Error pop-up when "start game" Fatal Hearts

Hints, favorite characters, and general discussion of the adventure game Fatal Hearts.
sku811

Error pop-up when "start game" Fatal Hearts

#1 Post by sku811 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:06 pm

I just brought and downloaded the full version of Fatal Hearts from Reflexive Acade, I ever get a start for the game! An error pop-up everytime when I clicked "start game". I have no idea what is going on?? :shock: :?

A tiny small window of error message pop-up saying like this:
"ERROR in
action number 1
of Create Event
for object dialog_controller
Error in function real()....

Abort or Ignore"

I clicked "ignore", the error message window didn't stopped and persist, its like stuck there, the game only ended when I finally clicked "Abort". never get an "start"??? :? :?:

My system is Vista (Home Basic), CPU 6420@ 2.13GHz, 2030RAM, ACPI x86 with 32-bit based PC, and got DirectX 10 installed.

I guess my system already meet this game requirement. Can anyone give me some advice what is error about? Many thanks!!! :?:
Last edited by sku811 on Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

hanako
Site Admin

#2 Post by hanako » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:25 pm

Is your Windows install set to a language other than English? This can confuse Windows when it tries to read files.

http://hanako.informe.com/viewtopic.php?t=84

sku811

Thanks so much!!! the error fixed.

#3 Post by sku811 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:10 am

Yes, I just checked the "System Regional Language" was being set to be "Traditional Chinese" for non-Unicode, and the current fonts setting was "English (US)". After I changed the "System Regional Language" to "English (US)", and run the game again, it works - the error gone! now I can start the game!! Thanks so much your help!!! :roll: :D