Coming Out on Top gay male dating sim

So, you want to be a game maker? It might be easier than you think! Come here and see...
witchboy

Coming Out on Top gay male dating sim

#1 Postby witchboy » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:36 pm

Below is a link to Coming Out on Top, a gay male dating sim demo. It's still in the Kickstarter stage with a long demo. There's only one datable guy in the demo, but several more will be added to the finished product.
I found the demo lots of fun. The characters were all well developed, funny, interesting and the guys were sexy. I loved it enough that I joined the Kickstarter program which has already far far surpassed the creator's goal and will thus include lots of extras, including several one date only guys to be added to the game.

http://obscurasoftgames.blogspot.com/

hanako
Site Admin

#2 Postby hanako » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:43 pm

Moving this for now because there's currently only a free game and a lot of in-progress stuff. I do hope it turns out well, though, I've heard good things about this project. :)

Hoosha

#3 Postby Hoosha » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:16 pm

Oooh. I can't wait for this although I think it's going to be more smut than lovey dovey romance >;O which is a little disappointing but who am I to complain?

witchboy

#4 Postby witchboy » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:29 pm

I think there will be a fair mix of sex and romance, but the happy endings of each path will be a romantic ending. It's probably a little more realistic that sexuality is part of the relationships.
I'm part of the Kickstarter program and have been active on the game's forum boards.

Phyllis

#5 Postby Phyllis » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:49 am

Weeee~ Fun, fun! (ノ>▽<。)ノ

First, otome games and now BxB games! I am so happy that more and more of these genres are now being developed and produced! I can't wait! Expected release is on December 2013...Christmas Gift!

witchboy

#6 Postby witchboy » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:55 am

I too am really excited to see more and more otome and now yaoi/gay games getting released. I wish more translated Japanese games could be released too, but American/English language games are great too.
I am a little confused Phyllis, what's getting released on Dec 2013? I thought Coming out on top was coming out spring 2014, but I could be wrong. Whatever it is, I'm excited too!

Phyllis

#7 Postby Phyllis » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:36 am

There are so many otome and yaoi games out there but they're almost all in japanese. Unlike JRPGS, it won't be as much fun to play an otome game or yaoi game when you don't understand the story. Good thing more game developers are now tapping on the genre! ヽ(*≧ω≦)ノ

I read on their blog that the game is due for release this December 2013 and then add-ons will come after. I was thinking, 'oooohhhhh, add-ons!'

witchboy

#8 Postby witchboy » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:31 pm

The game creator is taking a lot of feedback in the forum for kickstarter supporters too, which is neat to feel so involved in the game's creation.
Yeah, I get frustrated looking at the games out there in Japanese, it makes me want to play them so bad, but I can't read or speak a lick of Japanese.

Phyllis

#9 Postby Phyllis » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:38 am

Since otome games and yaoi games are still new concepts in the Western gaming field ('New' being a relative term XD), it is very nice that the game creators and the players are helping each out in developing ideas.

Yeah, it really sucks. You see a good game and you want to play it but then BAM! Language Barrier! I'm actually starting to study Japanese so that I can play the games XD Also, so I can help with translating JAP games into English (in the far, far future where I can make heads or tails out of those darn Kanjis)

Return to “Make your Own Games!”