Guide me to a win please and thanks =)

Rule the world - or die trying!
zex95966

Guide me to a win please and thanks =)

#1 Post by zex95966 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:08 pm

I'm loving this game though I do find it a bit short, but maybe that's because time flies when your having fun.

Anyway my goal is to win the game... I know one way to win but I want to try and win without using any magic or faith if possible.

Anyone who has done this before or has any pointers in which skills and what mood I should be in to accomplish this - I would love to hear from you.

GSN22

#2 Post by GSN22 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:32 pm

You can't really get the best endings without using magic but, I would recommend a very high military rating with maybe some music/presence.

zex95966

#3 Post by zex95966 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:44 pm

on something like my 7th playthrough I managed to get decently far but I'm not quite sure what I'm lacking

*Spoilers ahead*

I got all the way up to having to kiss the evil persons ring finger, but soon after my people rebel and I lose - is there some sort of check I'm failing here?

hanako
Site Admin

#4 Post by hanako » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:47 pm

The revolt only happens if the commoners don't like you. That's based on earlier decisions rather than specific stats (though there are several stat-based ways to fix the problem once it develops)

zex95966

#5 Post by zex95966 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:14 am

hanako wrote:The revolt only happens if the commoners don't like you. That's based on earlier decisions rather than specific stats (though there are several stat-based ways to fix the problem once it develops)
thanks!

...curse those commoners =P

Ramidel

#6 Post by Ramidel » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:07 am

GSN22 wrote:You can't really get the best endings without using magic
There are some problems that you can't solve without magic. But you can deal with Togami and all the threats to your throne through nonmagical means.

To defeat Togami without using magic, you can either master military and either intrigue or economics to defeat him in a naval battle, or develop a whole lot of skills, like music, presence and foreign intelligence, to turn him good through music.

Togami's a very difficult adversary to defeat, period.

phoenixgirl

#7 Post by phoenixgirl » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:20 pm

Hi,

As others have mentioned, it's hard to get a good/best ending without using magic. If you choose to have Elodie not learn magic, the ending will always mention that the people don't trust lumens (or something to that effect) because Elodie will officially refuse her mother's lumen crystal.

I have gotten this non-magical ending, though. What I usually focused on was having high court manners, high artistry, high intrigue, and high military skills. I focused on royal demeanor as well but I put most of the focus on presence. That was mainly for the ball as well as to bluff/intimidate the Ixion representative during the negotiations.
Please help and support me here.

zex95966

#8 Post by zex95966 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:10 am

Thanks for everyone's help - just thought I'd let everyone know I managed to win the way I wanted.

It turned out differently from what I expected I find it's hard for me to stick to a plan beforehand because for example, by trying to please the commoners I ended up with totally different situations than I had before and had to figure out how to get past the new stuff - good fun though.