie's life. When she can't be sure of simple survival, even a fourteen-year-old doesn't have a lot of extra energy to be boy- or girl-crazy.
The problem is that both of her girl x girl relationships -are- romantic in character.

Oki

#25 Post by Oki » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:01 pm

She means me. She means me because I'm a bad person and she knows it.

perch

#26 Post by perch » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:42 pm

More death chibi's for any new deaths, or existing deaths that didn't get an appropriate one last time? Congrats on getting on Greenlight! Cannot wait to play it there and rack up the achievements.

Priestess of Athe

#27 Post by Priestess of Athe » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:53 am

Congratulations on achieving Greenlight again!

In addition to the Elodie x Julianna option and Elodie x Musician option, I'd like to request Elodie x Charlotte. What better way to resolve the feud between the Novan throne and Lucille? Cousins did get together in that era. Or perhaps this is just wishful thinking, haha. Even just the added scenes would be cool - I always wanted to see more of Charlotte!

I felt like I barely saw Brin at all on her own romance path. I would like to see at least one more scene with Brin in that branch, to establish her character a bit more, at least.

Others have already mentioned animal handling and riding, but I thought Dance and Ciphering could use a few more situations as well, especially if Elodie herself found a reason to send, rather than merely receive, an encoded message.

For the event where one choice is to ask someone else to stage a free concert, perhaps add an option for Elodie to give it herself if she has enough Instrument and/or Voice? I think it'd be a nice touch.

Would it be possible to talk Togami in circles and confuse him until he decides that his plans won't work, with say, max Lore, World History, and Public Speaking, among other things? Also, another way to discover the truth about Fidelia, which didn't involve dying, would be nice.

The crystal quest confused me because the mentor said to come back to them if Elodie fails to access the crystal, but I couldn't find them on the map after I failed. Is there a way to make it more clear that the mentor meant for Elodie to keep trying until a certain date?

Also, this isn't strictly plot-related, but would it be possible to put a map on the '?' info displays for each person, below their profile, with the relevant territories marked? That and displaying projected gains on the class selection page would be wonderful interface updates.

hanako
Site Admin

#28 Post by hanako » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:27 pm

NEW CONTENT

Current beta patch (1.1.11.1.1 spiky was having fun with all the 1s) contains a bunch of new additions to play with. This is NOT all the planned changes, there is more coming, but it would be helpful if people could test these out and see what they run into, especially any logical flaws and contradictions I might have missed.

New to this patch:
---
Pressing Julianna about why she didn't tell us about Selene
Printing Press followup - the first printing
Ability to be slightly more polite about Sirin's advances
Asking Selene about her crystal's origins (if you find a spare crystal)
Greeting Charlotte at Gwenelle's party (if Lucille is a minister)
Printing Press for propaganda in the civil war
Talking to Charlotte if the family visits after your father dies
Talking to Charlotte at the end if Lucille is a minister
Making Ignatius available for marriage if you know he's divorced (Actually landing him is VERY tricky, but possible)
New character (Alice) now in-game. There is an epilogue. It is VERY hard to get. I will post hints later but for now, explore!
Ability to choose your gala dance partner directly if you have been pursuing social/politics skills
Fixing an error in the 'broken engagement' checklist item, which many people probably have even though they shouldn't (oops)

SilverBloodIllusion

#29 Post by SilverBloodIllusion » Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:05 am

So far I've been able to:
Press Julianna about Selene
See the Printing Press followup
Been nicer to Sirin
Greeted Charlotte at the party
Talked to Charlotte at the end
Met Alice (but not gotten her ending)
& Chosen my dance partner directly
I haven't run into any issues so far. Alice is super cute. I've been trying for her ending, but I haven't figured it out yet. I haven't been able to get Ignatius yet either... Which kind of ticks me off because I suggested it in the first place! XD

I did notice (and it might have always been there, I'm not sure) that there is a scene where Elodie hits a lore check, and if it's high enough she realizes that other crystals might still be out there. When I got it, I think she had already found out about her aunt. The comment didn't seem to be effected by that and maybe it should be? I don't know...

I also had another random thought. It might be nice to have the option to talk to Briony on the weekend she is in the castle if she comes back with you, but you don't go to the forest.

hanako
Site Admin

#30 Post by hanako » Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:54 am

Oh, I forgot to add - the current patch also has an extra scene if you choose not to attend the parade before the gala.

Ignatius was added mostly because it seemed logical that you should be able (in the existing game) to TRY to express interest in him when choosing a romance option at the end, if you knew he was divorced. There's no exciting running around in the forest with him plot or anything like that. :) But if you split him up with his wife and if you find that out for sure and if you get the chance to pick who you're interested in... then surely a single Duke should be on the shopping list!