Choice of the Dragon

So, you want to be a game maker? It might be easier than you think! Come here and see...
RedSocialKnight

Choice of the Dragon

#1 Post by RedSocialKnight » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:32 pm

The same friend who created a flash version of Alter Ego (that I at first thought was an original game!) now really has written a game of his own. It's called "Choice of the Dragon" and it's a life sim in which you play as a ... well, you know.

Check it out!

http://www.choiceofgames.com/dragon/

hanako
Site Admin

#2 Post by hanako » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:25 pm

You finished with the following stats:

Brutality: 9

Cunning: 53

Disdain: 49

Wealth 13400 gold coins.
I enjoyed! :)

RedSocialKnight

#3 Post by RedSocialKnight » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:02 am

There's now a second game in similar style: Choice of Broadsides, which has a sort of Master-and-Commander-style navy setting. It's better-written and more in-depth than Choice of the Dragon.

The funny thing is, they followed history in having a limited role for women, but created the option of playing in a gender-switched universe wherein the Royal Navy is staffed entirely by women, and the men stay home raising the kids.

Anyway, fun. Go here: http://www.choiceofgames.com/broadsides/

IsobelS

#4 Post by IsobelS » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:02 pm

RedSocialKnight wrote:The funny thing is, they followed history in having a limited role for women, but created the option of playing in a gender-switched universe wherein the Royal Navy is staffed entirely by women, and the men stay home raising the kids.
I LOVE THIS.

I'm not really into this sort of game, but I played through quite a bit of it anyway, just because of the unique setting! How cool!

Jonquille

#5 Post by Jonquille » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:14 am

I've tried at least 5 times, but every time (and i tried just using my internet, so i know it's the game)
but i'll press "next" and it'll freeze mozilla =/
any tips on how to fix it? ;-;

azureXtwilight

#6 Post by azureXtwilight » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:27 pm

I never got a mate...

Any tips?

hanako
Site Admin

#7 Post by hanako » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:43 pm

I actually met these guys at an interactive fiction lunch while I was in California...

(Sorry, can't give you any tips though.)

azureXtwilight

#8 Post by azureXtwilight » Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:59 am

hanako wrote:I actually met these guys at an interactive fiction lunch while I was in California...

I meant at the chapter when the dragon wants to find a mate, I keep failing in getting one. Maybe the dragon isn't supposed to get one.

lill_sweetty

#9 Post by lill_sweetty » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:16 am

No, it's definitely possible, although tricky.

First, pick RIGHT. If you are a cunning dragon, go for the dragon mate that is cunning. If brutal, go for the one that is brutal. Pick the mate that best fits your dragon, and make sure your dragon has a high enough stat in that category to secure your mate, as you have to pass some sort of courtship trial.

The decision when wooing your dragon also counts. I was going for the cunning dragon, and we played a chess game. The first time, I didn't win. The second time, I decided to cheat on the game, but that didn't work either. So I went back and focused A LOT on my cunning, and didn't cheat, and I got him as a mate.

It doesn't do much though. You spend some time with your mate and then he sleeps... Anyways... hope that helped.

Esphirisa

#10 Post by Esphirisa » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:41 am

Haha, I couldn't get my mate either. Oh well. It was fun ^_^ :lol:

RedSocialKnight

#11 Post by RedSocialKnight » Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:45 pm

hanako wrote:I actually met these guys at an interactive fiction lunch while I was in California...

Wha...?

That means you met me! Sort of. I am not Dan or Adam, I am the redhead hanging around on the fringes of the group, and now that I look back I think I remember seeing you up at the head of the table.

hanako
Site Admin

#12 Post by hanako » Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:26 pm

I was along the middle of the table somewhere next to the guy with lots of hair (and that was Spiky Caterpillar). It was the first meetup; if there's been another since, I wasn't there, I'm back in England now. Sadly I really don't remember anyone who was there except Dan because we chattered at highspeed at each other and Keith/Mousechief because I had met him previously.

Well, if I'm in SF again when a meeting happens I could potentially turn up sometime, but it's a leeetle bit far away now. :) The Caterpillar lives in that neck of the woods, so he's more likely to show up again.