Idolcraft - Pop Singer RPG

So, you want to be a game maker? It might be easier than you think! Come here and see...
hanako
Site Admin

Idolcraft - Pop Singer RPG

#1 Post by hanako » Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:15 pm

A little game some of you might be interested in - http://sites.rpgm.org/index.php?p=113

Recruit pop idols and train them up to be stars! Cool! ;)

phoenixgirl

#2 Post by phoenixgirl » Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:40 pm

Thanks so much for the recommendation. I just finished playing the game once and it was so much fun. Can't wait to try it out again. :D
Please help and support me here.

lill_sweetty

#3 Post by lill_sweetty » Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:25 am

Awesome!

I guess you know what this crowd likes....^^ Thank you so much. I am definitely trying it out.

phoenixgirl

#4 Post by phoenixgirl » Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:00 am

Hmm, I was wondering if this was the correct place to ask questions about the game and all. I'm playing it again and I'm having trouble on this one particular task. It's the one where I'm trying to get the grandma's cat back to her. I found the cat but the cat refuses to come down from the tree. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. :)

hanako
Site Admin

#5 Post by hanako » Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:24 pm

I guess you know what this crowd likes....^^
I do my best :) If you check the 'Other Games' page on hanakogames I've also got a link to a site that does little flash dating games for girls...
I was wondering if this was the correct place to ask questions about the game and all.
You can, but probably only a few people here have played it so far, and I don't know the answers either. You might want to check the RPG Maker thread, there are more hints there.

phoenixgirl

#6 Post by phoenixgirl » Thu May 01, 2008 12:56 am

Thank you. I'll be sure to check out the thread for the answers. :)

And hmm, this has reawakened by interest in creating my own game. :wink:

lill_sweetty

#7 Post by lill_sweetty » Sat May 10, 2008 4:28 pm

phoenixgirl wrote:Hmm, I was wondering if this was the correct place to ask questions about the game and all. I'm playing it again and I'm having trouble on this one particular task. It's the one where I'm trying to get the grandma's cat back to her. I found the cat but the cat refuses to come down from the tree. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. :)
You found the cat? is it at the park? I tried to find it every day, but couldn't even find it at all...

~_~ I'm going to search and see if I can find hints about the dorm mystery. I can't find the cellar key, or what that squeaking noise is...or anything. XD

I got a B on my first try. I'm going to go back and see if I can get even higher. I didn't think games like this could be created on RMXP.

phoenixgirl

#8 Post by phoenixgirl » Sun May 11, 2008 2:08 am

Yup, I found the cat. Once you get the quest to find the cat, he'll be up in a tree. However, you'll need a certain item to reach the cat. :wink:

Regarding the dorm mystery, you'll need the cellar key to complete it. If you find the man in the hat, he'll eventually offer an item that will help you to get the key. Etsuko will tell a fortune about how you'll be able to obtain an item that was unreachable before.

lill_sweetty

#9 Post by lill_sweetty » Sun May 11, 2008 2:31 pm

~__~ I got that part (Thx to help from the forum link).

However, the ghost isn't coming! That *chp chp* sound occurs at night, but there's no ghosts, and there girls don't wake me up to investigate. I've played it through a few times, but it never occurs, and I got the key at the earliest time I was able to.

^^ And I finally got the cat!!! *dance* I found the tree, and the item on the map with the school too....I can't believe I miss the cat the first time. As for the item...I just got lucky because I wanted the money on top.

Can anyone tell me the girls I'm missing, and how exactly to encounter them. I made notes for them just in case you don't remember their names. I got....

1. Kazune-"Bad girl" turned idol.
2. Yumi-Runaway idol.
3. Airi-Recluse idol.
4. Monique-Australion model idol.
5. Nanaka- This girl frustrates me. I can never get her..! Part-time worker.
6. Fumiya-Past idol returned.
7. Chisato-Cheerleader schoolgirl idol.
8. Erina-Choir schoolgirl idol.
9. Totomi-Tennis idol.
10. That pizza girl. XD
11. Mei-Lives in that huge mansion with her grandma.

There's only one girl I can't seem to find....Does it have anything to do with the building that you need a badge to get into?

phoenixgirl

#10 Post by phoenixgirl » Mon May 12, 2008 1:42 am

Let's see...No ghost ever comes. (If you investigate the whole ghost issue, you'll see why.) If I remember correctly, what I did after getting all 6 girls is that the secretary will mention about the hole in the wall in the manager's room. I approached that hole and there's a few words about it. Then when the manager is sleeping, there may be one or two times that the squeak sound is mentioned. Now assuming that you got the key to the basement and explored it, later on (I think it was later in May), one of the girls (usually the first girl you recruited) will come into the manager's room and claims that there are ghosts. She'll want to sleep in the room. Of course, when the options are presented, first time will be no but the second time, you should probably choose the second option (the one where the manager reluctantly allows the girl to sleep in the room for the night). Eventually, you should get a fortune from Etsuko saying that you'll be exploring darkness and dampness (something like that) but that you shouldn't be afraid. Then that night, all of the girls will come into the manager's room and claim that there are ghosts. So you'll need to investigate the basement and I think you can handle it from there. :wink:

Regarding the girls, for Nanako, I remember that she would work in that restaurant on Fridays and Saturdays so I'd build up her trust by giving her presents like jewelry. Also, she might appear on the park bench and you can possibly recruit her that way.

The one girl you're missing is Bunny. She is in that office building with the security guard so you'll need to find the badge to get access.

Jinroh

#11 Post by Jinroh » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:33 pm

:o Wow!! Totally downloading this right now! ^_^ Thanks for the tip Hanako.
The wolf and his mate howl, taking solace in the silver moon. Pressing ever foreward to see what the future holds.

perch

#12 Post by perch » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:18 am

Okay, this game is thoroughly addicting, though I can't seem to successfully scout one girl, I've managed to find the other eleven.

Fumi - The former idol. I've managed to find her in the street, and then see her in the office asking the receptionist/secretary about her photo, after that I've managed to get into the basement with the key and get her photo, but I have no clue where she's gone off to at that point. Does she wander around or is she in a certain building? She's the last girl I need to successfully scout and I feel silly having gotten the "tougher" girls like Bunny and Mei before her. Any help would be greatly appreciated if someone knows here.

lill_sweetty

#13 Post by lill_sweetty » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:37 am

About fumi:

She does go onto the streets at certain times, and that's usually how you find her before the "photo incident". After you find the photos, however, she will go to the diner place where Nanaka works at the beginning. Or, at least, that's how I found her. I'm not sure if she's there everyday but try there.

Also, about Bunny, can I get more explicit help on how to get into the building? Because I still can't get in it.

phoenixgirl

#14 Post by phoenixgirl » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:50 pm

Info about how to get Bunny:

Search in one of the mailboxes to find a security badge. It's in a mailbox near where Bunny works so you won't have to search too far for it. And make sure that you enter the building during the day and on the week since the building is closed on the weekends and at night.

hikari_rekka

#15 Post by hikari_rekka » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:49 pm

It looks interesting, I'll try it out when I'm done trying to complete a goal for another game I'm playing