Prince Maker (now available)

So, you want to be a game maker? It might be easier than you think! Come here and see...
Aletea

Prince Maker (now available)

#1 Postby Aletea » Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:07 pm

This is a Chinese doujin game based on the Princess Maker series and - best of all - it's being translated! I can read some Chinese so I've been playing it, and it's a lot of fun. For those of you unfamiliar with the Princess Maker series, it's the same sort of game as Cute Knight.

At this point, the translation itself is finished, but they're just checking it over. Here's to hoping they release the English version soon!

http://princemakerproject.wordpress.com/about/
Last edited by Aletea on Wed May 30, 2012 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Naiomi666

#2 Postby Naiomi666 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:14 am

i don't know whether to be glad you showed me this or not. On one hand im glad i now know the website where this game is at. on the other its still in the process of getting it finishing it up so i fustrated that i cannot play it(not in a bad way).

i cannot wait until this game is out!

Sara

#3 Postby Sara » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:15 pm

I'm part of the translation group, in case you want to ask me something.
I am the image/video editor and my part is done at this point (if you want, you can check the english opening video here). The script translation is also finished. We only have one translator, currently. (There used to be another person, I think, who's MIA right now.) She's rechecking the script translation now but she's doing it all by herself, so the progress is going slowly and a second pair of eyes would be really welcome, so if you know anyone with chinese skills please contact us if you want to play the game in english soon as possible. XD

If not, your support would be enough. Just drop a comment on the blog, or something, I'm sure Rikiki (the translator) would feel more encouraged that way.

We've got the approval of the group who developed the game and if it goes well, we might translate some other games in the Prince Maker series (including the upcoming one, Prince Maker: Renascence, which looks simply stunning). We just wish we had *at least* another translator in our team. ;)

Odjin

#4 Postby Odjin » Tue May 11, 2010 10:19 pm

Well at least the site tells me how to install the Chinese version. My game always crashed and now I know why.

As a fan of all the Princess Maker games I've been wanting to play that.

Can't wait for an English version, glad that the fans are working on that.
ImageImageImage

machnist

#5 Postby machnist » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:35 am

Sara wrote:I'm part of the translation group, in case you want to ask me something.
I am the image/video editor and my part is done at this point (if you want, you can check the english opening video here). The script translation is also finished. We only have one translator, currently. (There used to be another person, I think, who's MIA right now.) She's rechecking the script translation now but she's doing it all by herself, so the progress is going slowly and a second pair of eyes would be really welcome, so if you know anyone with chinese skills please contact us if you want to play the game in english soon as possible. XD

If not, your support would be enough. Just drop a comment on the blog, or something, I'm sure Rikiki (the translator) would feel more encouraged that way.

We've got the approval of the group who developed the game and if it goes well, we might translate some other games in the Prince Maker series (including the upcoming one, Prince Maker: Renascence, which looks simply stunning). We just wish we had *at least* another translator in our team. ;)

oh wow keep up the good work guys!

k24601

#6 Postby k24601 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:19 am

This is cool. I hope though that it doesn't become an issue if somebody does something similar though. I don't have a title for it yet and no special plot but there's a couple of boy raising projects I'd like to finish someday that were inspired by Princess Maker and wanting to do such has been in my mind ever since I first started playing Princess Maker from a long time ago. Yours will probably be better anyway since I have troubles in various areas, especially art. But I still want to try and will still want to make boy raising games especially at least a few games inspired by the Princess Maker series but with raising boys instead of girls.

And I wish I knew things, especially Chinese, well enough to help out. I would love to work with you guys on such projects too and with others on similar projects but I'm afraid I'm pretty useless as I am. *sigh*

Good luck though!

Cupid101

#7 Postby Cupid101 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:55 pm

Sara wrote:I'm part of the translation group, in case you want to ask me something.

PLEASE TELL ME THAT YOU'LL TRANSLATE A FEW OF THE THE ACTUAL PRINCESS GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY'RE SO MUCH FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Aletea

#8 Postby Aletea » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:00 am

I don't know for sure, but I don't think they're going to do that. The Princess Maker games are commercial - meaning a fan-translation of them would be illegal (unless it was a translation patch you personally applied to the real game, which I think those might be legal...not sure). The Prince Maker games were made by fans, and they even got permission to translate them.

Also, the Princess Maker games are in Japanese, while the Prince Maker games are in Chinese...so they'd need different translators :)

shanie0

LOL

#9 Postby shanie0 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:30 pm

Lol How I wish I didn't stop learning Chinese :( I regret it now...Now I only remember the numbers LOL :lol: :oops:

biscuit

#10 Postby biscuit » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:43 pm

Super-excited when this comes out in English. :D

shanie0

Hehe

#11 Postby shanie0 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:11 pm

Me too~ :3
It's quite rare (for me at least) to find MALE raising simulation games, so I am quite excited to see how this will come out. :D
So far I've only played Female raising simulation games...daughters, daughters, and daughters XD

Aletea

#12 Postby Aletea » Wed May 30, 2012 7:17 pm

Prince Maker Braveness is now available in English for download!

I was one of the testers for it, and it's fabulous. Go check it out!

http://princemakerproject.wordpress.com ... #more-1089

shanie0

#13 Postby shanie0 » Thu May 31, 2012 2:23 am

:D Wow! It really is! I'm downloading it right now actually, are there no minimum requirements?
Well, I'll just hope my ancient of a pc won't hang on me. :lol:

Aletea

#14 Postby Aletea » Thu May 31, 2012 2:26 am

As far as I know, there's no minimum requirements to run it. At least, I don't think any of the tester's had any problems - but then, I don't know if any of us had older computers.

shanie0

#15 Postby shanie0 » Thu May 31, 2012 2:33 am

Whew, I've played Princess Maker 2 and I had no problems at all. Perhaps I won't run into any crashes. :D
262,696 KB and a patch XD

Return to “Make your Own Games!”