Newbie interested in creating a visual novel

So, you want to be a game maker? It might be easier than you think! Come here and see...
Mayu-chan

Newbie interested in creating a visual novel

#1 Post by Mayu-chan » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:21 am

Heya, everybody! I'm Mayu, and I've been checking out the site for a while, I've only recently joined the forums. Viewing through all of this inspired me to put one of my own stories into a game, and I was hoping I could get some advice and information on what sort of programs to use.

Essentially, I'm looking at creating a visual novel romance/adventure story, with multiple endings, using my own artwork and my own original story. I have Adobe Photoshop, and was hoping to find a program where I could do my art in Photoshop, save it as a JPG or something similar, and then upload it to use in the game. If anyone has any recommendations, I'd love to hear them. Or, if there's someone interested in helping me, I could always fill you in on the story, though it's still under development.

Thank you for your time, everyone!

Calixte9

#2 Post by Calixte9 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:06 am

Hello, it you go to the stickied thread at the top of this page you can get more information about programs but I think a good one to use for visual novels is Ren'Py. It's actually quite easy after you get used to it and you it's got a lot of features which aren't hard to grasp. It allows you to use your own art work (in fact you, practically have to. :lol: ) and music and there is a wide range of window skin themes.