Sequel Talk - Magical Diary Wolf Hall

Male protagonist, in the Hall for bold and athletic boys.
Oki

#196 Post by Oki » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:46 pm

I prefer this art style exponentially. OH HAY DAMIEN LOL

ILoveDamienRamsey

#197 Post by ILoveDamienRamsey » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:15 pm

YEEEEEESSSS! I GET TO SEE DAMIEN IN THE NEXT GAME! <333333

Lethalin

#198 Post by Lethalin » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:54 am

=) Is the game coming out this year? xDD Hehe. I've played Horse Hall more then 35 times in the past few years, and would love to play the next installation. (What can I say? I really like this game!)

hanako
Site Admin

#199 Post by hanako » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:46 am

There is still not a single word of script written, so NO. :) Highly unlikely!

ILoveDamienRamsey

#200 Post by ILoveDamienRamsey » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:51 pm

I can help with it if you want Hanako :D

hanako
Site Admin

#201 Post by hanako » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:02 pm

What's a school without any teachers?

I do not currently expect us to see any other faculty/staff members in the next game because they're just not important enough for sprites, but I may drop in a few names as passing references. Maybe.

witchboy

#202 Post by witchboy » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:08 pm

Oh very nice.
We are getting boy x boy in this game, right :)

hanako
Site Admin

#203 Post by hanako » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:19 pm

Yes, but not with Grabby, sorry. :)

ILoveDamienRamsey

#204 Post by ILoveDamienRamsey » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:30 pm

Can I help you with the game Hanako? That way, it'll be out sooner! ^_^

witchboy

#205 Post by witchboy » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:31 pm

Boo! Grabby is way cuter here!
Ah well, I'm so pleased to have the option of playing a gay male in this game someday, I can forgive the lack of a romance with Grabby here, as I expect the boys we can chase will be wonderful in their own right :)

hanako
Site Admin

#206 Post by hanako » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:03 pm

ILoveDamienRamsey wrote:Can I help you with the game Hanako? That way, it'll be out sooner! ^_^
It wouldn't actually work that way - the amount of time it would take to explain everything needed to someone else and edit the results would actually make progress far slower, because I could be using that same time to write it myself.

Also, writing is the one thing I always do myself.

Write fanfic instead, keep people entertained while they're waiting. :)

FantasyFan

#207 Post by FantasyFan » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:32 am

The Grabiner sprite is awesome. Potsam seems a little off, though. Her face looks kinda weird.

Moondog

#208 Post by Moondog » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:57 pm

The new art style is. . .pretty exciting, actually. I like that Grabiner has a more chiseled/filled out look to him.

marunero

Love the Art

#209 Post by marunero » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:41 pm

I like it better than the original game, actually. I deferred from getting Horse Hall for a while because I thought it was going to be meant for a younger audience judging from the art style - and boy, was I wrong. I'm really happy that the character sprites seem to have more individuality than the previous game. For the record, my character in Horse Hall consistently looked like Logan with boobs...

I have a few questions/suggestions, though:
1. No one seemed to ask about the dugeon/exam. Shame, that happens to be one of my favorite parts of MD. Since it is the same year as the last game, are the exams themselves going to be the same? That would also mean that there's going to be a Thunder Dance, Maple Day, and all those other events of the last game, right?
2. In the last game, playing a pacifist blue-magic-loving goody two-shoes seemed to be the best solution to get through the tests. I seriously tortured my senior in three consecutive tries before I figured out I could just talk to him. I would like to see there be a better balance between the different disciplines/colors of magic. I hardly used green or white magic at all in the first game. I wish there can be more ways to solve a dungeon using these colors.
3. This might be hard because of the factor of the customizable MC, but I would like to see more CGs that vary for each character the player pursues - or maybe just CGs that don't include the player character in the frame, that would be so much simpler.
4. Other than that I don't have much else to say. I'm interested in dating the Eagle Hall guys besides Damien, but I don't think that's going to come into fruition until the next game - even if there is one, that's going to be at least a few years from now. If possible, I would like to meet new characters as well. Also, I'd love to be Donald and Luke's roommate instead of whoever they're dorming with in Horse Hall! :)

hanako
Site Admin

#210 Post by hanako » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:05 am

There are green solutions to (all, I think) the exams in the first game. (White, admittedly, was a little underpowered. There were exams you could solve with it, but mostly it was too expensive.) Honestly, I see a lot of feedback from people saying that X color was way overpowered and the only thing they ever needed to use... for totally different values of X. Many people never used Green. Many people used it all the time.

It was intended that you could get through most dungeons with every color and a huge range of options. After all, people feel pretty frustrated if they arrive at a dungeon and have no possible way to solve it. However, this also meant that many people never felt the need to look for alternate solutions once they'd found one that worked.

I'm still trying to figure out ways to properly encourage people into making different choices without doing the stupid thing of "you can only date this person if you grind this stat" because I hate that.

The major plot events like the festivals will be roughly the same, although different things may happen. The exams will not be all the same, although some might be similar. Too early to say!

We will be seeing some characters we haven't seen before (at least one of whom already has a sprite, but I'm trying to spread out the reveals)