Another problem on selling my games.

So, you want to be a game maker? It might be easier than you think! Come here and see...
Kyla

Another problem on selling my games.

#1 Postby Kyla » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:18 pm

Alright, I have a problem. Which I was not really going to sell yet since I haven't finish it, but I wanted to know how do I sell games.

Problem below that I'm facing :

1. I do not own my own website and I do not have the money to start a website yet, so how am I going to sell it?

2. I think on selling it on my blog but what I heard from my brother is that, blogger cannot upload that big file and sell it.

3. That's it actually. :lol:

Anyone here can help out please? :(
Thank you! :)

hanako
Site Admin

#2 Postby hanako » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:53 pm

Worry about finishing your game first.

You will generally need to own your own website in order to sell from - there tend to be rules against selling things off free sites and blogs. If you're acting as a business then you have to behave as a business. There's a lot of complications that go into it.

But the first and most complicated is finishing a game! Many people do not try to sell their first game because they need the practice in wrapping up a big project and dealing with polish/distribution/bugfixing/etc first.

Kyla

#3 Postby Kyla » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:02 pm

hanako wrote:Worry about finishing your game first.

You will generally need to own your own website in order to sell from - there tend to be rules against selling things off free sites and blogs. If you're acting as a business then you have to behave as a business. There's a lot of complications that go into it.

But the first and most complicated is finishing a game! Many people do not try to sell their first game because they need the practice in wrapping up a big project and dealing with polish/distribution/bugfixing/etc first.

Alright. Thanks Admin! :D

tn5421

#4 Postby tn5421 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:20 am

It may be worth putting in extra time and effort to go through the Steam Greenlighting process. The Steam client handles distribution of patches, games, and dlc fairly well, and quite a few people use it.

But definitely finish your game first.

Return to “Make your Own Games!”