sssssssss (team) - Magical Diary

Female protagonist, in the hall for adventurous girls.
hanako
Site Admin

sssssssss (team) - Magical Diary

#1 Post by hanako » Thu May 31, 2012 8:28 pm

Yes, I will eventually be able to offer steam keys to anyone who already bought the game. I just don't have them yet.

And if you want to know how long this thing has been in the works - remember back when I said I'd write a Big Steve path if we got accepted? :) While both the Big Steve patch AND this release took for-bloody-ever to be finalised, they have been in planning for a VERY LONG TIME.

But with all the fits and starts, I didn't want to announce anything ahead of time and have people waiting on something that might still go wrong. After all, you would have been pretty disappointed if you'd been waiting since way back then!

(For that matter, I sort of regret mentioning the possibility of a sequel, considering that it still hasn't managed to even get started, and I know there are people who still think it's going to happen this year. Even if we started right now, we'd never be done in 2012.)

Oki

#2 Post by Oki » Thu May 31, 2012 9:51 pm

That's really great Hanako! I'm happy for you! Also, it just looks plain snazzy on that site.

edit:

Oh and the sequel thing? We'll live, trust me (I'm so poor right now, baw) the wait makes it all the better!
I've been here so long even Hanako is sick of me

LateWhiteRabbit

#3 Post by LateWhiteRabbit » Thu May 31, 2012 11:54 pm

Congratulations. Your games definitely deserve to be on Steam. I hope to see you catapulted to even greater levels of success with the access to a wider audience!

perch

#4 Post by perch » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:30 am

Congrats Hanako! The power of Big Steve and Mister Foppity has made this possible. *high fives the bunny*

This really is fantastic. I hope the game sells well enough they approach you, perform whatever arcane magic is required to ask/request for some of your older titles as well. And newer. Long Live the Queen is pretty damn sweet and pretty. Also really challenging to 'win'.

Bombermans

#5 Post by Bombermans » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:18 pm

OMG FINALLY. Congratulations! And it has achievements! Can't wait to get one of those steam keys!

I definitely hope that your newer and older games get released too! Long Live the Queen was just AWESOME, and I really really wanna buy and play Fatal Hearts too! (And if it's on Steam, better XD)

I'm really glad that a small but so great company like yours finally made out to Steam :D

hanako
Site Admin

#6 Post by hanako » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:05 am

Steam keys can be obtained by forwarding your email receipt for the game to my support address.

Bombermans

#7 Post by Bombermans » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:19 pm

Then I'm going to do it now! :D

Just a thought. Maybe you should now only allow the bought of the game through Steam? Or at least give a link at the game's website? I know that the DRM is a problem, and even though probably Steam gets a percentage of the boughts, I think that earning more sales through it would help to increase the advertising, and that could be the chance to upload more games in the future. :D

And what about the new sales that are not from Steam? Would they be able to get a Steam Key too?

hanako
Site Admin

#8 Post by hanako » Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:25 pm

It would be bad for the rest of the games on the site for one game to encourage people to wander off somewhere else, though.

Nada

Woo!

#9 Post by Nada » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:12 am

I just saw that you where on steam now! I remember writing feedback with some of my friends to steam because we buy almost everything from either steam or amazon. Congratulations!=)

RyanA

#10 Post by RyanA » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:38 pm

Congratulations! :D It's nice to see some (awesome) visual novel/dating sims up on steam, when I first saw it, I scrolled past in, then back up, gawked and thought '^_^'