help me out please

So, you want to be a game maker? It might be easier than you think! Come here and see...
aya_lyka

help me out please

#1 Post by aya_lyka » Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:47 am

hi im a newbie at drawing character's ive been to drawing and sucks at shading... any help with coloring\shading... ive seen your game's and great graphics and drawing... if any of you could help me out... i really need it for my game... thanks.. if this is the wrong section please move...

Sara

Re: help me out please

#2 Post by Sara » Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:09 pm

Hi. ;) I don't work for Hanako Games unfortunatelly, but as a design student, this is how I usually do it: First of all I really draw everything by hand with clean lines. Then I scan the picture, and use Adobe Illustrator (CS3) to make the lineart (if you need help with brushes tell me) and to paint everything and delimitate the shadows. With that, the colour part is done. It's fairly easy, honestly. Then I use Adobe Photoshop to make the shadows smoother, finish the hair, etc. But for the shading I do use Illustrator AND then Photoshop. But everybody works differently of course.

-> This may be useful. <-

aya_lyka

#3 Post by aya_lyka » Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:53 am

i tried coloring but it totlly sucks... umMm i have a request can you color the character's i draw??... please... maybe any of you can help...

lill_sweetty

#4 Post by lill_sweetty » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:32 am

OMG. That deviantart is amazing.

The tutorials are great, and the final product is great too...I will definitely be using these.

@aya_lyka: It's very hard at first, but after awhile, you start doing things automatically and touching up. And coloring takes a really long time too. Have patience!

Sara

#5 Post by Sara » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:36 pm

I would love to help you honestly... But I'm too busy right now... :wink: I have college exams and I'm also involved in a project.

Maybe someone other than me could help you?

aya_lyka

#6 Post by aya_lyka » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:31 am

0o0oh that's ok im still not finished with my sketch... s0o0o maybe if im done you could be free that time...