LLTQ Plot enhancements (before the Steam release)

Rule the world - or die trying!
hanako
Site Admin

LLTQ Plot enhancements (before the Steam release)

#1 Post by hanako » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:58 pm

Okay, so. Greenlight! That means, as promised, I have to make a few little additions to the game. Exactly what gets added will depend somewhat on which artists I can grab hold of, but this is your chance to request things that MIGHT be added.

Small changes only! "Make a full wargame" or "Make the game go on for ten years" or requests like that will be ignored. :)

But if there are places within the existing plot where you really wish another option had been available? Here's where you can request it.

And of course if you don't want spoilers for potential additions, steer clear!

One thing I'm definitely looking at right now is adding some more scenes with Charlotte in the second half of the game.

Karlminion

Re: LLTQ Enhanced Plot Suggestions - top secret

#2 Post by Karlminion » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:49 am

I would like to see one or two more yuri options for romance, and if you can wrangle the art, different faces for the two current girls. That's been bugging me about this game, and is one of a few nagging issues; all the boys had suave smiles and dazzling looks, but the chicks Elodie could pick from? Angry and bitter looking!

I also approve of seeing more Charlotte, and maybe she could use an angry face? I remember there was one scene where something other than her default "I'm so happy kawaii!" expression would have been very appropriate. xD

biscuit

#3 Post by biscuit » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:55 am

A couple more situations where Riding or Animals are relevant would have been good; I felt like they were a little under-utilized compared to many of the other skills.

Oaden

#4 Post by Oaden » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:58 am

Seconding Karlminions suggestion, Also, congratulations on making it to steam.

SilverBloodIllusion

#5 Post by SilverBloodIllusion » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:27 pm

In a perfect world some things that I would want to see are:
A Name for the “Musician”
A face for Linely, Adair, and the “Musician”
A chance to break up Julianna and Selene
More romance-able characters, possibly including any or all of: the “Musician” (if you hire her as an agent), Julianna, Selene, Sirin (if you break her up with your father), Gwenelle, Ignatius (if he divorces his wife, ideally this would piss Briony off at you and if you go to the forest with her she tries to kill you or something of the sort)
More scenes with Charlotte, Lucille (if you hire her at the ball), Brin (if you are pursuing her romantically), Sirin (if you fail to break her up with you father), and the “Musician”

The “Musician” might be my favorite character… If I only got one wish, it would be that she became a real person instead of just a nameless, faceless entity. I would also be just tickled if she had more scenes and was an option to love at the end. (I know Elodie can’t marry her, because she has to have an heir and all, but they could have s similar ending to the Briony ending) I sort of envision her as a Linds (Date Warp) type character in personality: pervy, good humored, teasey, but smart and capable of being serious. I don’t really care what she looks like as long as she’s pretty, but in my mental image she has long straight brown hair, tanned skin, lilac eyes (I don’t really know why), and she wears a red and black jester outfit with lots of cutouts... I’ve always called her Acacia, but again I don’t really care what you name her. If she was turned into a real person I would be just the happiest girl in the world!

My second favorite idea is the Ignatius idea. I’ve never seen it happen, but a friend told me that if Ignatius becomes the ruler of Ursul he divorces Corisande, and leaves. You only learn about this if Briony writes her letter to you. I think it would be funny if you could romance him. Which would make Briony really mad at you, and then when she invites you to go on her little adventure, she would try to kill you. I think that she should be able to, but if she fails you both still get attacked by the monster. At which point you might have the chance to save her or leave her to die. If you choose to save her, she falls in love with you like she does normally. At which point her and Ignatius would fight over Elodie… or something…

If nothing else, a name and a face for the already existing “Musician” parts would just make me so happy! Thank you for considering my suggestions!

SilverBloodIllusion

#6 Post by SilverBloodIllusion » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:34 pm

It would also be really awesome if the map was in the game somewhere: like when Elodie and Briony go on their adventure.

Hazel

#7 Post by Hazel » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:00 pm

I would definitely like to see the angry Lottie face that was left out, in the scene at Gwenelle's birthday party. I would also like a few more Lottie scenes in general, since at the beginning of the game it seems like she and Elodie are very close, but they hardly get to speak or correspond.

A specific dialogue option that I would have liked to see, is in the scene with Joslyn and Sirin. I feel like it should be possible for Elodie [i]not[/i] to object to her father remarrying, since after all he is not just her father but also an adult with his own life. Perhaps with a certain skill or mood in particular.

In terms of skills, there are very few places where divination is not outstripped by intelligence, and I'd like to see the playing field leveled a bit more between them. I also agree that many of the physical skills, like riding, are under-used, but I don't have any concrete suggestions for the type of scenarios I'd like to see.

Ramidel

#8 Post by Ramidel » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:29 pm

As much as this goes against my usual grain, a het -romance- option might be nice; something where you get to interact with someone like the Earl of Pastry for a scene or two.

Both the Brin and Briony relationships occur because Elodie and the girl in question interact romantically (or at least in a dangerous situation that can inspire romantic feelings) in-game, but the Earl of Pastry is a side note in the ending.

In other (opposed) notes, I second the idea that there should be some way to try to romance Selene and pry her away from Julianna. But then I'm a horrible Elodie x Selene fan.

SilverBloodIllusion

#9 Post by SilverBloodIllusion » Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:05 am

I support the Earl of Pastry! I don't know who that is, but I support it!
I also second an option to not object to Sirin.

ALSO! I have more ideas!
A scene involving Elodie's mom in some way more than just "she's dead." EX: A dream about the past (or just a memory), a secret letter Elodie finds or is give by the Musician, it was actually Julianna that killed Elodies mother (I believe this. I don't care what the truth is. I don't like Julianna and all my deaths and problems are blamed on her.), etc.
-If you hire the Musician as an agent- she might come save you in the forest if she likes you. This causes Briony to fall in love with her instead of Elodie, and depending on how Elodie feels about the Musician, this could cause problems for Elodie's and Briony's friendship. (ElodieXMusican forever)
-If you hire the Musician as an agent- Elodie has the option to give her the spare Lumen crystal, and since, at first, all the Musician cares about is money, she can change the crystal to good.
Force Julianna to fight Togami. (she will die)
Some comment about Briony's love letters before the end
The option to send Briony a stuffed bunny named Mr. Hoppity if you like each other

Darksilverhawk

#10 Post by Darksilverhawk » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:51 pm

Situations using both the Animal Handling and Athletics skills sets, as it's already been pointed out both are severely underused.
I also support something more about the Earl of Pastry! I never really try for him as a marriage ending since we don't really know anything about him. Even just an unlock-able piece of art or something showing him might be cool.
Maybe a scene with Armand? I'd like to know a little more about him. (maybe finally give evil!Elodie a chance to slaughter her ENTIRE family?)
A few more character portraits/expressions for the major characters. (Oh how I'd love to see Joslyn in particular smile or frown or anything more emotive than what he has now.)

Oki

#11 Post by Oki » Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:59 pm

The ability to defeat the monster and or use your cruelty to somehow out cruelty Togami in a duel. A TOGAMI ENDING WOULD BE A PLUS. A joke / harem ending where everyone tries to marry you would be hilarious.

What, you thought my suggestions would be meaningful and NOT pairing related?

SilverBloodIllusion

#12 Post by SilverBloodIllusion » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:27 pm

OMG! Cruel Elodie should be able to throw Briony at the monster in order to save herself! "You don't have to be able to outrun the bear only the people you are with!" ... A way to fight it would be awesome though...
And a harem ending would be super funny!

hanako
Site Admin

#13 Post by hanako » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:32 pm

SilverBloodIllusion wrote:OMG! Cruel Elodie should be able to throw Briony at the monster in order to save herself! "You don't have to be able to outrun the bear only the people you are with!"
That is one of the outcomes to the forest adventure... Ditch Briony, run for it, then blame her mother for it afterwards, just to rub salt in the wound.

SilverBloodIllusion

#14 Post by SilverBloodIllusion » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:02 pm

[quote="hanako"][quote="SilverBloodIllusion"]OMG! Cruel Elodie should be able to throw Briony at the monster in order to save herself! "You don't have to be able to outrun the bear only the people you are with!"[/quote]

That [i]is[/i] one of the outcomes to the forest adventure... Ditch Briony, run for it, then blame her mother for it afterwards, just to rub salt in the wound.[/quote]

REALLY?!?! I guess I have to go play again! XD

RedSocialKnight

#15 Post by RedSocialKnight » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:24 pm

More in-play story consequences for the special projects like the printing press. You have to move heaven and earth to get that thing and then it doesn't really do anything except have a minor impact on the ending.

Seems like it wouldn't be too difficult to add a text event five weeks after getting the printing press: anonymous pamphleteers distribute praise/denunciations of the young monarch (depending on Elodie's cruelty and how much she's pleased the commoners).

And there could be a thing where Julianna and Selene argue over printing a treatise on the truth about lumens or whether that knowledge should continue to be passed only in person from teacher to pupil.

The same goes for that court musician/spy - she seems to tease a lot more than she pays off for.

And of course, a special outfit for people who already own the game but buy it again on Steam :P.
Last edited by RedSocialKnight on Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.