Ouya

So, you want to be a game maker? It might be easier than you think! Come here and see...
daikiraikimi

Ouya

#1 Postby daikiraikimi » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:58 pm

This isn't necessarily about making my own game (though I am definitely planning on it!) but I wanted to start a discussion about the Ouya!

I was wondering if Hanako Games was planning on releasing their games on the Ouya, as I would be super excited to have them on there! (I didn't see any "General" or "Miscellaneous" section where I could post that, though?)

For those of you who don't know, the Ouya is a new gaming console being sold for only $99 (as opposed to the triple digits of Play Station and X-Box) and it runs on the Android operating system.

The point of the Ouya is to make it easy for indie game makers to get their games on a console! (Normally, if you want to make a game for Play Station or X-Box you have to buy reeeally expensive developers packages, which is why mostly large companies make games for them.)

There is already a visual novel that was made using Ren'Py up on the Ouya called The Vestibule. It's a pretty short and simple game, but it's good news for anyone making a game using Ren'Py who want their game on the Ouya!

Ouya has only two guidelines for games to get on their store: 1. Nothing too sexually explicit (though they don't define that too well) and 2. No hate speech. Also, every game on the Ouya has some free component, even if it's just a demo, so there are lots of things to try!

Okay, done ranting. Thoughts?

Return to “Make your Own Games!”