Regarding romance endings... (Charlotte discussion)

Rule the world - or die trying!
Traveler7

Regarding romance endings... (Charlotte discussion)

#1 Post by Traveler7 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:34 am

Just finished the game for the first time thanks to a friend buying it for me. Long time fan of your games. So. Just a question... Is it possible to romance Charlotte? Or, will it be possible to do so in future? The whole best friends thing they had going on at start made me hopeful for it since they were adorable together...

Edit: It occurs to me I should've looked on the forums more, introduced myself formally maybe, that sort of thing. To quote Roger, i'll get to it.

hanako
Site Admin

#2 Post by hanako » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:22 pm

As an actual in-game option, not gonna happen. (My brain is still going "But they're cousins!")

On the other hand I did have a bit of art commissioned that I thought you might appreciate. :)

http://riiko23.deviantart.com/art/Commi ... -315438046

vicky7778

#3 Post by vicky7778 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:00 am

hanako wrote:As an actual in-game option, not gonna happen. (My brain is still going "But they're cousins!")

On the other hand I did have a bit of art commissioned that I thought you might appreciate. :)

http://riiko23.deviantart.com/art/Commi ... -315438046
But you know, even back then cousins used to marry each other.
Not that i approve it.

Also a question about charlotte:

My checklist if full and I have been trying every scene that could come to me in the game.

ButDoes charlotte actually knows she's a lumen and did she know about the chocolate? because i do be sad when i have to kill her

Also another question.

The part when elodie wanted to talk to charlotte about the incident with the snake bite and elodie sended a letter to see her but she didn't come to the party, is there anyway in the game how elodie can see her at gwenelle's party without killing her mother and making her sad, because killing her father didn't help either.

hanako
Site Admin

#4 Post by hanako » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:16 am

Getting into heavy spoilers territory here!

Charlotte is completely innocent. She's not a Lumen, only a potential one. She knows she has healing powers, but she doesn't know that her mother is a Lumen, and she doesn't know that her mother is trying to kill Elodie.

If Lucille is still alive, she will generally try to keep Charlotte and Elodie apart in order to stop anyone from figuring out about Charlotte's powers, and through them, guessing that Lucille is a secret Lumen.

Of course, if you get Elodie's father killed Elodie and Charlotte may end up spending more time together. Especially if Lucille succeeds in making sure that Elodie won't have children...

Oki

#5 Post by Oki » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:50 pm

WHAT HOW DOES SHE DO THAT

THERE'S SO MUCH TO THIS GAME I DONT KNOW AND I DID THE CHECKLIST BAW
I've been here so long even Hanako is sick of me

hanako
Site Admin

#6 Post by hanako » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:47 pm

I can't put everything on the checklist, it would go on all day! :)

I'm just CRAZY WITH BRANCHING.

Oki

#7 Post by Oki » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:48 pm

hanako wrote:I can't put everything on the checklist, it would go on all day! :)

I'm just CRAZY WITH BRANCHING.
You mad genius

vicky7778

#8 Post by vicky7778 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:23 pm

I'm sorry hanako that comment i made above was supposed to be white. I thought i did change the font color.

Yes i was quite shocked when killing/acusse charlotte's father at the gala wasn't on the checklist.

Spoiler don't look!! I'm trying to change the font color!! Sorry if it doesn't work!

In the game i really wanted to talk to charlotte when after the snake incident, elodie sees her lumen mentor about what she didn't understand with the glow. Elodie wanted to talk to charlotte about it but charlotte never stopped by, is there any how i can actually talk to her about the snake incident at the party?

hanako
Site Admin

#9 Post by hanako » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:02 pm

Not at the moment, because of the people trying to keep you apart.

If you reconcile with Lucille you might talk with Charlotte off-camera about it but since there's no real information to be gained it doesn't get a scene... the important information which was being hinted at has already been learned.

The thing that Elodie's mentor doesn't understand is that the special powers (Charlotte's healing, Elodie's glowing) happen not just because they're children of lumen, but they're children of one active lumen + one potential lumen. Because Elodie's mom was a full Lumen and her father *could* have been one. The same is true for Charlotte. But that's not really something that anybody entirely understands in-game, since you can't find out about Elodie's father unless bad things happen.

(For font coloring you have to make sure the end-color tag is at the end of the text you were changing to white, otherwise it changes to white and instantly back to black again.)

Kirroha

#10 Post by Kirroha » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:31 am

Eh? Laurent is a Lumen? Oh yeah, he must be a potential one since he's Fidelia's brother...

vicky7778

#11 Post by vicky7778 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:03 pm

is laurent as innocent with charlotte?

hanako
Site Admin

#12 Post by hanako » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:25 pm

That's a judgment call.

Is he actively planning to have you killed? No.

However, Charlotte is a little girl who loves her mommy. Laurent is an adult fully aware of the dangers and difficulties of politics. With everything that Lucille is up to, Laurent really ought to at least be suspicious. So either he's a complete idiot and doesn't notice anything, or he's choosing not to pay attention.

That doesn't mean he's evil. He could be so love-struck that he really doesn't want to notice anything odd that his wife does. He could be so depressed by his sister's death that he doesn't care about anything anymore. His wife could be drugging or magicing him into doing her bidding. There's no way for Elodie to know.

How Laurent really feels about what's going on isn't in the game. There aren't even clues about it. So I'm not giving definitive answers to this one. :) The only thing that is in the game is one epilogue outcome that shows you how Lucille really feels about Laurent. Anyone seen what happens if you try to banish them?

Oki

#13 Post by Oki » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:40 pm

/goes to see/

Well shit. So much for me ever sparing her. She just does everything for power.

I mean I respect that but no way am I losing to her XD

vicky7778

#14 Post by vicky7778 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:52 am

How Laurent really feels about what's going on isn't in the game. There aren't even clues about it. So I'm not giving definitive answers to this one. :) The only thing that is in the game is one epilogue outcome that shows you how Lucille really feels about Laurent. Anyone seen what happens if you try to banish them?
sadly yes i did see that ending.
Poor Laurent, I guess since their banish Lucille has no use of him anymore.

Another question with Banion's sister Brin, would it really matter in the game if you made her a commoner or execute her.
I mean if she is a commner would she strike back with the peasant uprising.
Just what really will having her be a commoner effect???