Fantasia Requiem of The Abyss, FINISHED!

So, you want to be a game maker? It might be easier than you think! Come here and see...

Fave guy?

Cain
63%
Volg
8%
Raven
8%
Nazim
14%
Cyrus
6%
Klavios
2%

Total votes: 51

Verothix

#46 Postby Verothix » Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:15 am

Yes they are. If I knew russian I would have sended a removing request right now. They are stealing money from people with a free game than doesnt belong to them.

Spazzbunny

#47 Postby Spazzbunny » Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:29 am

>.< That's pretty disguting, aside from being illegal.

Ah, if you don't mind me asking, how did you get Raven's good ending? I'm afraid that I must be doing something wrong as well. xD

sayuri

#48 Postby sayuri » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:34 am

Spazzbunny: You need to buy the Ultima Gear, have either Volug or Cain test the rune gun, and pick "It's not stupid" talking about the novels.

Spazzbunny

#49 Postby Spazzbunny » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:59 am

Really? Haha, I'll try again. Knowing me, I just did something stupid along the way. -.- Thank you very much, though!

EDIT: Ah! I finally got it. Thank you very, very much this time. xD

azureXtwilight

#50 Postby azureXtwilight » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:53 am

I don't know russian, anyone please help?

This is a free game, not commercial, and not made by hanako games.

hanako
Site Admin

#51 Postby hanako » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:09 am

I would guess that they found the game on the forums here and weren't very good at English so assumed it belonged to me since my name's on the forums? They do NOT appear to be charging money as far as I can tell - if I click the big download button it just forwards me to a free upload site and gives me a download of the game.

If you're seeing a request for money, it might be for part of the free upload site offering to sell you a membership to get faster downloads, a lot of rapidshare-like places do that.

There *are* pirates who steal games (even free games!) and then try to sell them but as far as I can tell this isn't a case of that. (Unless running the exe prompts you for money, but I'm not crazy enough to RUN an exe downloaded from a random untrustworthy site!)

Spiky Caterpillar

#52 Postby Spiky Caterpillar » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:29 am

Unfortunately, I *AM* stupid enough to run a downloaded exe (by accident - stupid Firefox defaults to OPENING things if you opened the last thing you downloaded, and some idiot figured that it was a good idea to set up Gnome to automatically open exe files in Wine. So I got to spend a couple of hours tracing it to see if it had done anything horrible to my poor insufficiently defended computer.)

Summary:

It doesn't appear to have done anything to my computer - however, I'm running Linux. There's a possibility that it has malicious payloads that only work right if you run it under real versions of Windows.

The file is to be 8 megs, served by 'googloads.ru'. It pops up what appears to be a fake Russian WinRar interface; if you click the right buttons, it will then display a progress bar for a while before stopping and displaying a message that translates roughly as 'WARNING! This archive is password protected! To enter the password, select your country.' and gives a list of countries to choose from.

When you select a country, it will then instruct you to SMS a code to a number to receive the password. The code and number vary by country. Most likely, the scammer is collecting money off the SMS fees for the password requests; I seriously doubt that it actually installs anything even resembling the game. The number for Russia was, IIRC, 3858 - which, interestingly, was also the one of the two SMS numbers used to collect money in a scam targeting users of Ukrainian ISP bigmir.net in February. I don't know if Bigmir operates in Russia as well or if Russian and Ukrainian SMS systems are linked.

It looks like the other stuff on googloads.ru is all 8meg .exes, so I suspect googloads is probably running the scam; mskd.ru looks like a standard-issue warez portal; if you can figure out enough Russian to sign up and/or comment, their users would probably actually appreciate being told that it's FAKE and where to get the real game free, and the admins might as well.

azureXtwilight

#53 Postby azureXtwilight » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:21 pm

Is that so? Thank goodness then :lol:

However, if it was a fake, then they are tricking people into getting files! :shock:

wonderlander544

#54 Postby wonderlander544 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:54 am

About the walkthrough, I'm sorry. I did it while replaying the game from the saves, not playing it for the first time. If anybody wants they can modify it. For Raven's good ending:
Choose But that means you're running away from your rsponsibility.
You're lucky, having a mom like that.
I like Family Love
It's not stupid.
Along with the Volg or Cain choice. If you pick Klavios you'll get Normal ending. If you pick Cain, Cain doesn't die in the end. If you pick Volg, he dies.

azureXtwilight

#55 Postby azureXtwilight » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:11 pm

If you want to learn about the third game :

http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=7425

k24601

#56 Postby k24601 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:06 pm

Sorry if this has been brought up before, but the game crashes and I get a huge error message/log when trying to play cards when you go to gamble. Other than that so far no problems. Fun game.

AnimeMint

#57 Postby AnimeMint » Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:24 pm

Cool game!~ I just love Cain and Valen... Oswald is awesome! xD
Can't wait for the third game!!!

azureXtwilight

#58 Postby azureXtwilight » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:48 am

k24601 wrote:Sorry if this has been brought up before, but the game crashes and I get a huge error message/log when trying to play cards when you go to gamble. Other than that so far no problems. Fun game.

According to this, neither versions of cardgame are compatible with the current version of Ren'Py

@animemint : Thank you!

flwriter124

#59 Postby flwriter124 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:10 am

hmmm... no offense but I must insist on checking spelling more(dont feel bad about it, I unfortunatly am a perfectionist and daughter of a teacher so im a spelling nazi :? ) I used the walkthrough to get the last of the endings (i only needed two) but am still missing pictures for the gallery.... Which path is Raven's second shooting picture on? and the last of the "others" is blank....:( i realy wanna see them, i realy like all the other pictures.

azureXtwilight

#60 Postby azureXtwilight » Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:13 pm

flwriter124 wrote:hmmm... no offense but I must insist on checking spelling more(dont feel bad about it, I unfortunatly am a perfectionist and daughter of a teacher so im a spelling nazi :? ) I used the walkthrough to get the last of the endings (i only needed two) but am still missing pictures for the gallery.... Which path is Raven's second shooting picture on? and the last of the "others" is blank....:( i realy wanna see them, i realy like all the other pictures.

Sorry about that, after making the scripts I hand them to my proofreader so I just put what they have proofreaded... :D

Umm, check the walktrhough? It will open after you've obtained all endings (and solve the murder case)

Return to “Make your Own Games!”