Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side 1st Love

So, you want to be a game maker? It might be easier than you think! Come here and see...
Sara

Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side 1st Love

#1 Postby Sara » Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:05 pm

As some of you already knew, there was a group translating this game for the DS. :)
Now the patch is finally 100% ready and you can download it here: http://sites.google.com/site/tokimemogs ... note-v-0-9

Here's the official website: http://www.konami.jp/gs/game/Girls_Side/1st_Love/

If you do now know what this game is about, it's a complex Dating Sim + Raising Sim. You play as a girl and there are many different endings you can get depending on your stats/relationships.

I've been playing it for some hours and it's sooo entertaining. :D

hanako
Site Admin

#2 Postby hanako » Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:28 am

Because of the dubious nature of patches when it comes to DS games, be advised that I have an eye on this thread and people had best be careful waht they say, If You Know What I Mean. :)

lill_sweetty

#3 Postby lill_sweetty » Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:47 pm

This game is EXCELLENT. I mean, there's a reason why it launched what is probably THE most well-known (and in my opinion, best) otome dating sim. My only problem with it is that getting the ending you want is so much harder than with a straight-up VN. But it's a hugely ambitious game, and very well-executed. Some of its features:

-Clothing/Shopping. Different styles affect different guy's love meter. Special clothes for special occasions. Accessorizing (he'll comment if you wear something he likes, or if it's something he gave to you!)
-Holidays~~! And what does that mean? Presents (giving and receiving)! Christmas, Valentine's, Birthdays, White Day, New Years ect.
-Dates (with about 20 locations, with seasonal changes and 2/3 convo apiece per season per place) & extension convo after dates or at cafes after school. You can definitely get to know your guy.
-Skinship! *squeeee* See your guys blush.
-Girl friendships/rivalry. You can even shoot for a life-long friendship endings with them, which is really sweet (strictly no gxg though, sorry).
-Absolutely fantastic voicing. (Can anyone say Himuro-sensei, or Keikun?) It's now also full-voice, so he'll talk on dates too.
-Good art. Character designs and CG works still look attractive, after many years. And did I mention the CGs are delish?
-Cute guys, and very touching endings. It by no means has an "epic" storyline, but the slice-of-life feel is perfect. You really adore both the guys and the school by the end of the "3 years". I even dropped a tear at my first graduation. xD
-60+ hrs of gameplay, easy (especially if you go for "full" complete with all endings).
-Well-written dialogue. This game cracks me up! xD (intentionally and unintentionally)

There's actually a fan translation in the works for TMGS2nd kiss, too, which is not yet out but will be completed in probably about a month or so. So otome lovers rejoice! Seriously, after about 5 years of waiting, I'm so excited. *sigh* if only Konami will take the risk (but of course they won't. Might have to do with the (hot) dateable teacher, and (not so hot) dateable 50 years old principal and obviously gay designer. But I consider the last 2 gags and hilarious though, so I don't mind. xD).
Last edited by lill_sweetty on Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sara

#4 Postby Sara » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:05 pm

lill_sweetty wrote:This game is EXCELLENT. I mean, there's a reason why it launched what is probably THE most well-known (and in my opinion, best) otome dating sim. My only problem with it is that getting the ending you want is so much harder than with a straight-up VN.

True that, I was after Kazuka on my second playthrough, I had the open-mouthed smiling/orange smiley, and then he suddenly started dating my rival and I lost all the progress I had with him.

I got Tendou Jin on my first playthrough, though, and I was pleasantly surprised. :)

I'm really liking this game so far.

lill_sweetty

#5 Postby lill_sweetty » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:37 pm

I know. I liked all the girls, and then they commenced to steal my guys. :( Is that what friends are for?!

Tendou Jin is one I wished they had turned into a full-fledged guy (he's a secret DS-exclusive chara). Much better than the principal or the designer. xD He's one of my faves, actually, for all his handful of scenes. Helpful that his CGs and character design is gorgeous.

People might find this walkthrough helpful. I think it's the best one out there. The game is quite tricky (sometimes blood-inducingly addictive):

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ds/934799-tokim ... faqs/48851

hanako
Site Admin

#6 Postby hanako » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:36 pm

*sigh*

PEOPLE. PLEASE.

I have already had to delete one post from this thread.

Do not ask legally-dubious questions. Not on the forum thread. NOT EVEN IN PMs. This is an official forum; I can't let that kind of thing slide.

If you own the game you can certainly talk about playing it, but if people don't play nice I'll have to delete the topic. :)

xXNight_WingsXx

#7 Postby xXNight_WingsXx » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:51 pm

Hi guys!

I was wondering, how do you use an english patch for the Nintendo Ds? I've always wanted to play this game, but I can't b/c of the language barrier...

cae

#8 Postby cae » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:28 pm

If you go to the link for the patch, there's a patching tutorial.

xXNight_WingsXx

#9 Postby xXNight_WingsXx » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:26 pm

Does it explain how to get it on my Nintendo Ds? If so thanks!

biscuit

#10 Postby biscuit » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:28 pm

Oh wow! Looking at this, I feel like I got the 'original' for what Lucky Rabbit Reflex was based off! (Sad, that apparently I don't know my gaming history/inspirations!)

Anyways, now I have another game on my 'to get' list. :)

Return to “Make your Own Games!”