Frozen Essence (visual novel for girls)

So, you want to be a game maker? It might be easier than you think! Come here and see...
Damien's~

#31 Post by Damien's~ » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:20 am

I played this a while back, I highly recommend it - Caius will steal your heart!! And there are SO many endings!
By the way, Hanako - I adore Dragon Age. You officially just went up a few places in my book.

animeluver45

#32 Post by animeluver45 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:56 am

My computer won't let me play it... Damn it :cry:

kyoli

#33 Post by kyoli » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:36 pm

caius was a favorite of mine. (he was the first i went after of course! i have a thing for the dark and mysterious types) which mean i was super excited when i figured out how to go for the oracle! (he was my other favorite)

DarthSnuggles

#34 Post by DarthSnuggles » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:22 am

I played this game a while back, though I don't think I completely finished it (meaning, I didn't go through and get ALL the available endings). I definitely did see at least one ending for each of the guys, though, and although I think the writing could be tighter, I enjoyed the game. At least one of the endings WILL make you cry, though.

I also found it really frustrating that your protagonist character is so helpless throughout the game--I tend to prefer romances with stronger heroines. One thing in its favor, though, is that the game is REALLY long. The creator has basically written a novella for each character's path, and a lot of things happen in each storyline. The end of the festival is really only the beginning of the game.

All in all, not my favorite game, but very cute, and I think a lot of people on this forum will enjoy it. If Damien's ending in Magical Diary was your favorite, you'll definitely like the guys in Frozen Essence!