Cinders - a romantic fairytale VN

For discussion of games by other creators such as Aveyond and Spirited Heart.
thezooqueen

#16 Post by thezooqueen » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:15 am

TeeGee
I have been trying to join your forum. I need help LoL on my last ending *sob*

biscuit

#17 Post by biscuit » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:27 am

Just a couple comments for anyone else thinking of buying this game:

1) The writing was quite good, though with a few occasional typoes and some jarring phrases. (Color me old-fashioned, but 'weird' and 'ok' seem a little out of place in a semi-Renaissance setting)

2) Game mechanics wise, it was well done... sort of like a more grown-up choose your own adventure book, with gorgeous images. I liked the rewards/trophy system and how it updates the main page as well; I thought it was rather innovative.

After just one play through, I'm intrigued... I will definitely play it again, though probably not too soon. Like reading a book, I would prefer to forget a few things before launching right back in.

Theme/moral-wise, I really liked the updated fairytale concept, as well as the clever, innovative, and occasionally wry references and self-deprecation. Occasionally it seems a bit too concerned with being a 'mature' fairytale (reality vs imagination, fate vs choosing your own destiny) and was a bit heavy-handed, but I still enjoyed it overall.

Still a bit pricy for what I'm used to playing, but it still met my main criteria for games: provide me with at least twice as many hours of enjoyment as hours I'd have to work to make up for the cost! And after I do a few more playthroughs and unlock additional paths, I doubt I'll mind at all.

Pixelen

#18 Post by Pixelen » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:34 am

Sorry to jump in but it won't let me register on the moacube forum so thought I might as well ask here - does anyone know if there's ending where Sophia (the nice stepsister) ends up with the prince? I quite liked them together :P

thezooqueen

#19 Post by thezooqueen » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:45 am

The Wiki page doe not mention that. It would be nice though. :)

Deero

#20 Post by Deero » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:32 pm

Pixelen wrote:Sorry to jump in but it won't let me register on the moacube forum so thought I might as well ask here - does anyone know if there's ending where Sophia (the nice stepsister) ends up with the prince? I quite liked them together :P
Hey, Gloria is nice as well......just in her own way :)

thezooqueen

#21 Post by thezooqueen » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:38 pm

I imagine Sophie with the Prince.
Gloria with Tobias.
Cinder with Perrault

hehe :)

cae

#22 Post by cae » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:49 am

thezooqueen wrote:I imagine Sophie with the Prince.
Gloria with Tobias.
Cinder with Perrault

Haha! I like that too, I definitely liked Sophie and Basile...

By the way, there's a certain thing that Carmosa says, and I was wondering if anyone found a connection in the story to dig into it?

"Is that a storm coming over the horizon? It's one of those strange, cold ones... Without rain. I think I remember a storm like this. Many years ago. That night when she died..."

I was wondering who 'she' is... And what the comment means, but I'm not sure of how to delve into it more. Anyone know anything?

thezooqueen

#23 Post by thezooqueen » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:54 am

This is most likely because of the interference by the witch-doctor and or the fairy. They were in connection with Cinders mother's death also.

Does anyone know how to get Grim Fate with Perrot or however you spell the captains name?

cae

#24 Post by cae » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:16 am

Apparently... you have to become Tobias' lover, but be friends with Perault... Um, it doesn't make much sense to me. That's what the wiki said tho.

thezooqueen

#25 Post by thezooqueen » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:20 am

yeah I saw that also tried it and only Tobias showed up

TeeGee

#26 Post by TeeGee » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:58 pm

Hi,

Sorry for not replying to this thread earlier.

Our forums are indeed closed for registrations right now. We have some serious issues with spambots signing up en masse whenever we open it (somehow they bypass our captcha) and we have to fix it first. Sorry for the inconvenience.

There's no route in which Sophia ends up with the Prince. They way we see it, even if Cinders makes her overall situation better, she's still too insecure when the Ball happens.

To make Perrault appear on Cinders' grave, you just have to befriend him and not be in a romance with Tobias. There was some bug related to this in the earlier versions, so you may want to re-download the game first.

thezooqueen

#27 Post by thezooqueen » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:17 pm

Ok thank you very much!

I will ask my friend in network securities how he dealt with the spam bot problem on his forum. My email is thezooqueen@yahoo.com id you email me when I get the infor from him I can pass it on to you. :)

Best of luck <3

Deero

#28 Post by Deero » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:27 pm

thezooqueen wrote:I imagine Sophie with the Prince.
Gloria with Tobias.
Cinder with Perrault

hehehehe nice one but Tobias needs a smarter girl than Gloria, don't you think?

thezooqueen

#29 Post by thezooqueen » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:42 pm

I think Gloria is smart, but not able to handle the pressure. Always having things forced on you to be perfect like your Mother wants will lead to poor choice decisions. But that is just my opinion.

TeeGee

#30 Post by TeeGee » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:16 pm

Yeah. For us, Gloria was always smart, but she's too much in the shadow of her mother to allow for independent thinking.