About the IdolCraft

So, you want to be a game maker? It might be easier than you think! Come here and see...
milliejam123

About the IdolCraft

#1 Post by milliejam123 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:52 am

where'd they get those tilesets and such, and how do they make the people walk on the street? i quite su*k at this im using RPG maker XP

phoenixgirl

#2 Post by phoenixgirl » Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:22 am

Hi millie,

If you check out the other thread in this forum about Idolcraft, click on the link there. Then you'll be directed to another page. There should be a link there on how to contact the gamemaker and there should be the email address. So you can send him an email with your question and he's really nice to talk to. I've sent him a couple of emails praising his work on Idolcraft. It's so much fun. :)
Please help and support me here.

lill_sweetty

#3 Post by lill_sweetty » Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:05 pm

On the same thread about Idolcraft on this forum, you can also find another link to a website/forum abound with people who are very very knowledgeable about RMXP.

Here's the link: rmxp.org

Also, I've fooled around with RMXP, and I believe to make people walk, you need to have an "event". Tilesets can be downloaded, or made by you or someone you hire (for free or costing). The tilesets can then be used for mapping. It's the same with sprites (designs for characters). However, sprites I think are a lot easier to make by yourself, and you can draw from scratch or "modify" (There's a specific name for the process) an existing one to make your own. Doing it from scratch happens to be better, though.

aya_lyka

#4 Post by aya_lyka » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:59 am

you need to learn how to you it first... heres my recommendation go to this site http://s1.zetaboards.com/GameShock/index/ register and ask or look at the tutorial section... i can help you there too... im a member there....