Destiny: "You Were Never My Friend"

So, you want to be a game maker? It might be easier than you think! Come here and see...
Calixte9

#16 Post by Calixte9 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:55 am

The Felix gift thing has been mentioned above and unfortunately there's nothing you can do to get around it but I have fixed it in the game. And what's your happiness? Because if your happiness if in negatives, then your visual arts will go down if you take the class. :lol:

phoenixgirl

#17 Post by phoenixgirl » Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:25 pm

Hi Calixte,

I finally have a chance to play through the demo and I'm liking it so far. I haven't gotten very far, though. At the moment, I'm on board the ship but all I can do is talk to the other students. I can't go outside and I don't know what else to do. (BTW, I'm playing as Lynette.) Any tips to help?

Also, I noticed that when the game opens up, it does so in full screen mode. Is it possible to have an option where it does so in windows mode as well?

Update: Ok, I'm off the ship now. I did find some bugs, though, but I'll post them here when I have free time later (I have to go to work soon).
Please help and support me here.

hikari_rekka

#18 Post by hikari_rekka » Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:06 am

Calixte9 wrote:The Felix gift thing has been mentioned above and unfortunately there's nothing you can do to get around it but I have fixed it in the game. And what's your happiness? Because if your happiness if in negatives, then your visual arts will go down if you take the class. :lol:
So, I have to ignore Felix for the rest of the game? And happiness is in -12... I'm trying to fix it by letting her eat food.

Edit: In Rising Phoenix, there's this glitch where if I go into this huge house and I go to the roof, the door opens at the entrance and I can't move.
Last edited by hikari_rekka on Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Calixte9

#19 Post by Calixte9 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:25 am

hikari_rekka wrote:So, I have to ignore Felix for the rest of the game?
Unfortunately, yes :( .
phoenixgirl wrote:Also, I noticed that when the game opens up, it does so in full screen mode. Is it possible to have an option where it does so in windows mode as well?
Well, there's currently no option to but if you press Alt+Enter, you can get it in windowed and if you press that again, it'll go back into full screen. Hope that helps.

hikari_rekka

#20 Post by hikari_rekka » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:24 am

Though I sort of wonder why the wolves in the forest cause around 130 damage... There any way to get any armor if you choose "Look for Theodore"?

Calixte9

#21 Post by Calixte9 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:31 am

hikari_rekka wrote:Though I sort of wonder why the wolves in the forest cause around 130 damage... There any way to get any armor if you choose "Look for Theodore"?
Well, In the start of the game, If you took your favourite dress with you then that's armor. You can also buy a wooden shield in a variety of places and and some armor at Forthernshire.

hikari_rekka

#22 Post by hikari_rekka » Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:57 am

I see. So the "Look for Theodore" part is a freelance part for now? And thanks for the advice~

Calixte9

#23 Post by Calixte9 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:50 am

Yeah, if you choose to go home, the game will end and you'll get an ending.

phoenixgirl

#24 Post by phoenixgirl » Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:45 pm

Ok, I've played through the game as Lynette and I've gotten as far as possible until I ran into a problem. I'll post the bugs/problems I've found. (I'm planning on playing through again, using different characters this time.)

I had Lynette choose to take her sister to the new town. However, after entering a building and then exiting it, her sister disappears. But her sister reappears when Lynette enters other buildings except the weapons shop.

Once Lynette gets the present from Theodore and she opens it, the following conversations that she has with him are Theodore saying hi to her. I don't know if that's supposed to be the case but I thought it was a bit strange.

Finally, when Lynette goes to sit on the exam and she fails, I take her to the detention room. I get a message saying that she has to sit in but I don't know how long that's supposed to be the case. I had her sitting in the detention room for a couple of minutes but nothing happens. She can't move or leave the room.

That's it what I found so far. But I do like the game so far. Are you open to any suggestions for improvement? I was thinking that an explanation at the beginning regarding stats and such would be good. :)

Calixte9

#25 Post by Calixte9 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:57 pm

Ah, yes. I fixed the sister thing. Regarding Theodore, yes he is just meant to say hi, I couldn't think of anything else for him to say. The thing about detention has been mentioned already, It does work, just you have to wait for about 5 mins. Any suggestions are definitely welcome, I will take them all into consideration as long as they're within reason.
hikari_rekka wrote:Edit: In Rising Phoenix, there's this glitch where if I go into this huge house and I go to the roof, the door opens at the entrance and I can't move.
Sorry, I didn't see that but which house do you mean? Is it the one in the port? Because I tried that door and I didn't get this problem.

phoenixgirl

#26 Post by phoenixgirl » Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:13 am

Thanks. I'm almost done going through the game once (yeah, it's taking me a while XD).

So I'm wondering. Is each girl supposed to be paired up with a particular guy or can it be any guy? Also, regarding classes, should some girls take particular classes and ignore others?

Calixte9

#27 Post by Calixte9 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:47 am

Well, *technically* yes, but it's the player's decision. And for the guys, there's only 4 of them and 5 girls so that doesn't really work out if you pair them however if you choose to go home and you have the same amount of relationship points with two of them (say you're Sophia and you have 14 with both Martin and Felix) then you will marry the one your character is more likely to marry (In Sophia's case, Martin).

phoenixgirl

#28 Post by phoenixgirl » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:45 am

Ok, I had a chance to finish through as Lynette, as far as I could. I didn't enounter any problems when I chose for her to go home. However, when I chose the option to look for Theodore, I did have a couple of problems.

When I was on the world map, Lynette couldn't enter the case that was northwest of the town. Is that a bug or is that done on purpose?

On the world map, I took the ship and crossed to the other side. I found the box full of fruit in the wilderness camp. Then when I entered the cave in that land area and encountered a wolf, it attacked me. So I tried to use one of the grapes to replenish the character's hp and mp but it didn't work and I still lost one of the items in the process.

Oh and any hints on where Theodore might be?

Suggestions:

It might be nice to have some of the other PCs and NPCs sit in on the classes in the day as well. The classrooms seem a bit empty with only the playable character going to them.

Questions:

Does skipping lunch and/or dinner affect the character in any way?

How many magic spells can one learn? I was only able to learn 3.

Ulin208

#29 Post by Ulin208 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:44 am

May I be so bold as to reply for Calixte9, and if it's all right with you I answer for her, all the places you can not currently go to are most likely not created yet, the grape problem in being worked on, and about the eating/skipping, skipping lowers happiness and eating raises it, as for spells there are currently only 10 that you can learn, but if you keep taking magic you should get all of them (critical thinking helps with spells as well). Hints on where Theodore might be... I can say that he travelled around A LOT so basically you just have to visit towns and ask if any one has seen Theodore presuming that he still is alive, however, in this demo version there isn't much to do along the lines of actually looking for him, becuase it's kinda a long process as the plot unfolds.

Thank you for your suggestion, I'll try to convince my sister to add that. (I've tried before but now someone else has suggested it, she should be easier to sway). :wink:

phoenixgirl

#30 Post by phoenixgirl » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:38 am

Thanks, Ulin. I appreciate the help regarding Theodore. :)

I played through the game again, this time as Ella. I found a few errors/bugs.

On day 10, Felix says that he enjoys field day even though it hasn't happened yet.

On day 13, Ella is forced to take the wilderness course again. However, she doesn't have to fight the enchanted dolls. It skips that entire sequence. Thought that was a bit strange.

Finally, when it comes to taking an optional class for the fourth session, a couple of teachers (the proper etiquette and cooking teachers) say that there are no more classes today but there is the option to take one more class. I haven't encountered this with the other classes yet.

Ok, that's it. I'll try to play through as the other characters and if I encounter any more bugs, I'll post them here. :)